Player Housing?

rynlath

Don't know if this has been post or recommended but I think it'd be cool to be able to purchase your own player compound where you can have soldiers, apprentices, etc and have other players come and can hold guild meetings and such. Or if can't be for individual players perhaps guild halls/ships something of the that line. What do you think?

It would make sense considering the plethora of empty buildings...everywhere. Even the ability to add more customization options to the ships would be a welcome addition. Unfortunately, (true) player housing is very low on the devs' priority list at the moment. Even if we did receive it, it likely wouldn't be as flexible as say EQII or CoX.

Don't know if this has been post or recommended but I think it'd be cool to be able to purchase your own player compound where you can have soldiers, apprentices, etc and have other players come and can hold guild meetings and such. Or if can't be for individual players perhaps guild halls/ships something of the that line. What do you think?

I don't so much want a house as I want the ability to make my ship even more my own. Different colors on panels. Screens that look different. Perhaps even the outside. Add a meditation room for RP sake. Houses would be cool but I'd much rather it be the ship.

I don't so much want a house as I want the ability to make my ship even more my own. Different colors on panels. Screens that look different. Perhaps even the outside. Add a meditation room for RP sake. Houses would be cool but I'd much rather it be the ship.

Agreed. Ships should be the focus, our own personal ships with customization options, and the introduction of guild ships, like they promised when the game launched.

Agreed. Ships should be the focus, our own personal ships with customization options, and the introduction of guild ships, like they promised when the game launched.

Yep. And let me shop around for new ships. Make them insanely expensive, so I have something to save for. Especially Guild Ships - they should start at 5-10 million and range up to the hundreds of millions at least for the very biggest and best.

I'm sure some people would be happy with customizable ships. I would, too, but not as an alternative for actual player housing. Ships are too small for a captain and his or her seven crew members, even if two to three of them are droids. I want a housing option on the capital world, instanced, and with no companions cluttering up the view.

Yep. And let me shop around for new ships. Make them insanely expensive, so I have something to save for. Especially Guild Ships - they should start at 5-10 million and range up to the hundreds of millions at least for the very biggest and best.

Yeah make them so expensive that only people like you who have nothing else to do but play the game can afford the time to get credits to buy it. Love players who want to keep certain items only to themselves.

No make housing and customizing accessible to everyone.

Yeah that would be awesome!

Things that also would be awesome to add to the space:

1. Free space so you can just fly around.
  2. Kill ships of the opposite faction (PvP).
  3. Multiple cannons that can be controlled by other players so you can do group missions or something like that.
  4. Fully customizable, so you can change furniture and that kind of stuff so every ship is different and that makes it unique.
  5. Huge guild ships.

All these things could be really expensive so that would be a new great money sink that will almost last forever. And off course people can show off ^^ posting pictures of their ships on the forums.

Personally I would love to see ship customization brought to a new level. Let us add/remove furniture to make it our own.

Also, guild ships sounds like a brilliant idea. Something about 10x the size of a personal ship with a much grander feel to it. Either that, or for every 20 members in a guild a floor/room added

During initial concepts and early Beta players where going to have instanced appartments on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. But it didn''t make the cut and the ships became our homes.

Yeah make them so expensive that only people like you who have nothing else to do but play the game can afford the time to get credits to buy it. Love players who want to keep certain items only to themselves.

No make housing and customizing accessible to everyone.

No, just expensive enough that it becomes an end-game market - because we really need something to do at end-game. Making it cheap enough for lower level characters would mean it becomes easy to buy and fit out your ideal ship at 50, leading to: "Well... that's my ship done. What now?"

And large guild ships should definitely be expensive, so that guilds genuinely have to pool their credits to afford one. The best guild ships should be so expensive that they are status symbols for the best guilds.

