can I hit SM operations with this gear?

No, you can't, you can't do all story modes either. Only Karagga's Palace and Eternity Vault.

I noticed there is something called Denova and I was wondering about that, but in general I'm not aware of this. How many operations are there at all?

Kragga's Palace and Eternity Vault are the ones you can do with the group finder.

There is also Operation: Denova and Terror from Beyond but you need to get your own group for that.

When RotHC comes out, there will also be Scum and VIllainy, which I'm not sure, but probably isn't going to be in the group finder. At least on release.

Edited by Geseb_Var

Talking specifically about the group finder, all Story Modes will be available in 2.0 based on level. EV and KP will be the choices for level 50s while KP and EC (Denova) will be 51-54 and TFB and SaV will be 55. There may be a second bracket in the 51-54 range that would have EC and TFB but I don't think there is.

Additionally I believe TFB has been buffed to level 55 (I'm positive HM has but I think story mode has too) so that 50s will be limited to 3 ops not 4 going into the future and 55s will have access to 5 total (2 at level 55 specifically.)

Hope this helps give a picture of what is happening Tuesday.

Kragga's Palace and Eternity Vault are the ones you can do with the group finder.

There is also Operation: Denova and Terror from Beyond but you need to get your own group for that.

When RotHC comes out, there will also be Scum and VIllainy, which I'm not sure, but probably isn't going to be in the group finder. At least on release.

Actually it is - S&V and TFB SM are in GF for the level 55s. The other ops remain level 50, not sure which ones of those are in there for people in the 50-54 range.

Edited by steave

I'm in basic tioniese + I bought rakata implants and earpiece. From some posts I've read here, it shouldn't be a problem right?

Since SM Ops(EV and KP) drop Columi pieces and that is the next step above Tionese, you'd have to unless you want a long and slow grind, not to mention the BH and Columi tokens you receive for completing them daily.

Since SM Ops(EV and KP) drop Columi pieces and that is the next step above Tionese, you'd have to unless you want a long and slow grind, not to mention the BH and Columi tokens you receive for completing them daily.

In a few days that's no longer true. Don't worry much about it.