Bioware really really have trouble, don't they....

PacifismActivist

Every single time there's a patch, my bookmarked links to the forums do not work. If I navigate to them from swtor.com the normal way, and click bastion, it gives me a "closed for maintenance page," yet if I look at the latest post on a thread link right under, it's obvious the forums work for some users since they are posing.

I somehow found this link in my history "http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=385&order=desc" and it works on both my computers, but what kind of horrible programmer closes the forum link on the website and doens't fix it?? Anyone else have this problem or does bioware just hate me?

Also, solo queues only pop during a 2 hour period where there are enough people (I think the game only pops ranked if theres at least 2 + games to pop at once AKA 16 players in queue and not just 8), so people like me who are sick of regs and just wanna do arenas can't....How the hell can you implement a new form of PvP that has literally nothing to do with the many toons we leveled for days on end, and not have some kind of server merger or cross server pops to make up for the fact that, before the stupid space shenanigans, the pops were already quite slow.........? How, HOW I ASK.... Everyone predicted this, it came as no surprise, I still sit in solo queue and watch movies with the pop in the corner of my screen, HOPING I can play some arenas, but alas, I think I got 3 pops on my sorc yesterday, had horrid pugs, went over to pub side and didn't get a single one.

I guess the purpose of my message is stop playing space pvp you scrubs and come do arenas <3 thanks

I also have this problem when a new patch is released. It's very annoying.

Also, once I can get a few more pieces of gear for my scoundrel, I will be queuing solo rank. So that adds 1 more person.

Too bad there won't be cross-server pvp. Or another server merge anytime soon. :(

I get the same forum refresh issue (Vista/Chrome), but all I do is highlight the address in the address bar and hit enter, it seems to force a reload and not just use what was in the cache.

holy **** very cool trick, I consider myself techsavy yet I never did this and instead kept spamming the book mark or the manual refresh button lol, it works for me too!

Still, ghetto though.

holy **** very cool trick, I consider myself techsavy yet I never did this and instead kept spamming the book mark or the manual refresh button lol, it works for me too!

Still, ghetto though.

Not denying that it's ghetto, I found it just after trying the usual refresh methods and before clearing my cookies/cache and rebooting a few patches ago. Also, sometimes Chrome saves the "not available, check Twitter' page image as my thumbnail for a few days, even after I've "fixed" the problem. It may be a Chome-only issue, but it hasn't persisted long enough for me to try slower browsers.

Chrome caches the page if you go to it when they are in maintenance mode if you refresh the page with F5 or the icon it will reload it and blow out the cached page. It happens mostly to me in my iPhone using chrome. It's a minor annoyounce and it's not something BW should give 2 ***** about tbh.

Chrome caches the page if you go to it when they are in maintenance mode if you refresh the page with F5 or the icon it will reload it and blow out the cached page. It happens mostly to me in my iPhone using chrome. It's a minor annoyounce and it's not something BW should give 2 ***** about tbh.

No, F5 doesn't work and neither does opening a new window and clicking on the thumbnail (or using a bookmark). That said, I haven't tested other browsers, so I haven't determined whether or not it is a BW or browser issue. But since Chrome is so much faster than other browsers and I know how to work around the issue, I haven't been motivated enough to pinpoint the root cause.

No, F5 doesn't work and neither does opening a new window and clicking on the thumbnail (or using a bookmark). That said, I haven't tested other browsers, so I haven't determined whether or not it is a BW or browser issue. But since Chrome is so much faster than other browsers and I know how to work around the issue, I haven't been motivated enough to pinpoint the root cause.

^ the thing is I have chrome on my PC but I am 100% sure I didn't check the forums on it until the afternoon later after the patch was out, and it would still give me the same maintenance message... anyways, thanks for the fix

FYI, I suspect that clearing cookies or actually logging out of the forums and then logging back in would also work-- I'm pretty sure I have to log back in after "manually refreshing the cache.

Since I like problem solving, I'll probably play with this more next downtime.

Edited by eartharioch