Breaking down items (Biochem)

Jedi_riches

I am just curious and I was wondering if someone could explain to my or tell me why if Armstech can breakdown weapons (minus lightsaber types), Amourtech can breakdown armours etc, why can biochem not do the same with med packs and stims since other crafting abilities can breakdown their relevant items? Edited by Jedi_riches

You actually can do it, provided you've crafted the med paks and stims yourself. You can use reverse engineer, and once it comes through, you get the blue schematic for the same item. Then you can repeat the step - craft some blue items with some help from Diplomacy skill(blue mats), and eventually get the reusable schematic.

I have reusable med units for every 8 levels, and stims for almost every class/every 16 levels, and it's a huge help for my alts.

Yeah I know you can for the ones you create yourself, but I know my crafter for armstech can break down the random green blasters you can pick up from mob kills.

That's true and Biochem can do the same with any implants, but (apparently) not with medpaks and stims.

Probably because you can buy medpacks and stims at the repair droids, - and if they were Reverse Engineer -able you could farm the mats from them - so that's why you can't.

OTOH you can farm creatures for mats and also once a reuseable item is made, any character with a high enough Bio skill can use it, since they don't bind on use/pickup.