Vaylin as a companion?

saiyanjedidmv

I'm actually a bit reluctant to put this here, purely because i am not sure where else to put it or where it would be suited for.....

anyway after thinking about for a little I was wonder IF you would think it would be a good idea to make Vaylin into a companion, assuming she hasn't entered the complete monster category yet (AKA the territory for villains who are truly irredeemable)

she could have a good storyline going for her, and depending on how you act with her (aka class, alignment, etc) could become, anything such as your character's love interest, undyingly loyal servant/ally, or even your padawan/apprentice (if your a force user of course)

that is assuming she isn't too much of a broken bird, or has become too much of a monster, or even becomes one of those "too powerful too live" characters, or any combination of the three or anything I haven't listed here.

I hope this isn't a horrible idea or too much of an insane one

So what do you all think? :cool:

Edited by saiyanjedidmv

anything such as your character's love interest, undyingly loyal servant/ally

she is stronger then you , if anything ya should be the servant :D

and you lost me at that part..seriously? servant ?? She is a princess! Why would she care for the outlander and become his sidekick when she can rule an empire ?

and you lost me at that part..seriously? servant ?? She is a princess! Why would she care for the outlander and become his sidekick when she can rule an empire ?

oh i see where this is goin :D dominavaylintrix messa:rod_embarrass_p: liek.:rod_embarrass_p:

yeah i goofed up there:eek:, I have no explanantion as to why that would happen, maybe the player character or some unseen antagonist does something to her i dont know i cant think of anything crazy enough to explain that part of my crackpot idea, so yeah.......I goofed up there is all i can say about it :o

she is stronger then you

Oh we'll see about that.:p

Because she wants the D

D stands for dark side lightsaber. Why, what were you thinking of?:rolleyes:

On a more serious note, who says companions have to be servants? There are a few cases where I'd argue they're closer to partners (or just convenient collaborators):

-Smuggler and Risha

-BH and Mako

-Agent and Lokin (and SCORPIO, and Kaliyo)

-Knight and Scourge

Then in Fallen Empire, Lana isn't particularly subservient. She's a lot more pleasant than a Sith has right to be but there's always a strong undertone of her doing her own thing. Same with Senya. And SCORPIO. Wow. It's like all the female companions in this expansion thus far aren't taking **** from anybody. Sounds good to me.

Anyway bring on the Vaylin companion (with romance)! My inquisitor needs this!

Edited by CrutchCricket

Just when you think the "guys love to sleep with crazy" things a trope, its proved real again :p

Shes a total whackado, violently homicidal, and looney toons cartoonishly evil, and you want to boink her... you might want to go watch a movie called "Fatal Attraction" to see what happens when you sleep with crazy :eek:

Better hide all your minipets so they dont end up in a boiling pot of water...

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Vaylin's not so strong...

Senya had her beat, but couldn't bring herself to kill her own daughter (at the time). Are you saying that Senya's more powerful than our characters as well?

I wouldn't want to have her as a companion. Her voice grates on me. If given a choice of comp or kill, I'll happily kill her with each, and every one, of my 30+ characters.

Just when you think the "guys love to sleep with crazy" things a trope, its proved real again :p

Shes a total whackado, violently homicidal, and looney toons cartoonishly evil, and you want to boink her... you might want to go watch a movie called "Fatal Attraction" to see what happens when you sleep with crazy :eek:

Better hide all your minipets so they dont end up in a boiling pot of water...

Now that's funny. :D

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Vaylin's not so strong...

Senya had her beat, but couldn't bring herself to kill her own daughter (at the time). Are you saying that Senya's more powerful than our characters as well?

I wouldn't want to have her as a companion. Her voice grates on me. If given a choice of comp or kill, I'll happily kill her with each, and every one, of my 30+ characters.

Now that's funny. :D

Senya beat her...not the outlander . Unless you plan on Using Mommie Senya and take credits for the win?

