PvP Issues - Jedi Guardian

Kiojik

PvP Issues from a Jedi Guardian

1. Ability input lag – Enough said there are plenty of threads on this and it affects everyone.

2. Bolster Buff – As a tank I thought I was supposed to be the one with a Ton of Health & Defense but crappy DPS. The Bolster system makes everyone have the same Health but I still have crappy DPS kind of makes being a tank pointless.

3. Crowd Control – I don’t know if I may be affected by this more than others because I’m melee and an easier target from multiple ranged classes but I get CC into the ground. I do notice there is more ranged vs. melee in WZ in general terms.

4. Break Free Ability – It seems kind of useless as I press it to break out of a stun and I’m immediately snared, rooted and stunned again.

5. CC Immunity Ability – Can’t remember what it is called but I don’t even see the bar building up over other players head anymore. Also as stated above I have been CCed through the floor and it has never kicked in for me. Did it get removed?

As a level 20 Guardian the only CC ability I have is a 50% AOE snare that costs 2 focus and has a 5m range.

It seems the ranged classes have a ton more CC effects to keep others away and I really don’t have much to keep them close to me. I will say that I don’t know much about the other classes so take that statement with a grain of salt. I just may be the victim of 5 people using 1 cc effect each on me and in turn makes me think the above.

Any Tank classes have any luck in PvP or actually feel like a tank and believe they can soak up a lot more damage than others?

Please just level up more before you complain.

We are latebloomer.

You complain about our CC abilities?

We have the best CC of all classes in this game bar none and high mobility on top.

Survivability is not completely made up of hit points you know?

Blade Blarrier absorbs 1250 Damage @50.

We can easily cap Defense in endgame.

We have oh **** buttons.

Survivability is really fine.Damage sucks, but we are awesome Disruptors.

Guardians are fine.

Was thinking about writing stuff here to help you understand why the guardian is fine in PvP, but then i figured, if you cannot discover that on your own (when its in plain view), chances are you will ignore my advice as-well.

I

I play a juggernaut and the only frustrating thing is the lag in warzones. Standing next to a guy being able to do nothing cause on the server he's 5 meters in front of me really sucks. Apart from that I'm also tanked spec and the low damage output is countered with things like taunt and extra defensive cds.

1. This has been noted by a lot people. Try changing your settings to 0, it may help.

2. As above this is based on your gear. As your gear improves the bolster buff will benifit you more.

3. As for CC, if you see you are getting nailed by more than one person wait for all of them to hit you then use your break ability. Most groups are pugs and are not actually timing CC's. If you burn it on the first one your hosed. It is all about timing. It sucks for everyone equally.

5. lots and lots and lots of people are asking for this one you are not alone.

The only other things I can say is yes our dmg sucks but were tanks we are there to protect. Remember to use your Gaurd on the ball carrier in Hutt ball if it is not you. Put it on the healers otherwise or someone else around you taking dmg. Taunt targets not attacking attacking you.

I do less dmg than the other classes but I keep people off the doors or capture points and get a ton of protection points in my warzons which always puts me near the top of the board at the end of the game. Warzones are not about kills but about winning and team work.

Hopefully I do not get shot for this statement but a lot of the WoW carryovers are still learning that last part.

The only other things I can say is yes our dmg sucks but were tanks we are there to protect. Remember to use your Gaurd on the ball carrier in Hutt ball if it is not you. Put it on the healers otherwise or someone else around you taking dmg. Taunt targets not attacking attacking you.

I do less dmg than the other classes but I keep people off the doors or capture points and get a ton of protection points in my warzons which always puts me near the top of the board at the end of the game. Warzones are not about kills but about winning and team work.

Hopefully I do not get shot for this statement but a lot of the WoW carryovers are still learning that last part.

This paragraph is money in the bank, as far as Guardians go.

There are pvp specs out there but if you're spec'd for pure tanking, you can still be successful in pvp as a supporter. Like Mindware stated, if you use GUARD and TAUNT and just try to be as disruptful as possible, you will be near the top in match rankings.

Sometimes I'll get 3-5 if not more people pounding on me, and I have a high HP count so it takes a little bit to kill me, so if I have that many people on me, how many do you think are on the ball carrier? Or bashing on the healer?

Know your role, is all I can say. If you want a high kill total, you shouldn't have made a Guardian.

If you play a Guardian, in PVP, you should BE a Guardian.

P.S. And yes, it gets much better the more you level.