Darth Marr. (Spoilers)

Warcrarian

So I was thinking, we all know that Marr is the leader of the Empire since we don't know what happend to the Emperor, and he also knows very well that the fights between siths will make the Empire very weak but he still doesn't do anything about it. Of course we won in Makeb and he now has a plan but why does he wait till we are almost defeated to do something?

Just a few tried to do somenthing for the Empire (Darth Angral and Lord Vivicar for example even if they have reasons still they fight jedi not other sith) .

In my opinion Darth Marr is such a great character but at this point I feel that he needs to do a lot more in this war, imagine a battle between Satele Shan and Marr...

Just my opinion by the way, what do you guys think about Darh Marr and his role at this time?

So I was thinking, we all know that Marr is the leader of the Empire since we don't know what happend to the Emperor, and he also knows very well that the fights between siths will make the Empire very weak but he still doesn't do anything about it. Of course we won in Makeb and he now has a plan but why does he wait till we are almost defeated to do something?

Some of us actually do. And Marr didn't exactly wait for the Empire to be defeated in order to do something, since last time I checked, the discovery of isotope-5 was fairly recent and we still don't know how exactly he plans to use it.

Just a few tried to do somenthing for the Empire (Darth Angral and Lord Vivicar for example even if they have reasons still they fight jedi not other sith) .

Vivicar wasn't affiliated with the Empire and Angral was a loose cannon, who got disavowed by his superiors, after the loss of his son Tarnis. Neither one of them apply, as an example.

In my opinion Darth Marr is such a great character but at this point I feel that he needs to do a lot more in this war, imagine a battle between Satele Shan and Marr...

Would be pointless, since both characters are old warhorses and Bioware went out of their way to establish a rivalry between Malgus and Satele, from way back.

Just my opinion by the way, what do you guys think about Darh Marr and his role at this time?

The voice actor does all the work. His performance is too awesome for me to pay attention beyond that. ;)

- - - -

"Interes-tinngggg."

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Don't worry my friend. The Emperor knows better than any of us what must be done. If he doesn't speak to the Council, he has a reason for that. I think Darth Marr does understand this right, that our job now is to play things smart and let the Republic exhaust themselves by attacking. That until the Emperor decides to step in and lead the major counterstrike. Edited by zzoorrzz

Darth Marr is by far my favorite Sith Lord . He is one of the few sith lord's who stay calm and try to be reasonable. If it weren't for his passion for war then I'm sure Marr could have secured peace between the Empire and the Republic.

He is also one of the few Sith who are pro alien which is awesome.

I actually totally ship Darth Marr with Satele Shan. :cool:

Darth Marr is by far my favorite Sith Lord . He is one of the few sith lord's who stay calm and try to be reasonable. If it weren't for his passion for war then I'm sure Marr could have secured peace between the Empire and the Republic.

He is also one of the few Sith who are pro alien which is awesome.

I actually totally ship Darth Marr with Satele Shan. :cool:

Where did the idea of Marr being pro alien come from? I didnt notice that from what Ive seen.

btw. I dont think hes that passionate about war in the moment. The problem is the Republic doesnt seem to be much into making peace right now.

Edited by zzoorrzz

Marr's great because he is smart. You don't actually know what he is thinking. Does he hate aliens? Is he looking out for his own interests? Is he preparing a major power play? Who knows, but he definitely knows that the Empire will collapse if things don't change, Malgus' coup being the evidence to that, which will ruin everything for either him or the Sith Order and Sith Empire.

Marr's great because he is smart. You don't actually know what he is thinking. Does he hate aliens? Is he looking out for his own interests? Is he preparing a major power play? Who knows, but he definitely knows that the Empire will collapse if things don't change, Malgus' coup being the evidence to that, which will ruin everything for either him or the Sith Order and Sith Empire.

He could very well just lie to player character and steal isotope-5 for himself, kinda like Malgus did with Foundry and stealth armada. I just hope that wont be the case. Definitely it would be a way for devs to screw us again.

btw. I dont think hes that passionate about war in the moment.

Marr is more concerned about the in-fighting of his peers. Because of all the stupid stuff his colleagues and fellow Sith are doing, the Republic is almost literally about to kick in their front door to deal the killing blow.

Marr is all about strife, but he wants the Empire to stand united against a common foe and "reforge the Empire in the flames of battle". His codex entry suggests that he is in fact dying because of his usage of the Dark Side over the last decades, and his top priority because of that is to keep the Empire alive and see to it that it can continue to survive without his further intervention. He is somewhat like Malgus, in the sense that he is aware of the Empire's shortcomings and wants everyone to keep their sh*t together and stop fighting amongst themselves while the Republic still fights on. That is, I believe, also the reason why Marr is so popular amongst the citizens of the Empire.

Marr is more concerned about the in-fighting of his peers. Because of all the stupid stuff his colleagues and fellow Sith are doing, the Republic is almost literally about to kick in their front door to deal the killing blow.

