Penalize People that Insta-Leave when One Bad Thing Happens

Jeeboplow

- Get in match

- Enemy gets two out of three nodes

- 1 to 3 people on your team instantly leave

- All new people that join insta-leave seeing it's an abandoned match

- Rinse and Repeat until you finish your weekly

Why are we not discouraging this habit? It's literally a habit. "Oh, this is a loss. Time to requeue."

- Get in match

Why are we not discouraging this habit? It's literally a habit. "Oh, this is a loss. Time to requeue."

Agreed. Give a 15 minute lockout as soon as you zone into the match, with time counting down from as soon as you zone in. If you finish out the match, the lockout will end, if you leave 10 minutes into the match, you'll have a 5 minute lockout, etc.

When you pvp long enough you'll understand why some people cant be bothered to try and carry (or help 2 - 3 others carry). Sometimes theres bad days or people just dont feel like it etc orr suddenly decide to switch to playing another game they find more fun.

How people spend their time when theyre paying for the privilege to queue in a wz isn't anyone elses business.

When you pvp long enough you'll understand why some people cant be bothered to try and carry (or help 2 - 3 others carry). Sometimes theres bad days or people just dont feel like it etc orr suddenly decide to switch to playing another game they find more fun.

How people spend their time when theyre paying for the privilege to queue in a wz isn't anyone elses business.

I completely understand why people leave the game, and their reasons. What they do with their personal time is of course their business...You're completely missing the point with these statements though.

Should one person dictate the enjoyment of 7 others on their team without consequence? And for those that appreciate a good/fair match you also have the 8 others on the other team whose experience is being screwed with.

You should be penalized for leaving a match, doesn't matter what the reason is. That way you're at least aware that it's a bad thing to do.

This is a pretty simple thing to support.

Edited by Jeeboplow

This is a pretty simple thing to support.

Yes I fully support it. We just need a few minor issues dealt with beforehand:

- no gear discrepancy

- no unbalanced matches (2 healers on side and none on the other etc.)

- premades will only ever face similar premades

- no trolls, cheaters, game breaking glitches etc.

- equal amount of retardedness on both sides

- no fotm classes

Once these silly little issues are removed, by all means, lets punish leavers.

Yes I fully support it. We just need a few minor issues dealt with beforehand:

- no gear discrepancy

- no unbalanced matches (2 healers on side and none on the other etc.)

- premades will only ever face similar premades

- no trolls, cheaters, game breaking glitches etc.

- equal amount of retardedness on both sides

- no fotm classes

Once these silly little issues are removed, by all means, lets punish leavers.

There are countless examples of games which seemed to be pretty lost and then got turned around into a win... by not giving up.

One of the main reason why bads will be always bad is because they never get into challenging situations and always enjoy getting carried by 4 heals and skanks. That's not a good way of getting better at PVP, surviving vs 2 or 3 people and performing to your maximum in every situations IS.

Its everyone personal choice however... I am a masochist and I love fighting impossible odds.

Its everyone personal choice however... I am a masochist and I love fighting impossible odds.

Depends on the odds for me. If the other side is running a healer / tank premade and we are getting pulverized, then no, no thanks, it is not worth my time stroking the ego of those kind of people. I will stay in a losing match if I think there is a realistic chance we can turn it around.

That being said, I do not really play regs anymore. Ranked is a much better format, despite the toxicity.

I know that a lot of people agree with your sentiment here, so I'll get a lot of flak for this if anything, but I could not disagree more.

Just because you pay a subscription should not give you some "right" to just do whatever you want in a group situation. It's a social game, and there should be some social responsibility towards the other members of any group activity you sign up for. The same as any other group activity.

Do people go out onto the field for a baseball tournament, and then if the other team gets a run first, they just walk off the field and go home? Or if they do, is it considered "ok"? I mean, they paid to be there right? Why waste time "fighting" when there is no chance.

Do people, say, sign up for a chess club, and then sit down opposite your opponent and demand to play checkers - because you really just wanted to play checkers, but all the boards were being used by the chess club.

People should not...

Go into a WZ just to work on their personal achievement goals, without a care as to what else is going on.

Go into an 8 man WZ with their ranked team, and just practice their ranked killing strategies, again without caring about the rest of the WZ.

Go into a ranked WZ and throw a match.

Go into any WZ and give up and stand in the corner doing nothing.

Go into solo ranked just for mats.

And on and on and on. There is so much "me me me" attitude in this game, it's usually what drives me to log-off. If you want it to be just about you, then go play the solo-parts of the game. There certainly seem to be plenty of them.

But yes, I know I'm heavily in the minority. Maybe a minority of one. Everyone else seems to agree that's it's perfectly fine to sign up for group activities and treat them like their own personal playground where only they matter, including bioware. So nothing will ever be done about it. Except that we'll get a post on the forums every month or so where someone says that there should be some punishment for quitters. :p

PvP long enough and you'll become a person who quits a pointless match as well.

I couldn't agree more!

