Warzone Comms Consumable

thamightyboro

No, just... no :rolleyes: that is essentially Pay2Win, those that don't pay, don't get as many comms, thus gear up slower. I'm sure if this was put in-game, there'd be riots on the fleet.

Thats not really the case though.

Jonny McNopay might have 9 hrs a day to play compared to my 2hrs he actually gets his gear at a 4.5 x faster rate than I do sure hes putting in more time pr day but he could have his full set in 1 month that would take me 4.5 months.

I'm not saying triple them merely a 50% increase even a good win would only net 180 that in no way is pay to win It would simply bring that 4.5 month down to 3 month.

It's not as if I'm asking for a 500 comm purchaseable although I would buy those as well but that is indeed pay2win.

Next patch it will be all to easy to gear up

I would also like to see other ways To aquire pvp gear somthing similar to wows wintergrasp giving the victors access to a pve boss fight that drops top tear pvp and pve loot essentially giving players a chance each week a looting a pice of gear

even in the current system it's easy to gear I hit 50 three weeks ago on my vanguard And Already have 8 pieces of war hero just from running ranked every night avg about 5 games And losing most of them

Edited by denpic

Thats not really the case though.

Jonny McNopay might have 9 hrs a day to play compared to my 2hrs he actually gets his gear at a 4.5 x faster rate than I do sure hes putting in more time pr day but he could have his full set in 1 month that would take me 4.5 months.

I'm not saying triple them merely a 50% increase even a good win would only net 180 that in no way is pay to win It would simply bring that 4.5 month down to 3 month.

It's not as if I'm asking for a 500 comm purchaseable although I would buy those as well but that is indeed pay2win.

more time playing = more time developing your character.

you are asking to basically pay to expedite the rate at which you acquire gear.

and this is a moot discussion anyways, as 1.6 will allow you to get WH gear in a week of casual play

yep exactly what I'm asking, there's a time a few year back I would have been yelling P2W myself about the suggestion as I had the 8 hrs a day. Family job bla bla bla all impact on that time and at the end of the day its the casual guy with disposable income that is going to keep this game afloat its not game breaking and it earns BW some pennies.

You still have to win matches to get a better yield, heck it gives more incentive to win so we might even see less of the 1 cap goes against you lets all go sit at def **** that is presently ruining pvp a great deal of the time.

Well 2 weeks for WH with a further few months for EWH

Edited by thamightyboro

I think it would be fine. I don't support gear grind anyway, it's hardly "paying2win" when he just gets the same level gear as a guy who has 10 hours of game time. Paying to win is when he would get better gear, not equal gear.

People should not be penalized for being hard workers they should be encouraged becacause instead of sitting in front of an xBox all day they drive the economy.

I mean if you have 10 hours of game time and feel insecure about other peoples' ability to spend money on their recreational activities then maybe you should do something about your occupational situation. If you were to make $50 an hour, wouldn't you rather spend that time working, especially when you have family.

yep exactly what I'm asking, there's a time a few year back I would have been yelling P2W myself about the suggestion as I had the 8 hrs a day. Family job bla bla bla all impact on that time and at the end of the day its the casual guy with disposable income that is going to keep this game afloat its not game breaking and it earns BW some pennies.

You still have to win matches to get a better yield, heck it gives more incentive to win so we might even see less of the 1 cap goes against you lets all go sit at def **** that is presently ruining pvp a great deal of the time.

Well 2 weeks for WH with a further few months for EWH

so asking for bioware to cater to you because you cant play as much as other people does not justify the request.

it takes 3-5 days ofcasual play (1-2 hours a night) to get enough comms for a full BM set/eventually WH set

and EWH is ~3% of a boost over WH. which is roughly the same as the original gap between BM and Champion gear. back at launch, someone in Champion gear was easily able to compete with BM geared opponents.

you get what you put back into it.

so asking for bioware to cater to you because you cant play as much as other people does not justify the request.

it takes 3-5 days ofcasual play (1-2 hours a night) to get enough comms for a full BM set/eventually WH set

and EWH is ~3% of a boost over WH. which is roughly the same as the original gap between BM and Champion gear. back at launch, someone in Champion gear was easily able to compete with BM geared opponents.

you get what you put back into it.

Do tell me how exactly it takes 5 days at 1-2 hrs a night so say 10 hrs for a full BM set.

7 armour pieces, main and off, relics, implant, ear not in game at moment and not geeky enough to know the costs off top of my head call it 800 average so 14 x 800 = 11200

lets say if instant popping you can get through 4 warzones an hour if quick wins pulling around 150 comms for the win 600 per hour best case scenario = 18 hrs or so. Now the other end of the spectrum and getting facerolled every match with only 3 warzones an hour a faceroll can be as low as 60 so 180 an hour so 62 hours.

Anywhoo it's one of those where there is no grey area your either for or against it, i think gear progression is the stupidest thing ever introduced to MMO's and nothing will ever change that opinion a mechanic for the console generation of carrot dangling idiots who can't just play games for fun.

You can also say you get what you put into it cash wise and I'm sure a users cash is more important to BW than some benefit dwellers time.

Edited by thamightyboro