New class suggestions

TheRealFluffy

Good day folks.

I've just been discussing possible new class ideas with Narzul (Harbinger), and he had the idea of a rakghoul class. Something along the lines of a marauder. Mods and such would be mutations. Perhaps glowing claws. Story could be something along the lines of a normal person gets infected, starts losing individuality as he becomes part of an animalistic hive mind or something, eventually works toward winning his/her individuality/humanity.

My idea: a base class that splits into two advanced classes, those being a beast handler and a droid handler/engineer. This would of course be expensive, as in addition to gearing up companions, one would have to gear up beasts/droids. But could be heaps of fun.

Other idea: shapechanger sort of guy. Tank and DPS advanced classes. Turning into those Voss Vorantikus beasts would be awesome.

Edited by TheRealFluffy

Rakghoul class:

:rak_01::rak_04::rak_02::rak_03:

The Skill tree's for the Rakghoul could be based around a bleeding/infection tree that steals life and increases attack speeds etc.

the other tree could involve a tankier tree that mutates the Rakghoul player into a kind of bulwark like you see in KuS or Li.

and the third can be one that allows the Rakghoul player to impliment aura's or buffs to other people whilst still dealing raw base damage and having a kind of ranged attack spitting acid or shooting spines.

for armour/gear etc a new introduction of mutations and biological morphs can be implemented still modable etc. but not armor as this class would be armorless.

and in terms of faction. it would be a faction neutral class until early on (around lvl 10) some sort of intelligence is gained from remembering your life before you became a Rakghoul. and you actually gain the ability to communicate and in turn either convince the Hive Mind-esk creature controlling you and your fellow Rakghouls that an allegiance with ______ would allow them a benefit to prosper and evolve, and have a twist that could see a realization at the end of the story that our character wants to be free and comes to terms with his mutation and the strive for a "simple unencumbered life".

any more opinions and ideas from others would be great :rak_03:

-Narz

a droid class of some kind might be interesting if BioWEAr ever decided to introduce a buff/debuff class. a load of tech abilities for teams like energy shields, disrupting enemies targeting, etc.

might be quick poor at soloing though, unless they went with a battle droid type, but I'm thinking more along the lines of an Astromech or Protocol droid (probably with the alternate as their first companion)

I ve suggested 2 class in the past...

senators and assasins (medium armor like bounty hunters, but more dps and poisons).... That will also give the chance for a new proffesion as well!!! poisons and gudgets.

Edited by Oyranos

I ve suggested 2 class in the past...

senators and assasins (medium armor like bounty hunters, but more dps and poisons).... That will also give the chance for a new proffesion as well!!! poisons and gudgets.

i dont think they seem like viable classes. 1, because there is already an assassin advanced class and 2, a senator? what will e do besides throwing books at people lol.

IMO i think a droid or rahkghoul class would be absolutely mint

its boring thinking about class... we have 3 major factions... TANK HEAL DPS.... if they could give a 4th, would be nice... Or else, whats the point... It will end up the same thing.

They could implement more species and advantages + disadvantages between them.... more health, faster walking, more stamina, more force, more more, more... that would be interesting.

heres something i like in guild wars 2... there is no TANK HEAL DPS... its different races with different advantages.

Another good implementation, will be the dark-light bar.... Be able to be casted out from republic or empire and turn sides.

Edited by Oyranos

its boring thinking about class... we have 3 major factions... TANK HEAL DPS.... if they could give a 4th, would be nice... Or else, whats the point... It will end up the same thing.

They could implement more species and advantages + disadvantages between them.... more health, faster walking, more stamina, more force, more more, more... that would be interesting.

heres something i like in guild wars 2... there is no TANK HEAL DPS... its different races with different advantages.

Another good implementation, will be the dark-light bar.... Be able to be casted out from republic or empire and turn sides.

i like that last part with the light/dark booting out of faction thing. maybe an arc involved around a sith redemption or jedi's fall.

and a 4th can easily be a buff/enhance/semi-dps-melee/ranged-heal-tank class (revolving around aura's and debuffs and support)

OH GOD YES play as an imperial assassin droid or republic battle droid

Honestly that seems to make the most sense at this point. I can't think of any of the other principal Star Wars "roles" that haven't been addressed yet.

