Developer Update: Ancient Hypergate

CourtneyWoods

I can't wait to try this out. Will definitely be testing this once released to the PTS.

In the meantime, please fix the bux with my companion's HP. I usually hop off of my speeder into battle and notice my companion is killed in just a few hits. Having to pull and replace his gear constantly sucks!!!

Otherwise great job!! Keep the updates coming.

What is the location of this warzone? An unnamed Asation moon? I think the planet we can see on the screenshot is Asation due to its swampy nature.

I think we can assume it is any planet/moon once controlled by the Gree, who are sort of "squid-like" and "amphibious-looking". Moon of Asation does not make much sense, because why construct a massive power-hungry device like a hypergate on moon of planet which already has one?

any chance we can get a 'choose warzone' option with our queue?

i see a large number of people (myself probably included) who will leave a wz as soon as I realize it's not the new one, just because i'm keen to play out this new WZ...

The grass is always greener on the other side

You're right, the 'grass' is always greener in OPEN WORLD pvp

------

This 'warzone' does look cool though...for a warzone.

I wonder if someday this huge 'Sith vs. Jedi' galaxy-wide "war" will ever seem larger than a Vendor on Fleet and a mouse-click queue-button...?

AWESOME warzone!

Hope to see some class balance but thats a different topic. This warzone is freakin fun as heck. So much chaos ensues trying to grab the charges then get people the heck outta the mid room XD

Hope to see some bigger warzones soon, maybe a 12v12!

Edited by Chiltonium

Before they were saying there's not enough new content, too many promises and not enough results. And now that new content is coming out, people are complaining they should fix the bugs first... /facepalm

^ Fixed.

They HAVE made a lot of promises without result, but years of it have callused me to the fact. Now, I just write it off as typical EA and move on.

Oh yeah because a new operation, new warzone, and new dailies to grind is totally the new content we were hoping for. How about a new planet or maybe continuation of the player story?

And I'm guessing you don't know EA very well. Their usual practice is release new flashy eye-candy before fixing what they already have, but most of time their "new stuff" just breaks what WAS working or makes what's already broken even worse.

Edited by Bugattiboy

This PvP zone does look awesome but when will there be a better reason to PvP then getting armor. Give us a PvP skill tree or something to really set PvP heros apart!

You've got to be kidding...

If anything, PvP rewards should only be cosmetic. Gear progression already gives people too much of an advantage.

Edited by dalevan

^ Fixed.

They HAVE made a lot of promises without result, but years of it have callused me to the fact. Now, I just write it off as typical EA and move on.

Oh yeah because a new operation, new warzone, and new dailies to grind is totally the new content we were hoping for. How about a new planet or maybe continuation of the player story?

And I'm guessing you don't know EA very well. Their usual practice is release new flashy eye-candy before fixing what they already have, but most of time their "new stuff" just breaks what WAS working or makes what's already broken even worse.

Hey, I understand. I just find it annoying that people seem to complain about everything. From my personal experience (and this is just me) I have encountered no bugs that have hindered by gameplay - in fact I haven't really encountered any at all.

And while you can bash BioWare about making too many promises. So far they have delivered, by the end of this year they have promised, a new warzone, new operation, new daily area, new companion, new planet, and new playable species. So far they have delivered have they not? All they haven't given us that they've promised is a new planet and new playable speices, but no doubt thats in the works. And the year aint up.

Can't wait to have this new wz hit live server :jawa_smile: !

I've seen a few videos on YouTube (from PTS) and it indeed looks very promising, plus the exotic Asation/Gree like setting looks really nice.

Thanks !

Khaine's Wrath? Cannot remember if thats the area or not but same mechanic from Warhammer Online. A handful of people liked it. Blizzard poached their content from good MMO's. Don't poach from dead MMO's.

It was "Khaine's Embrace", and then it didn't have the several twists this new wz will have, with the orbs and such...

And dead or not : many of Warhammer Online battlegrounds were really really nice and fun.

Hopefully SWTOR will have variations of "Tor Anroc" or "Phoenix gates" one day too :jawa_biggrin: !!!

Edited by Shoogli