Kinetic PVP Please Read BW

Jiminison

This is For PURE SHADOW / ASSASSIN PVP

BW Time to address us we either need better defense and more stream lined DEF Mechanic like Kinetic ward for instance this ability is annoying it needs to last longer or not exist . Give us a on demand heal since we are consulars or our old healing mechanism that works with DR or through another stance that can bypass DR but gives decent heals to counter the dr loss so we can have the choice or even a bubble which heals us like BH's have, it's awesome looking at heals in the 100K range from guardians (in WZ) while I am lucky to put out 20k in heals. It is no secret we need more damage output I am talking pure tanks not the op hybrids that were supposed to be brought into line.

THIS IS FOR PURE SHADOW TANKS

* Either improve kinetic ward (better up time ) or just scrap it

* Better heals put us in line with other tanks

* Better damage or atleast inline with the other tanks

All of these can be wrapped up high in the tree out of Hybrids way

Even if you do not agree with me Shadow PURE TANKS need better performance in PVP

I can remember waiting for our AC video before launch I had already made up my mind and BW gives it too us finally a month or two before launch while the other classes were well represented with video a year or more. My point is I feet the shadow tank seems to be last inline for everything and nobody has seen a more nerfs compared too buff than the shadow/*** tank.

Every patch I feel like I am falling behind because of all the buffs The dps and healing classes have received even trooper got a lot of attention in the last year while we just received nerfs and a slight damage boost that made no difference (was it even a full 1%).... Please stop sweeping us under the mat and my fellow shadows who want to shoot everything down I say you have helped keep us mediocre for way too long please go ruin another class or go Infl/balance and ruin those specs.

• 2 weeks later...
Try playing with DPS stats instead of tank stats. You'll be able to nearly match DPS class DPS while still piling up protection. For regs it is one of the most powerful setups you can use.

• 3 weeks later...

The key to using Kinetic Ward is not to pop it on CD. Basically, you want to have your stacks of Kinetic Ward up, then those get turned into stacks of Kinetic Bulwark. Refreshing Kinetic Ward purges the stacks of Kinetic Bulwark. So don't renew Kinetic Ward until Kinetic Bulwark is about to drop off.

Shadow Tanks are not easy mode tanks. It takes time to understand the class mechanics, and it is a very tight priority system.

Not sure if others recommend this, but I start all fights in stealth, and save my Resilience for my first Telekinetic Throw. This ensures I have my shadow protection.

What I did to get better at managing my Shadow protection is just hit a dummy and fight as long as I could to see how long I could keep Shadow Protection up. Surprisingly, in a perfect scenario, you will never lose your Shadow Protection. Now of course, in reality, this isn't the case. But the better you are at managing your procs, the better survivabilty you will have, and the more protection you will have. I am a firm believer that a shadow tank in the right hands can be just as effective as a guardian or vanguard tank.

Also, be sure you are using Battle Readiness. It's a self heal of 10% and your technique damage heals you for 15 seconds afterwards.

Edited by xMaranathax