Bleh - Like to see more patience

ryansasith

The lack of appreciation for what the developers have done with this game is atrocious. Supposedly, they have spent 200 million dollars and four years developing this game, but people keep complaining that they released the game 'too early'. If you know business at all, you know there is a point in which you have to release a product before you see absolutely NO return. NOT to mention this is Bioware's first attempt at an mmo so how about we give them more than a MONTH to figure things out eh? There are a lot of bugs, issues and concerns with endgame and class balance that still need to be addressed, but that is why we get constant updates, is it not? Bioware is a great company, I am looking forward to the future of this game and inevitably what the Bioware team will do to add to the game.

-Sorry for the rant, just a little frustrated reading through the forums.

The lack of appreciation for what the developers have done with this game is atrocious. Supposedly, they have spent 200 million dollars and four years developing this game, but people keep complaining that they released the game 'too early'. If you know business at all, you know there is a point in which you have to release a product before you see absolutely NO return. NOT to mention this is Bioware's first attempt at an mmo so how about we give them more than a MONTH to figure things out eh? There are a lot of bugs, issues and concerns with endgame and class balance that still need to be addressed, but that is why we get constant updates, is it not? Bioware is a great company, I am looking forward to the future of this game and inevitably what the Bioware team will do to add to the game.

-Sorry for the rant, just a little frustrated reading through the forums.

You write so well..yet you don't use the basic common..spacing..

Where the game succeeds, it succeeds decently, and where it fails, it fails horrendously.

It just wasn't ready for deployment, and now we're all paying to finish beta testing it.

That's why people are angry. Just because it happens with other games doesn't make it right.

There are a few issues that have been addressed. Considering other games spent days down at a time to fix their bugs, I would have to say this launch has been far smoother than others. If this is playing through beta, World of Warcraft must have been in alpha when it launched.

The best part of WoW is that it punishes developers that release games too early.

The worst part of WoW is that players leave before developers have time to fix release issues.

I really wish that MMO studios would do larger, longer beta tests to be sure that the game is ready for release. I appreciate the work and money that goes into these projects. I'm just always surprised that they are not willing to put in a few more million for larger scale testing and waiting another month or two to make sure that they can get some longevity.

Generally speaking, people criticize because they care, which is a good thing. If people just disappeared without word, then BioWare wouldn't know what to think or where to start.

After all, dissent is the highest form of patriotism.