Nothing starwars about this game

Ucrag

The only resemblance to Star Wars in this game are the Robes & Light-sabers (That don't work properly)....Parrying blaster bolts is 1 of the first things Jedi learn and was in the Original Versions KOTOR & KOTOR.SL

Instead You guys ripoff Star Trek with made-up TELEPORTING CLASSES...Not to mention Impenetrable personal force fields....Magic Snipers that can move at super speed.....I mean what the HELL is Push-back ?? How exactly is that supposed to work ?? Given that they're NON force users and this is supposed to be set 1000s of years before the current Star Wars timeline of the movies.....Doesn't mention any of this crap in the book series either with the exception of Phase Walk....& you can't actually interact with it....It was a Jedi sending his Force Avatar back in time to observe....Not even close to a teleport the way you've got it set up in the game.....But as I said.,...RIPOFF STAR-TREK...If you don't call it teleporting, no one will notice......If you're standing beside a gun class player & you hit him with a light-saber...he should die.....Let alone if you drop a grenade on him...Apparently these guys are magical but.

Edited by Ucrag

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teleport

It's a thing outside the game. And just sending out a shockwave to push people back doesn't seen like a crazy leap in technology when you have ships that can travel faster than light, and swords of light that can cut through anything.

As for the rest, if a Jedi gets shot with a blaster, they will die too. And remember, your opponents aren't just a bunch of terrible stormtroopers and battle droids, they are elite bounty hunters and commando units that are literally trained (given the time period) to fight on even grounds with force users.

Not to mention, 1 shot 1 kill would make really boring PvP.

Remember, there are hundreds of legends books, dozens of cannon books, animated series, and dozens of video games. Nothing you mentioned hasn't been seen in some way in some medium other than this game.

Edited by LordTurin

The only resemblance to Star Wars in this game are the Robes & Light-sabers (That don't work properly)....Parrying blaster bolts is 1 of the first things Jedi learn and was in the Original Versions KOTOR & KOTOR.SL

Instead You guys ripoff Star Trek with made-up TELEPORTING CLASSES...Not to mention Impenetrable personal force fields....Magic Snipers that can move at super speed.....I mean what the HELL is Push-back ?? How exactly is that supposed to work ?? Given that they're NON force users and this is supposed to be set 1000s of years before the current Star Wars timeline of the movies.....Doesn't mention any of this crap in the book series either with the exception of Phase Walk....& you can't actually interact with it....It was a Jedi sending his Force Avatar back in time to observe....Not even close to a teleport the way you've got it set up in the game.....But as I said.,...RIPOFF STAR-TREK...If you don't call it teleporting, no one will notice......If you're standing beside a gun class player & you hit him with a light-saber...he should die.....Let alone if you drop a grenade on him...Apparently these guys are magical but.

Because THAT'S ^^^^ what's wrong with the game.....

OP has a serious case of Mad Cuz Bad.

Story and lore has absolutely nothing to do with PVP. PVP matches aren't "canon."

Furthermore who would want to play PVP as one of the muggle classes if a single Jedi Knight or Juggernaut could slice through 40 of them at once with ease, just like the movies? If PVP were set up that way the only classes in PVP would be force users.

Tl;dr: This sounds like a L2P issue. Let me guess...your Jedi got kill farmed by a Merc or Sniper. Get good and that won't happen. Also if you want story content that fits into the Star Wars universe, play the class stories. That's not what PVP is for.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

just watch snaves stream highlits (june version) on yt... he is basically explaining this in a nutshell ^^

Ah well since Disney FUBARED star wars what are you really complaining about since nothing that is currently star wars is "star wars"! All thanks to George who didn't like the fact that chewie died and decided to quash 20+ years of EU for DIsney 's Epic regurgitation of Lucas's original stories
sorry George that was a bad call I was sad chewie died but it was an epic awesome death it literally took a moon to kill chewie! Edited by Kazz_Devlin

SIR....that is correct.

Ah well since Disney FUBARED star wars what are you really complaining about since nothing that is currently star wars is "star wars"! All thanks to George who didn't like the fact that chewie died and decided to quash 20+ years of EU for DIsney 's Epic regurgitation of Lucas's original stories
sorry George that was a bad call I was sad chewie died but it was an epic awesome death it literally took a moon to kill chewie!

Actually Lucas sold because he got raked over the coals by his ex-wife. Not because of lore. Not to mention, thanks to Lucas the lore is a *********** mess. Chewie's death is just one example. I'm glad Disney's took it over and throw out most of the trash.

Of course, what Disney is doing is crap. But if Lucas had actually taken control of the lore in the first place I doubt we'd be in this mess. Oh, and made better films. His last 3 sucked big time.

And to the OP: This is a game. PVP has nothing to do with the story (in-game or otherwise). If you play the class stories, Operative, for example, it's made very clear that a force user can kill you easily. And if you want more realistic fantasy RP, buy (or better, make) a lightsaber, grab some robes and go LARP.

Edited by cagthehack

up until 5 years ago I owned 90% of the books and graphics novels that were part of the extended lore. Given this history the game is pretty close. The issue is the numbers of powerful non force users in a PVP zone. These folks exist in the universe, but not in the same ratio for this game.

This issue exist in many online games including historic one like War Thunder. The game need s to exist too, so they make changes to make the their mode work.

It is kinda like forgiving a movie for omitting facts from books to fit the media. The Republic Commandos series shows how Mercs can be so good, but we just see the in game changes along with weird balance issues.

If you are looking strictly at the fil releases, yes this game is not true to the material. The timeline this game is in comes from the Dark Horse Comics releases and previous games based on that.