Will we ever be able to reach a higher level than 55?

Sharmen

hi there don't mean to moan :) but will we ever get the opportunity as we were promised to attain higher level on our characters or is the story line going to be filled with new warzones starship quests and no new quests or planets ? This is a wonderful game if you are fortunate enoughto be with like minded people that will come join you to do the Toborro quest on Makeb but when we largely play alone new quest line and the opportunity to raise my 12 level 55 characters would be very welcome . But well done for all the work you havedone with the subscriptionfro us in such a short ti e and the excellent customer service and quality of gamep, ay andserver statusyou have acheived insuch a short time !but please give our characterschance to be higher :rolleyes:level

What part of your body did you type this out with?

IIRC there's been no promised lvl cap, and there are other ops apart from Toborro's Courtyard.

There's a lot of stuff to do end-game, much more than Makeb (there's been 8 big updates since Makeb, most with new 55 stuff).

With 12 lvl 55 characters, go join some ops. You'll have a pretty wide selection of which faction and class to raid with.

I assume so because the up coming 2.8 release seems to be aimed at gearing people in elite / ultimate gear

here are some of the relevant patch notes for 2.8

Players who are defeated in an Operation now have the option to spawn inside of the instance when all other players in the group are out of combat.

Players accessing Operations through Group Finder will now be Bolstered to an appropriate gear rating while inside the Operation. This Bolster effect will also provide increased incoming healing and increased shield chance and shield absorb.

Operations in Group Finder will now group players for the 16-Player Story Mode version of the Operation.

The Operation category of the Group Finder now rotates through a different available Operation throughout the week. A timer in the window indicates the time the current Operation is available.

Dread Fortress and Dread Palace have been added to the Operation rotation.

Rewards for completing content via the Group Finder have been improved!

Operations:

o Upgraded to 30 Ultimate Commendations at Level 55.

o Upgraded to 25 Elite Commendations between Levels 50-54.

Hard Mode Level 55 Flashpoints:

o Upgraded to 10 Ultimate Commendations.

Tactical 55 Flashpoints:

o Upgraded to 10 Elite Commendations.

Make your own assumptions but im assuming bioware wants us to get full ultimate gear and when you can get 70 ultimate comms for just doing 1! 55 hard mode flashpoint through group finder it wont be hard. Do a few 16 man SMs or even use Groupfinder for a 55 operation and it will probably only take you 1 or 2 operations to max out your ultimate comms per week. Which makes it a lot easier for people who do not have a lot of time to gear their characters to get nearly 2 ultimate pieces per week.

I would say, based on this part "when we largely play alone new quest line and the opportunity to raise my 12 level 55 characters would be very welcome" that the OP largely solos. There has, indeed, been very little in the way of solo questing added since Makeb, and most of what has been added in is just a lead up to group content.

I am assuming the patch with the level cap increase will also include substantial faction arcs to level on. Surely they wouldn't say they are abandoning class quests for faction ones only to turn around and abandon those as well?

I assume so because the up coming 2.8 release seems to be aimed at gearing people in elite / ultimate gear

here are some of the relevant patch notes for 2.8

Players who are defeated in an Operation now have the option to spawn inside of the instance when all other players in the group are out of combat.

Players accessing Operations through Group Finder will now be Bolstered to an appropriate gear rating while inside the Operation. This Bolster effect will also provide increased incoming healing and increased shield chance and shield absorb.

Operations in Group Finder will now group players for the 16-Player Story Mode version of the Operation.

The Operation category of the Group Finder now rotates through a different available Operation throughout the week. A timer in the window indicates the time the current Operation is available.

Dread Fortress and Dread Palace have been added to the Operation rotation.

Rewards for completing content via the Group Finder have been improved!

Operations:

o Upgraded to 30 Ultimate Commendations at Level 55.

o Upgraded to 25 Elite Commendations between Levels 50-54.

Hard Mode Level 55 Flashpoints:

o Upgraded to 10 Ultimate Commendations.

Tactical 55 Flashpoints:

o Upgraded to 10 Elite Commendations.

Make your own assumptions but im assuming bioware wants us to get full ultimate gear and when you can get 70 ultimate comms for just doing 1! 55 hard mode flashpoint through group finder it wont be hard. Do a few 16 man SMs or even use Groupfinder for a 55 operation and it will probably only take you 1 or 2 operations to max out your ultimate comms per week. Which makes it a lot easier for people who do not have a lot of time to gear their characters to get nearly 2 ultimate pieces per week.

Kinda makes me wonder what the next set of comms will be named... I mean... what's better than "ultimate"?

Super-duper comms?

Mega comms?

Unbelievable comms?

:D

Kinda makes me wonder what the next set of comms will be named... I mean... what's better than "ultimate"?

Super-duper comms?

Mega comms?

Unbelievable comms?

why even have new comms at some point they will need to tweak it and make it more simple .

to many comms can make it confusing for some and all ways changing it up can be more confusing . not for me but i see all kinds of questions that don't need to be there .

Super-duper comms?

Mega comms?

Unbelievable comms?

They'll just convert all your comms to classic and introduce new tiers of gear for basic, elite and ultimate... :D