After countless defeats because of badly matched teams due to:

2 or more healers on one side and no healers on your team

2/3 of your team has itemrating 190-223 AND not caring about objectives

there are several tanks in dps-gear on the oppsing team (doin' insane damage)

you know the outcame is decided.

If I was being punished for leaving those impossible matches and get a debuff for leaving, I would quit doin' pvp in general.

The solution here is not a to punish players for a bad game design by giving them a debuff, instead BW should start caring about the huge imbalance in pvp and actually start acting on it - meaning fixing it.

Edited by Lualei

Don't debuff or lockout. just place a marker on them. a badge of shame. 1 hr CD. Then let the group decide whether to vote kick them or not if they re-join. give the group the power. 1 vote + one seconded gets insta-kick. - So there are penalties for anti-social behaviour.

I've never quit unless it was an IRL emergency. - and that's been maybe twice since launch.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Don't debuff or lockout. just place a marker on them. a badge of shame. 1 hr CD. Then let the group decide whether to vote kick them or not if they re-join. give the group the power. 1 vote + one seconded gets insta-kick. - So there are penalties for anti-social behaviour.

I've never quit unless it was an IRL emergency. - and that's been maybe twice since launch.

So people either...

Give the minimum or no effort

Switch characters (including servers if the debuff is Legacy based)

Quit playing altogether so ToR is even more of a wasteland than it already is.

Brainless unimaginative people use the stick instead of the carrot. Yeah people should get penalties because Bioware is too dumb/lazy to implement decent class balance, matchmaking, etc Tonight I am running in a premade of two healers and two skanks (shame on me) and I don't blame anyone on the other side for leaving when my crew is getting 40+ kills backing them up to their spawn.

Tonight I am running in a premade of two healers and two skanks (shame on me) and I don't blame anyone on the other side for leaving when my crew is getting 40+ kills backing them up to their spawn.

I hope at the end you shook each others' hands and patted yourselves on the back for being the amazing players that you undoubtedly are.

To reiterate.

People with these complaints will become like the people they complain about after they pvp enough. it'll probably happen after their third loss, where they are losing so badly, the enemy team is camping their spawn zone and killing them as they drop in. They'll tell themselves that they should stay, but their gut feeling will be screaming at them to quit because this match is pointless and boring, and still has a way to go before its over; the gut feeling will win after a few seconds of deliberation within their own consciousness

Edited by cool-dude

- Get in match

Don't blame the players mate! This is falls entirely on the dev's and the 1.) Crappy queing system 2.) class imbalance which is also compounded because of number one!

My time is valuable and scarce so when I get to play I want a challenge NOT AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY!!

You know when the match is mostly likely a loss from the start just because of the team/class make up 4 mercs 2 snipers 1 jug 1 sorc heals mean while the team i'm on don't even have heals and you expect me to waste the little time I have on this crap fest of match?? Really WHY? Where's my incentive to stay through this bs? Triple the rewards if its a lop side fight ok maybe but not likely to happen. You want to force me to stay i.e penalize me then watch me afk and get defensive points just on the principle of being penalized because Bioware can't pull its collective head out of $#2+@. OR worse people just altogether quit playing I mean whats the $#$%#%$ point if your stuck in crap fest after crap fest for the majority of the night it's suppose to be fun not stress inducing bs.

I was on the other night and we had a match that was dam close to the wire Neck and neck. Capped a node, lost a node.... capped a node back and forth because both teams was somewhat balanced. We lost but I didn't care because for the first time in many many months IT WAS FUN! This used to be something that occurred on a regular basis now i'm lucky if I get one! So begging your pardon my time is valuable and I don't have time to waste it on peeps that have no clue what there doing, are under geared, are stacking the que with group of all same class (4 mercs, 4 snipers, 4 sorc heals etc etc) just so they get uber group. I'll bounce re-que and play the long odds I get a decent match or four before it's time to log!.

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

As long as people show up into my team with unaugmented green or blue gear, empty slots or without crystals, they are also ruining my experience of this "group content", so I will definitely leave a match if it looks like the other team knows what they are doing and mine has not even bothered to get some decent gear on. I have no obligation to stay there and get farmed when the rest of the team doesn't pull their weight. I also think it's ridicilous to even suggest that leaving a bad group or just totally unbalanced match should be penalized.

And several other already mention the other issues: FOTM classes, skank tanks and several healers on the other side, and so on. Fix pvp and people won't leave that easily. Problem solved.

You know, I've come to the conclusion that leaving games is bad. For example I could've missed this gem if I had not stayed.

https://imgur.com/8xKiNY6

I actually have no idea if you are being serious, and happy that you apparently pulled a victory out here, when the other team was way out performing you in kills. So your team must have ninja capped their pylon, or they just didn't care about the pylons?

Or if you are being sarcastic about the numbers the sniper had that you have highlighted. Or your awesome heals, vs the other guy?

Or maybe you are showing how awesomely overpowered guard is, because the other team apparently didn't have a healer, but did have a tank (or at least someone who knew how to use guard/taunt), and they were way outdoing your team in kills. Must be the guard. :p