Why u no Teamwork?

Iceian

Working as part of a team is itself a skill. And it is learned only through practice. I really think the biggest problem with this game is that there is just way too much solo content on the starter planets. There is kind of a LFG explosion in general chat as you move through the first 4 planets or so, as new players gradually find their nerve. I think before that a lot of players are simply skipping all the Heroics. People who are leveling alts are a lot more outgoing. And they're usually a lot less selfish, because they know the gear drops are mostly worthless, and credits are easily farmed with their main.

If I'm running with players who seem to be new- I just pass on all the drops (barring something like orange bracers). But as a rule, they start being a lot more friendly. Most people with alts just hit "greed" on everything, without even reading the stats.

Probably the most difficult thing to get past in this game at level 50, is that there isn't a right way to play the game, different play styles are possible, and they arn't necessarily compatible. Most people prefer a faster pace through HMs than I do, for example. I prefer a technical approach, and not so much flying into the fray without thinking. It's not that they're playing the game wrong, or that I'm playing it wrong. But I've been cussed for leaving a group when I discovered that I didn't fit their style of play. Even though I spared them the unhappy experience of my not living up to their expections.

The LFG tool as it sits is kind of useless, because the comments section is cut off, and can't be read without a mouseover. And whether they realize it or not, everyone who bought this game, is LFG all the time. But no one wants to have a bad group experience. What this game really needs is a rep column in the /who list. Where players set a play style for themselves (Fast, Med, Slow). You can almost set this by how a person feels about the use of CC. And another column to display "average player satisfaction". The idea is that players get the option to rate (maybe a scale of +/-1-3) unfriended players after grouping with them for longer than 5 minutes. Maybe it should be a part of the mission rewards tab, instead of the option to friend a player. This will give jerks the incentive to play well with others. -3 & +3 would be the highest and lowest rating possible, and the more votes involved, the harder it would get for the score to be changed. This would insure that 50's wouldn't have to worry about their rep being destroyed by a few bad ratings from bad apples. And 50's who were jerks they whole way through, will have to do a lot of nice things to repair their rep. This gives experienced players a reason to PUG with newer players. It will also give everyone, including guilds, the information they need to avoid having a bad experience. And most importantly it helps people seek out compatible players.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I speak for my own experience I can not speak for other people. I bought the game the more I came across a problem there are no servers in my native language I speak and read English without difficulty but not write so well by this fact during the game I end up with the most common response (yes, no, sorry amd LFG .....)

sorry for my english

Edited by HellAsura

I speak for my own experience I can not speak for other people. I bought the game the more I came across a problem there are no servers in my native language I speak and read English without difficulty but not write so well by this fact during the game I end up with the most common response (yes, no, sorry amd LFG .....)

sorry for my english

Yeah, in some groups you have to react very fast, not all players have servers in native tongue and they have to think for a while to get their sentences somewhat right. It would be nice if more players would consider that too when doing quests in a group.

Same goes with NPC conversations it is sometimes annoying that reaction time limit in group conversation is so fast especially if NPC:s don't speak English (even with subtitles it gets hard if NPC squeals like a pig). It would be nice if group conversation time limit would be raised by few seconds.

My reason is that everyone is in some kind of rush. It's stressful to always have to be chasing after people who won't stop to let you breath.

Similar boat here. Just started playing with my paid subscription this past week and it seems like the ones who have grouped with me are on their nth playthrough already, and are farming or otherwise looking to get through it as quickly as possible. I'll know better now what questions to ask when requesting for groups, but I suspect that my pool of takers is going to shrink quite a bit.

I am (almost) always grouped. However, I only group with my friends/guildmates (same thing in my case) and never pug.

That said, I also have general chat, /say, /yell, /emote, etc. turned off on my chat tab. Only group/guild/operation is enabled.

Edited by Phaedrynn

Why the **** doesn't anyone like teaming up in this game? I come from a fairly populated server (The Shadowlands) and it seems that out of the 20 to 25 people on any given planet I'm on I am the only one with an LFG message.

So the question stands. WHY U NO TEAMWORK SWTOR? :confused:

Because the server is on single player mode..... I'm on that server too.....

Srsly tho, 20-25 players is a joke. Chances are they are all running missions to level and complete their class chapters; of which all can be soloed (hints why I said single player mode).

If you flip the spectrum and made content where you had to group in order to progress is some areas more people would be grouping, but then people will be crying about the need to group to progress. It's a double edged sword.... The best way to deal with it is to grab the sword by the flat sides with the tips of your fingers; while exercising extreme caution not to get cut....