Please give us an easy mode for Class Quests

MCaliban

You can invite a friend to your instance. He can even be higher level or in HM equipment. Abuse that. That's your easy mode.

If you don't have friends to help you out... Change tactics if you have problems with such easy fights. You're doing something wrong. Use stims, upgrade your gear, choose the right companion, use CC.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

You can invite a friend to your instance. He can even be higher level or in HM equipment. Abuse that. That's your easy mode.

If you don't have friends to help you out... Change tactics if you have problems with such easy fights. You're doing something wrong. Use stims, upgrade your gear, choose the right companion, use CC.

This

If you do not interrupt abilities and you die then you have to interrupt abilities. if you try to take out mobs in a particular order and you die, you probably need to change order. If you can CC even for a short period, take advantage of that. If you have stims and medpacs use them, if you have offensive and/or defensive cooldown abilities use them. Sometimes it will take everything you have and then some to take down a boss in your class quest.

boss mobs that are level appropriate are intended to be challenging. You cannot just rush in and ROFLstomp them. If you do all of the above and you are still having trouble, google the NPC's name, I guarantee someone has had similar trouble in the past and has commented on how to beat it.

^^

Well said. I am all for having options and different settings in games, but in this case, an Easy Mode is not really necessary. Outside of the specified group necessary content, the game is designed to be soloable (with a companion). You will find instances where you indeed might needs to change tactics, companions, or gear/buffs, in order to succeed, but it can be done.

I usually play games in a manner where I am overleveled for the current content, but can still gain maximum benefit (i.e. for SWTOR, being no more than 5 levels above mobs and 6 levels for the current missions/quests). That can help you out as well - it's pretty easy to gain levels in this game with the rested bonus and space combat. Finally, as mentioned several times - if you are still having difficulty, ask for some help, there are plenty of players in this game who are willing to jump in and assist others when called upon.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

I had some issues with my last couple of fights during my Assassin story. Took a break, looked at them a different way, or swapped out companions, or tossed a foe off the geometry to instadeath, and it went much smoother.

I'm currently worried because I was reading something that made it seem like my knight will have to take T7 into my final missions. I've done nothing with T7 previously. I tank and Kira kills. *shrug* I'll see when I get there.

If there's a problem with class quests it almost always means that either you're way under levelled or your (or your companion's) gear is appalling. Actually, most of the class quests can be completed then, too, with a little more dying. Th e big thing is using the tools you're given. If you aren't paying attention to something important (ie target casting bar during a particular fight where interrupts are imperative), you'll die. Edited by errant_knight

Class quest finales are like a final exam in learning what your class can do. You need to know your abilities, your stanced if you have them, your companions etc. I often die on the first try. The second try you generally have the advantage of initiating the fight with a powerful attack, instead of being dumped straight into combat by the conclusion of the cutscene. You can bring in outside help, or you can evaluate your approach and try again. I recommend the latter - it is the better way to learn.

Class quest finales are like a final exam in learning what your class can do. You need to know your abilities, your stanced if you have them, your companions etc. I often die on the first try. The second try you generally have the advantage of initiating the fight with a powerful attack, instead of being dumped straight into combat by the conclusion of the cutscene. You can bring in outside help, or you can evaluate your approach and try again. I recommend the latter - it is the better way to learn.

Completely agree with this :)

The fight with the Sith Warrior's final boss, for example, taught me how to DPS quickly and learn how to interrupt.

Edited by Ardim

I tend to agree that it is very hard to mess up during class quests. Honestly, the only one I ever had trouble with was the final boss fight on Tatooine as a SW. The room that fight takes place in is so cramped there is no room to properly use knockback abilities to buy time to heal. Having said that, it would be kind of neat if they added a "story mode" where boos fights difficulties could be lowered to the point where you could basically skip them. A no drop penalty and nerfed quest loot for taking the option would probably keep it for creating too many balance problems. I'm just saying, they include an option to blow off tedious dialogue, an option to skip boring fights would be nice too.

and also make sure u gear is good and at your level also.i lost count how many sith juggs i seen that was higher then my lv38 and i had more hitpoints then them :eek: so in a nutshell have good gear use u skills,right companion

and a tip to help you out buy some orange gear from a social vendor n upgrade the mods it uses each time you level and that will help you alot:cool:

There's been so much useful stuff (aside from the 1 person who posted L2P - hopefully they edit that comment) that I don't have anything to say other than the class missions are tough at first if you've never played an mmo before. By the time you finish Act 1 you'll wonder how you ever found them challenging at all:)

I had some issues with my last couple of fights during my Assassin story. Took a break, looked at them a different way, or swapped out companions, or tossed a foe off the geometry to instadeath, and it went much smoother.

I'm currently worried because I was reading something that made it seem like my knight will have to take T7 into my final missions. I've done nothing with T7 previously. I tank and Kira kills. *shrug* I'll see when I get there.

As a lvl 50 jedi sentinel I can confirm that you have to bring T7 with you in the last battle of the Jedi Knight story. But you can relax because in the first room in the last building you enter in JK story there is a puzzle called Doomsday puzzle, once solved it drops good lvl 50 gear for T7 :) Actually the last battle in JK story is super easy. I had read so many threads about how difficult it was that I dressed up in full Columi gear before the last battle. After.some seconds of smash smash.smash with my Jedi.Sentinel the last boss was dead. I was just standing there and thinking what that.wasn't hard! BW I demand a new and harder challenge! So yeah don't worry about the last battle in JK story :)

We don't need a slider.

Most of the people asking for help on class quests I've run into seem to only be doing class quests.

You need to do the other ones, too. Each mission has a recommended level. One or two levels below that are doable. Five or ten (I have seen this) means you can't do it. Do some other missions, gain some xp, and go back when you are appropriately leveled.

• 1 year later...
As a lvl 50 jedi sentinel I can confirm that you have to bring T7 with you in the last battle of the Jedi Knight story. But you can relax because in the first room in the last building you enter in JK story there is a puzzle called Doomsday puzzle, once solved it drops good lvl 50 gear for T7 :) Actually the last battle in JK story is super easy. I had read so many threads about how difficult it was that I dressed up in full Columi gear before the last battle. After.some seconds of smash smash.smash with my Jedi.Sentinel the last boss was dead. I was just standing there and thinking what that.wasn't hard! BW I demand a new and harder challenge! So yeah don't worry about the last battle in JK story :)

It was, i only died once ( lvl 51 tank plus another tank, no dps doesnt mix) at least you could do dps with your sentinel i had to keep stunning him. For anybody doing this mission DONT attack any of the other cloned emperor, attack the original and let t7 take all argo first.