Get Speeders sooner and make them faster..

Freekedoutfish

By the time you are level 25 and have a speeder, you have travelled through quite a few large worlds during which having a Speeder would have been very beneficial and made life a lot less tedious.

But you have to wait until level 25 to get one.

I suggest we get one a lot sooner at maybe level 10.

I can't see any real reason we have to wait that much longer, especially when it just means dragging out the painful task of walking/running accross large areas of a planet. It couldn't unblance anything or damage the gameplay.

But once you get to level 25 and finally get a Speeder... its a bit of an anti-climix.

The vision of a Speeder from Star Wars is of speed.... and that just is not reflected in these Mounts.

They may be 90%,100% and 110% faster but they honestly don't feel like they are moving any faster then a casual run. Speeders are meant to be fast, very FAST. Perhaps make the speeders progress from 100% to 150% to 200% or faster?

Just to give that real sense of speed... hence the name!

To be honest on the starter planets the taxi system is good enough you don't need a speeder, also due to mob desity you'd spend 90% of your time being knocked off.

The 1st time you really need one is Tatooine.

I can see your point from the perspective of running an alt through the same planets but when it's your 1st time on a planet I think running by foot is a much better way of exploration.

Maybe a legacy unlock to supply an alt with an early speeder?

I hope/believe that future planets will become much bigger/open world like, therefore I see speeders coming with 150-200% or even faster.

I hope the planets we have now are considered as starter planets for 1-50 and all further ones will be entirely different and less corridor like, more like real vast planets.

Faster speeders? Maybe as a future rare drop or as a commonplace thing that comes with a level cap increase, but for now, speeders have a nice place between travelling on foot and using taxis. People already have their newly aquired advanced classes at level 10 to be excited about but, in the near future, people WILL be able to make the lowest rank speeders available at level 10 via the legacy unlocks.

25 takes roughly a little over 24 hours of gameplay for the average player. Most players will be spending far more time on their speeders while outdoors in the grand scale of things. No matter how you slice it.

In a slightly related complaint: Please BW, stop having my robes clip so obviously through all the level 40 and 50 speeders + taxis. My robe is even seen permanently hanging underneath my precious Korrealis Sovereign for cry out loud! :(

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest we get one a lot sooner at maybe level 10.

They may be 90%,100% and 110% faster but they honestly don't feel like they are moving any faster then a casual run. Speeders are meant to be fast, very FAST. Perhaps make the speeders progress from 100% to 150% to 200% or faster?

I couldn't agree more. I can't believe anyone doesn't agree with this. There are three important points here:

1. Speeding around is fun.

2. Sitting and waiting for stuff to happen in a game is not fun. It is tedious.

3. My car can go about ten times faster than a person running. How is it that a society that has mastered interstellar travel is incapable of building land vehicles that go more than twice the speed of a human on foot?

The speeder speeds are a joke. Show me another game that has transortation this slow?

I think the 100%, 150% and 200% are a good start.

This will just be another item I add to the list of why I unsub :(

The speeder speeds are a joke. Show me another game that has transortation this slow?

I disagree. I think it should be more like 200%, 400%, and 800%.

I couldn't agree more. I can't believe anyone doesn't agree with this. There are three important points here:

1. Speeding around is fun.

2. Sitting and waiting for stuff to happen in a game is not fun. It is tedious.

3. My car can go about ten times faster than a person running. How is it that a society that has mastered interstellar travel is incapable of building land vehicles that go more than twice the speed of a human on foot?

Suit yourself :p

I levelled two characters to 50 - without touching a speeder even once.

I don't agree on getting the speeders sooner. With sprint from level 1 and the upcoming legacy option for speeders from level 10 its more than needed.

But I DO think that the speed difference within speeder levels should be higher. The Basic +90% is good, but rank2 would be nice around 110% and rank3 around 125%. Wouldn't be game-braking but still noticeable steps. Right now I had hard time to tell when I switched from my rank1 to rank3.

Indeed, some of the suggested numbers are beyond ridiculous, but the cost for speeder piloting and the speeders is also a bit ridiculous for the miniscule increase.

At the very least it should be 90%, 120%, and 150%.

This will just be another item I add to the list of why I unsub :(

Vanilla had 60% mounts at lvl 40 ;)

Personally I dont like mounts in MMO´s, its just not realistic that everyone sits on a dragon, speeder etc. To go by foot is much more fun actually and you also see something of the world then.

yeah, agree

i made it to tatooine on my SI at level 22 or 23 and essentially had to go do the bonus on Balmorra and a bunch of Nar Shaddaa side quests I would rather not have had to run just to get my speeder skill so I could manage Tatooine travel. it took the steam out of my sails--i would settle for a trike rather than having to too hoof it all over the place (maybe a segway?). definitely this needs to change, maybe make the riding skill open up at the same time one gets their spaceship? it makes no sense to see some kid driving a cadillac but they don't know how to drive a bicycle yet.

I'm usually L20 at least by the time I leave the capital planet (Coruscant in my case). I usually get my speeder before the end of the next world (Taris for me). Personally, I don't find the scale of Taris, nor Nar Shaddaa, to be so big that earlier/faster speeders would make a significant QoL issue for me. I bet you can cross Taris in about the time it takes to cross just the Dune Sea of Tattooine.

I've hit level 25 plenty of times before being done with Nar Shaddaa, I don't hop on over to Tatooine to get a speeder right away, Nar Shaddaa is compact enough to not need a speeder. And neither are Taris/Balmorra really.

As to the request of making speeders faster, no. They shouldn't ever become faster than taking the taxi. Otherwise that's just a money sink rendered obsolete and you don't want that in a game with a faucet-drain based economy.

As to the request of making speeders faster, no. They shouldn't ever become faster than taking the taxi. Otherwise that's just a money sink rendered obsolete and you don't want that in a game with a faucet-drain based economy.

I agree: the taxis need to be much faster as well.

Some of this thread is really bizarre to me. I thought the purpose of the game was to have fun, and it's fun to have fast-paced action. Are people actually saying that it is more fun to move slower? Don't tell me about whether you "need" speeders. Tell me if you actually think the game would be less enjoyable if you could get to your destination more quickly. If there was a 400% speeder, you wouldn't use it?

I don't mind getting the speeders at 25 level but the speed increase on higher levels should be more consistent. If you compare the speeders from movies or other games ( like Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy) their speed is low, even at 110%. Maybe a temporary boost ( nitro? :D ) in speed would be nice.