Star Wars: Battlefront beta

Kelaso

I keep dying. :/ There's also the issue of joining with your friends in games, you also aren't on the same team or don't join at the same time if you're at the menu. So then what's the point of the party?

Some weapons are stupid, by that I mean doing too much damage or too little damage for what they are.

I'd probably enjoy it more if I didn't die all the fracking time. << But I guess I just gotta play more.

I'd probably enjoy it more if I didn't die all the fracking time. << But I guess I just gotta play more.

If you think you like it. go ahead, otherwise don't waste time. I recall feeling something similar in battlefield hardline beta. Insanely unbalanced guns and cheaters-infested since beta day 1, played some hours and went back to battlefield 4, never regretted :)

It is fun for a while. The sound effects are fantastic and graphics top-notch (high on GTX 960 1080p@60fps). It gets repetitive real fast, I've been playing drop zone and walker modes for about 5 hours so far and I'm getting pretty bored. Flight controls are awful, but ground vehicle controls are pretty good. So much potential wasted not having a single-player campaign.

TLDR: not bad, not great. If you love PVP you will like this a lot. Otherwise wait for a sale, if it ever comes, not worth full-price in my opinion.

If you think you like it. go ahead, otherwise don't waste time. I recall feeling something similar in battlefield hardline beta. Insanely unbalanced guns and cheaters-infested since beta day 1, played some hours and went back to battlefield 4, never regretted :)

I like it, but it's just....I have a hard time hitting targets(despite playing various shooters) and getting blind sided frequently.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I like it, but it's just....I have a hard time hitting targets(despite playing various shooters) and getting blind sided frequently.

I haven't had a chance to put much time into the beta yet, but I've read that it helps if you go into 3rd person (wider frame of view) and don't use iron sights unless your targets at a distance (the aim assist while shooting from the hip is quite generous).

I haven't had a chance to put much time into the beta yet, but I've read that it helps if you go into 3rd person (wider frame of view) and don't use iron sights unless your targets at a distance (the aim assist while shooting from the hip is quite generous).

Well it's more long range shooting I have difficulties with, yet they seem to have no issue hitting me. Hmm...perhaps i'll try the 3rd person. Although up close is a pain too, I think I might panic a little, thinking I won't hit the target right and end up missing a lot.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well it's more long range shooting I have difficulties with, yet they seem to have no issue hitting me. Hmm...perhaps i'll try the 3rd person. Although up close is a pain too, I think I might panic a little, thinking I won't hit the target right and end up missing a lot.

If you're getting hit from long range they are probably using a rifle with a scope instead of normal iron sights.

Somehow some matches I've been in the Empire won all the time. Then again I am having fun with it. Though I think it is because not many know how too use the snowspeeders tow cable. I tried too do it but crashed. Though flight controls I've gotten used to somehow. Reminded me of few other flight games I played on other consoles.

I am disappointed that there is no Single Player Campaign, like there was on Battlefront 2, 'our surveys say that majority of players don't want a single player campaign' yeah, right....likely just wanted to skimp on the cost....lazy sods.

I'd say they are taking battlefield survey data and applying it to battlefront as battlefield is a game that doesn't need a campaign. Battlefront on the other hand is a star wars game and like any star wars game needs to be story driven.

They had the perfect opportunity to add some sort of story to the co-op missions however judging on the tatooine one they haven't even tried to bar a little cut scene at the start which is there more just to show off graphics rather thaan explain why you are there.

I keep dying. :/ There's also the issue of joining with your friends in games, you also aren't on the same team or don't join at the same time if you're at the menu. So then what's the point of the party?

Some weapons are stupid, by that I mean doing too much damage or too little damage for what they are.

You are not alone mate - I am continually on the bottom of the leader board with maybe one or two kills. I think I died in one match when a nervous opponent farted kinda close to me and I got caught in the blast. :rolleyes:

Like the original game it is kinda fun to play but becomes samey very quickly. Prior to beta I was thinking I'd definitely sign up early and get the battle of Jakku now I think I will wait for 6 months and see if it reduces in price....I can get my PVP kicks here in SWTOR just as well if not better.

I am disappointed that there is no Single Player Campaign, like there was on Battlefront 2, 'our surveys say that majority of players don't want a single player campaign' yeah, right....likely just wanted to skimp on the cost....lazy sods.

They seriously said that? The lack of a campaign is one of the most common reasons I hear people saying for why they won't buy this. Another large reason is the lack of prequel content. The star wars fans who like the OT is a minority. They bet on the wrong horse, this game is going to crash hard.