Did you come from WoW and have you gone back?

NoTTaShoT

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW was the last MMO I played, but I stopped playing it several months before SWTOR's release, simply because I wasn't enjoying it anymore. WoW is a great game, I had a lot of fun playing it, but I won't be going back. I had my fun and I don't think I'll enjoy playing it again anytime soon.

Just curious to how many players came from WoW and have returned or how many are still playing ToR?

I myself am playing both games, I know it's crazy but I think it's ok to enjoy more than one game at a time :D

I came from WoW, had many hardcore raider friends on WoW too, but I and my friends will never be going back to WoW. SWTOR is by far the better choice.

left wow ages ago. went to rift, which I still sub to. Was going to leave swtor as its disappointing, but some RL friends convinced me to re-roll with them on a higher pop server, so trying another month. not sure I'll stick it but will have to see.

Would not go back to wow, nothing new there worth it yet, may drop in for MoP just to check it out, not sure yet.

Likely to end up back on RIFT until GW2 comes out and we see if it lives up to its promise.

Edited by Cameirus

i left wow because i was bored of it and the incoming panda epidemic...sigh

i came to swtor with expectations and was not really let down by it but i was disapointed at the lack of space combat or any space based game...don't even bother with that on rails guff.

not going back to wow as frankly it's far to mind numbing and swtor isn't really getting me interested.

for me i think they either better up their game by a lot or this will be the last mmo i ever look at, they are all just disapointing these days.

left wow ages ago. went to rift, which I still sub to. Was going to leave swtor as its disappointing, but some RL friends convinced me to re-roll with them on a higher pop server, so trying another month. not sure I'll stick it but will have to see.

I actually debated on checking out Rift? Is the leveling process a big grind or anything interesting as you go? max lvl 50?

I never stopped playing WoW, but about 10 of us tried this game.. we all continue to play WoW, but so far 1 has continued their subscription in SW:TOR. I would say that we are the playerbase. We are the community. We are the consensus. We are the everyman.. if that makes sense. We're a successful WoW guild, and like I said about 10 of us wanted to try it.. it didn't really have a lasting impact.

no more wow , i resubbed to wow like 4 months before this game launched just to get my guild mates to come over here w/ me . and i'll be playing this game for the next 3-6 months to see if all goes well. i have high hopes for swtor , but i know it can easily make the worst decisions imaginable over these next few month's , and send me back to minecraft ... Edited by badseed

I never stopped playing WoW, but about 10 of us tried this game.. we all continue to play WoW, but so far 1 has continued their subscription in SW:TOR. I would say that we are the playerbase. We are the community. We are the consensus. We are the everyman.. if that makes sense. We're a successful WoW guild, and like I said about 10 of us wanted to try it.. it didn't really have a lasting impact.

No, you are not.

I actually debated on checking out Rift? Is the leveling process a big grind or anything interesting as you go? max lvl 50?

depends. It can be a big grindy if you just quest(no more than other MMOs though). But there are zone invasions going off which breaks it up and low level pvp is probably the best in any current MMO in my opinion. Bit ofa gear fest at max level, but very good at low levels. There are exploration and puzzel rewards in zones, and they are really exploring the alternative progression paths other than raiding (which is there still and ranges from eaasy pick clearable dailr raids, to omg this is impossible hardcore raids)

Zone stories are good and varied and you can swap things about with up to 5 "specs" and lots of flexibility.

They do lots of trial weekends so check it out see if its for you. Pop dropped when swtor came out, inevitably, but has been rising back againt steadly in recent weeks.

Edited by Cameirus

I too will never play wow again GC can diaf

Wow. Issues, much?

To the OP - yeah, I've played WoW since 2006, and I still maintain an active sub. TOR is certainly taking the lion's share of my time, but I still raid casually over there. Both are enjoyable games.

Just curious to how many players came from WoW and have returned or how many are still playing ToR?

I myself am playing both games, I know it's crazy but I think it's ok to enjoy more than one game at a time :D

I'm with you OP.

I still play, and enjoy, both games.

Everyone says that they're the "everyman." The fact is that there IS no "consensus," there's a huge spectrum of preference with no single one being representative of anything close to a majority. Stop trying to universalize your own perspective.

I stopped playing WoW before Cataclysm came out since I felt the game was becoming extremely boring. I was tired of the constant raid grind with nothing to compel me to want to play. I didn't care because there was no story to make me care about my character.

Honestly they could of stealth changed all the character models in Wow to stick figures and it wouldn't have made any difference in the game play since at that point all anyone cared about was the next teir of gear. :(