Marr is all about strife, but he wants the Empire to stand united against a common foe and "reforge the Empire in the flames of battle". His codex entry suggests that he is in fact dying because of his usage of the Dark Side over the last decades, and his top priority because of that is to keep the Empire alive and see to it that it can continue to survive without his further intervention. He is somewhat like Malgus, in the sense that he is aware of the Empire's shortcomings and wants everyone to keep their sh*t together and stop fighting amongst themselves while the Republic still fights on. That is, I believe, also the reason why Marr is so popular amongst the citizens of the Empire.

And if he knew that fights between sith will make the Empire this weak why didnt do anything to stop them? I mean I just go and told them that fight each other once the Republic is destroyed or somenthing like that...

And if he knew that fights between sith will make the Empire this weak why didnt do anything to stop them? I mean I just go and told them that fight each other once the Republic is destroyed or somenthing like that...

Why isn't Obama telling the Republican party to shut up and work together to save America? That's why.

Where did the idea of Marr being pro alien come from? I didnt notice that from what Ive seen.

btw. I dont think hes that passionate about war in the moment. The problem is the Republic doesnt seem to be much into making peace right now.

Read the Annihilation novel.

I believe some of the ROTHC content suggests that he agreed with Malgus' stand on letting a more pro alien society thrive since clearly what they're doing prior hasn't been working.

He was one of the few sith lord who pushed for the idea of letting aliens into the imperial military.

I admit that I haven't played Makeb yet so I don't know how he is throughout the story.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Reavern

Having aliens as part of the imperial military or even Sith Lords is not exactly unseen or unheard, which is why the Red Reaper incident surrounding Darth Ikoral happened. Allowing an alien to become a member of the Dark Council is a different thing altogether though...

Again, people should take a look at the Annihilation novel, which came out long before Makeb, assuming they have an interest in Marr as a character.

Marr is behind the reforms allowing aliens to take up arms for the empire, and has pushed for non-human sith to be given dark council seats. he's not exactly a sappy pro alien type but rather it's more a pratical "we need these people supporting us"

Marr is behind the reforms allowing aliens to take up arms for the empire, and has pushed for non-human sith to be given dark council seats. he's not exactly a sappy pro alien type but rather it's more a pratical "we need these people supporting us"

Thx for clarification. That's a good idea I suppose. In the current situation we can't really afford to be picky about our servants. Any ideas who that new high ranked alien Sith might be?

What storyline does Darth Marr play a big part in? I just completed the Inquisitor line and I'm pretty sure that, aside from Warzones, I didn't find out who he was until Makeb.

He sadly doesn't appear at all any class story except for the endings of the Sith Inquisitor and Sith Warrior. I was pleasantly surprised when they brought him back in Makeb.

Edited by Reavern

He sadly doesn't appear at all any class story except for the endings of the Sith Inquisitor and Sith Warrior. I was pleasantly surprised when they brought him back in Makeb.

As in, when we're dueling in the Dark Council? I don't really remember him on Corellia.

He also stands in the war council room on Ilum (those quests before Malgus FPs) but he doesn't participate in the dialogues, which is interesting.

He also stands in the war council room on Ilum (those quests before Malgus FPs) but he doesn't participate in the dialogues, which is interesting.

I find it far more puzzling to be honest.

Feels like his addition to said War Council was a afterthought and nothing more, which could explain why there are several more interesting characters there, to each storyline, that don't utter a single word. I mean, seriously...

How the hell does Marr turns to Ravage, a fellow council member, and tells him to shut up on separate occasions and then afterward on Illum allows him, being the hothead Ravage is, to represent the Dark Council in a matter as sensible as one the surrounding Malgus?

:rolleyes::confused:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Personally I love marr, his desire to bring aliens into the empire and to stop the sith infighting is a welcoming and refreshing change from other sith do far.

At the moment though if darth marr does get assassinated/killed, the empire loses. momentarily marr controls all the military seats on the dark council. He is the closest thing the empire has to a single leader/emperor, he goes, the empire is fully and completely done.

Although I am still worried what he plans to do with the isotope 5, and if he makes a power play (which I pray he doesn't) with it the empire is lost

Personally I love marr, his desire to bring aliens into the empire and to stop the sith infighting is a welcoming and refreshing change from other sith do far.

At the moment though if darth marr does get assassinated/killed, the empire loses. momentarily marr controls all the military seats on the dark council. He is the closest thing the empire has to a single leader/emperor, he goes, the empire is fully and completely done.

Although I am still worried what he plans to do with the isotope 5, and if he makes a power play (which I pray he doesn't) with it the empire is lost

I truly believe that Marr loves the Empire, I really dont think he makes a "power play" white the isotope 5. Those pubs will taste his power cause they are too overconfident about winning the war soon.