I'm not in a big guild - I'm in a casual guild. I'm a casual player. I'm just smart enough to recognize that you have to provide content for the core playerbase as well as the casuals. The storylines are perfect for players like me that love playing for an hour or two in the evenings, and longer on the weekends. But for players who dedicate significant amounts of time to the game... well they really don't have much other than the same Ops runs again and again, or playing their 1000th game of Huttball. They need something more substantial, that gives them a goal to work towards. Saving up for and customizing the best ships would be a great start.

Edited by -Silver-

yes as long as does not go the way of starwars galaxyies where you run into random cities

Why not? Player driven and created cities made that game great and built community. It gave a lot of people a reason to play.

More personalized ships would be great but how many other people would actually see them? I think player cities and housing would make a bigger impact overall.

3. Multiple cannons that can be controlled by other players so you can do group missions or something like that.
  4. Fully customizable, so you can change furniture and that kind of stuff so every ship is different and that makes it unique.
  5. Huge guild ships.

All these things could be really expensive so that would be a new great money sink that will almost last forever. And off course people can show off ^^ posting pictures of their ships on the forums.

Please let htis happen. If you really wanted to go all out you could add daily quests as part of the ships, general maintainance stuff (not forced to do them in anyway though or people will cry). Seriously, shut up and take my money if you do this.

Edited by Rocksors

SWTOR's world is too small to allow player house. There will be a lot of QQs that players can't find land or the location them like to build their house. (As EX-UO and SWG player I know it all too well.)

Well seeing as the game has instanced areas you are wrong about that. They could easily make a building not being used into an instanced home. If you wanted to invite people in you send them an invite just like in STO. No one can get onto your ship unless you allow it.

While I enjoyed the housing model of SWG, that clearly isn't possible with this game engine.

What they've indicated is a certain level of customization with one's ships (colours, etc.) and the addition of guild ships. I'm not sure that is quite enough given that many of the ships in orbit around fleet are completely empty (why bother going to your "guild ship" if there is nothing to do there).

What this game is clearly lacking is an ability to customize your experience. I literally see multiple people of the same gender, race, class, subclass, armour, and even bloody haircut running around at advanced levels. It sort of bursts the immersion bubble right there. Even if they allowed enhanced ability to colourize existing armour that would be a step in the right direction.

- Arcada

When I saw the Cartel Coins paired with a F2P model, player housing was the first thing that came to mind. As of now, the stuff on the market for cartel coins is maybe attractive to a F2Per, but *meh* for a subscriber. But I'm a sucker for some shiny new furniture for my ship/house, which could be bought exclusively through cartel coins. I'm sure many people feel the same way, and if BioWare really wants to rake in the cash, that's the kind of stuff they should put on the cartel market.

One thing that would be pretty cool for guild ships/stations is if they let you build it yourself.

You'd buy a core and then select a component you'd like to add or upgrade. Grant all subscribed guild members a 4th crew skill to work on the station and a few relevent items to craft against - eg work on weapons, work on shields, work on an additional interior space type to add a medbay, crew quarters, bridge upgrade, elevator, ongoing maintenance, whatever.

When enough crew skills have been ran against that particular component - perhaps visible as a sort of exp bar at the guild bank, the area becomes unlocked and accessible. The quarters could act as a sort of character housing and the public areas could be decorated by holostatues and memorabilia of guild achievements like clearing ops with all guild members.

You could do things like create a guild vs guild scenario where the objective is to access critical data, kill a specific guild member, whatever, held by an opposing faction's guild vs defend your station/teammate from boarders.

The more internal defenses you build up, the harder it is to get past those encounters and with the mixture of pve vs pvp it'd be some interesting fights.

Add in individual ship bays and the guild ship or station could act as a carrier and hook for pvp and pve space battles in a multiplayer format.

Make external defenses customizable and add internal weapons stations coupled with the above group pve and you have a capital ship plus fighter support you could get into some REALLY intriguing space combat with.

This has the potential to be a huge addition and goes along the lines of what I'm hoping the space project thing really is.

5. Huge guild ships.

Bingo!