I'm actually a bit reluctant to put this here, purely because i am not sure where else to put it or where it would be suited for.....

anyway after thinking about for a little I was wonder IF you would think it would be a good idea to make Vaylin into a companion, assuming she hasn't entered the complete monster category yet (AKA the territory for villains who are truly irredeemable)

she could have a good storyline going for her, and depending on how you act with her (aka class, alignment, etc) could become, anything such as your character's love interest, undyingly loyal servant/ally, or even your padawan/apprentice (if your a force user of course)

that is assuming she isn't too much of a broken bird, or has become too much of a monster, or even becomes one of those "too powerful too live" characters, or any combination of the three or anything I haven't listed here.

I hope this isn't a horrible idea or too much of an insane one

So what do you all think? :cool:

I think this would be good but i wish that if they do this its with a companion overhaul cause i want them to add more interaction with companions like more talks and missions and such and maybe later or at a really high influence level you can actually marry them or something like that. It would add more depth to the companions and stuff as well as give more stuff for RP people to do..

Well she did send us flying such a ridiculous distance they should've had

playing.

Senya beat her...not the outlander .

Yeah well, we weren't allowed to fight her so that hardly matters. And if she does take over as main villain we will beat her. Unless they make her Revan 2.0 and force us to bring every named NPC ever created to take her down. If that happens, TOR will have failed me for the last time.

One of the complaints about ridiculously overpowered Companions was that our characters are supposed to be the heroes, and our companions are sidekicks. Regardless of whether that is true or not, I operate as if that is canon.

I mean... Lana rescues you (our characters) because she figures we are the only ones, period, that can fix things.

So... yeah. If Senya can beat Vaylin, there's no doubting our characters could.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Honestly, despite the add ons already being released and the endings decided, I think it would have been great to have Vaylin as a companion, romanceable and all, with a different result for dark and light alignment. With the light alignment, you'd end up redeeming Vaylin, with dark alignment you'd end up boinking crazy. Because, let's face it, men like danger, men like crazy, men like what we can't have. And Vaylin is crazy hot (both crazy and hot and crazy hot) and I can't have her, because she's a dangerous individual. But frankly, I don't think it's fair not to give the player the option of become the Immortal Consort and being Vaylin's boytoy. I'm not into dominance and all that, but for Vaylin I'd be willing to convert.

Actually, I always thought that Vaylin should have been made available for redemption (Light Side) or subduing (Dark Side).

Come on, she is just an emotional teenager, who either needs love to be tamed (Light Side) or needs someone more powerful to show her place (Dark Side).

She could have been a much more interesting character, if you could undo (cure) her conditioning, that would make her grateful for that (Light Side) or take over her conditioning and make her a powerful ally/servant.

Actually, I always thought that Vaylin should have been made available for redemption (Light Side) or subduing (Dark Side).

Come on, she is just an emotional teenager, who either needs love to be tamed (Light Side) or needs someone more powerful to show her place (Dark Side).

She could have been a much more interesting character, if you could undo (cure) her conditioning, that would make her grateful for that (Light Side) or take over her conditioning and make her a powerful ally/servant.

It was shocking to me that we could redeem Arcann and not Vaylin. I was really hoping to be able to save her on a Consular, I knew the shielding ritual and have helped people before, I would have loved to have freed her from her conditioning.

Is she really dead.... How many tv series or movies have there been where the alleged dead person turned out to not be dead. Here we have a setting of sci fi mixed with the force so anything is possible if the force wills it.

I agree that Vaylin should be offered as a companion for both light and dark side players and both side as a romance influence if the player wants to go down that road.

She could be redeemed through love (light side) and realise that all she had missing in her life was the stability her love interest provides.

She could be force into submission through the dark side and again realise that the subjugation through her lover is has her find a point where she is not only no longer a psycho but happy.

Either way, the potential for an awesome story line and /or romance is wide open...

I'm looking forward to it...

Muwahahahaahahaha

So what is she going to do as a ghost?

In the Inquisitor storyline, force ghosts can do battle with the living. Kallig smacks hapless players all over the place.

Edited by Laiov

I think we need to start a petition. I propose to Bioware that they make an epilogue or another expansion in which we can bring Vaylin back as a companion and romance her, because gosh darn it I want psycho babies!

• 3 weeks later...