Should I ditch Synthweaving for Biochem? Lvl 30 Sage

Shogun-Ian

While I was waiting for and on (4 times lol) the Tattooine balloon I was playing with crafting. I can't currently make anything good but I am between 100-150 in Arch, Under and Synth. There is that much talk of Biochem being the most useful at end game I wondered if I should invest in that. I have obviously wasted time as I am lvl 30 now but I do have 100 000 credits in the bank to start new!

Opinions please! I seem to find decent gear as I am going along! Seems a complete waste of time so far, though I don't confess to understand it fully! I am just not sure if Synth will ever give me anything I need. Or i the point to sell to people levelling up? Yet the costs are great all in!

Now is the time to change I guess before I get yet further!

Anyone else thinking the same?

LOL! I am a 30 JK and am considering the exact same thing..... ive got 150 synth/180 arch and synth has really done nothing for me, quest/commendation gear has always been better than what i can craft... and i think about all the benifits to my actual gameplay that biochem would have......

Don't be too concerned about the value of a crafting profession while you level. Go to the synthweaving trainer and change the filter to ALL. Then look at the skill level 400 gear. That will give you a better sense for the value of the profession at level 50.

I don't know what synthweaving gets at 400. But biochem gets you reusable adrenals, medpacks, and stims that only you can use. This could have a trememdous long term value.

Thanks all, I do wonder if all will balance though and I'll be throwing away time and resources. But I haven't invested that much time and I seem to be collecting more money than I need to spend. Other than starship upgrades I seem to collect all that I need. I am always the same with all RPG's I don't buy things as you collect them or similar anyway. Then finish the game a multi millionaire lol

LOL! I am a 30 JK and am considering the exact same thing..... ive got 150 synth/180 arch and synth has really done nothing for me, quest/commendation gear has always been better than what i can craft... and i think about all the benifits to my actual gameplay that biochem would have......

Thats it for me I will use the stuff from Biochem. But then Biochem is to be "nerfed" next they say! Its just a shame to waste the money and points put into it but I literally have never used any of my gear as I find better. I can plough 100k of free money into it to get started I guess. Leave the computer on when I am busy in the house and keep gathering/levelling them.

Will you ever sell the stuff you don't need if everyone becomes Biochem people! Which other crew skills will you roll? I was thinking Bioanalysis and diplomacy.