Why YOU should choose The Bastion over The Harbringer for you Chronic pvpers!

crezzie

So where to begin.

Iv just rerolled a toon on the harb and i have to say the Population is amazing 4 phases of fleet on the weekends our peek time and during the arvo when i get home from work at around 4:00pm. But for this massive pop im quite supprised at how slow the q times are for pvp ( which is all i play swtor for). Most arvos when i log on still waiting around the 5/10min mark for pvp Q's and more often than not its imp V imp!! Now around the 6:30/7:00pm mark pvp Q pops can get stupidly long(sometime 20/30min) and when they do pop its usually imp V imp. Now on a good pvp night/day where its Imp V Pub if ur imperial on The Harb (like me) then your not gunna have a very fun time if you dont get yourself into a guildie premade or a very good pug because you will get smashed by certain pub guilds that have the gear and the group makup to make ur pvp/gear grind a living hell E.g. lastnight (tuesday) out of 12 or so games i had 2 wins!!!!

The Bastion on the other hand which i played on for quite a while b4 my breif unsub of swtor the population was also amazing but what was even better was the PVP. From 4:00 when i get home from work till 9:00/10:30pm pvp pops were very consistant <5mins it was very competetive pvp with a 50/50 win rate from my experience. There were lots of ranked teams up and running even some half decent ranked pugs( YES RANKED PUGS!!). There are also ALOT of very decent pvp guilds on both sides of the bastion opposed to only a few on The harbringer BOSS( which im in) being one of them.

What im really trying to do is change peoples minds those of which who are looking to go to The Harbringer to come to The Bastion instead (for pvp anyways) as i believe The Bastion has a more Desierable aspect of pvp then The Harbringer does.. I really didnt think 3 capital letters at the end of a server PVE/PVP made that much of a difference BUT IT DOES!! Now this is only MY experience others may have different ones please post some replys and get this thread happening :)

I follow the money. For swtor it started off looking like open world pvp, but my god how it's not.

Developers need to pull their finger out of their a** and use the single shard approach. Not this very old multishard model. CCP does it so so so much better.

TLDR: We should be here to play the game, not the server.... Thanks obama.

Edited by -Jay-

Bro you are over-analysing this. Most of the Harbringer's top PVP guilds are coming to the Bastion (e.g., whatever is left of Squirtle and others), as are a large amount of top players from other servers.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=641239

But I think if you are intersted in PVE, you really should go to the Harbringer. I haven't done much PVE but it seems like there are a lot fewer opportunities to do raids on our primetime on the Bastion given population issues as opposed to Harbringer.

Edited by iheartnyc

As previously mentioned, where people go is really dependent on the style of play they prefer. At the moment I think it is fair to say that there are few guilds that actively participate in competitive PvP on Master Dar'Nala due to the state of the server. And if the major competitive scene for PvP is on the Bastion then it makes sense for those guilds to go there.

On the other hand you have guilds such as <Nightmare Council> and others that are heavily PvE focused and dabble in PvP. It would make sense for these guilds to follow the majority of the APAC community to which ever server. At the moment this server seems to be the Harbinger but this could change. Higher population during our prime time would likely make it easier to find pugs for raids while PvP would still be available on the side. It's completely irrelevant if the top PvE guild is on another server.

Finally, paid character transfers are scheduled to be released with the 2.2 update. So even if you choose to go to the 'wrong' server you will be able to switch later on. You also have the option of splitting your toons over both the Harbinger and the Bastion so you could have the best of both worlds.