Can you imagine playing as an Astromech droid?

Conversation wheel 1: Beep diirp bleep bleep

Conversation wheel 2: Blip Blip Buuurp whiiiirrr

Response either way: Stupid droid, time for a memory wipe.

Or better yet, Dark Side Astromech droid..........lol

Honestly that seems to make the most sense at this point. I can't think of any of the other principal Star Wars "roles" that haven't been addressed yet.

Can you imagine playing as an Astromech droid?

Conversation wheel 1: Beep diirp bleep bleep

Conversation wheel 2: Blip Blip Buuurp whiiiirrr

Response either way: Stupid droid, time for a memory wipe.

Or better yet, Dark Side Astromech droid..........lol

lol ^

There's never going to be any more classes added to this game... EVER. They would require full class story's, Voice Overs, Companion stories/voice overs and if they introduced new classes without that people would feel jipped. If they did add new classes with all the above people would cry foul on BW/s numerous responses that more class stories are off the table, too hard, cost too much or whatever crap they are using as an execuse this week.

There's never going to be any more classes added to this game... EVER. They would require full class story's, Voice Overs, Companion stories/voice overs and if they introduced new classes without that people would feel jipped. If they did add new classes with all the above people would cry foul on BW/s numerous responses that more class stories are off the table, too hard, cost too much or whatever crap they are using as an execuse this week.

thats why a faction neutral class with a storyline that doesnt cross-arc with any of the others such as a Rakghoul class

One of my wish-list items is a new tier of advanced class. For example, levels 1-10 you're an Agent. Levels 10-50, you're a Sniper or Operative. Levels 50-60+, you're a Super-Sniper, a Sniper/Operative combo, or a Super-Operative. Yes, the names are terrible. Basically, you'd get the choice to become more highly-specialized or less specialized, but more versatile.

On the plus side, this would give us additional variety without requiring new class stories and it would allow skill trees to be broken into two distinct tiers. (I'm concerned that future level cap increases will make skill trees so tall that the leveling experience will suffer.) On the down side, this would greatly complicate class balance, even if the super-advanced-classes are sharing trees.

Still, it would be pretty neat!

One of my wish-list items is a new tier of advanced class. For example, levels 1-10 you're an Agent. Levels 10-50, you're a Sniper or Operative. Levels 50-60+, you're a Super-Sniper, a Sniper/Operative combo, or a Super-Operative. Yes, the names are terrible. Basically, you'd get the choice to become more highly-specialized or less specialized, but more versatile.

On the plus side, this would give us additional variety without requiring new class stories and it would allow skill trees to be broken into two distinct tiers. (I'm concerned that future level cap increases will make skill trees so tall that the leveling experience will suffer.) On the down side, this would greatly complicate class balance, even if the super-advanced-classes are sharing trees.

Still, it would be pretty neat!

This. We don't want BW to spend months developing totally brand new classes, for as cool as that would be it would drive the endgame to the ground with lack of new content. However, this idea of a "Super AC" might be pretty good. To take the example given, you level your agent on hutta, choose to be a sniper in this case, then you level up to 50. Upon reaching 50, you get a message from Imperial HIgh Command sayinig you have been selected for an advanced training course, and to report to (A planet or station) to begin. You go there, then maybe you get to choose one of the current skill trees to specialize in. You do that, you get the abilities from those trees automatically, then you get 2 brand new skill trees to spec into from there.

2 classes, 2 mirrors, 4 classes, 2 more for ideas.

Minion Master Type Class.

Sith Dominator

Jedi Trickster

Light Armor Class

RDPS / HEALER

Jedi/Sith with minions that they can use, that are able to summon force ghosts//lightsabers/rakghouls/beasts at their service for damage.

Could also be consular/inquisitor advanced classes.

Rolechanging type of class

Imperial Shapeshifter

Escape Artist

Medium Armor Class

MDPS/TANK/HEAL

Warriors capable of shapeshifting or enhancing themselves cybernetically. Capable frontline warriors, able to shapeshift into frontline droids (for tanking), medical droids (for healing), assault droids (for damage, hello general grievous with vibroblades)

Could also be smuggler/agent advanced class.

Demolition Expert

Republic Engineer

Ideas for troopers/bounty hunters advanced class.

Knights/Warriors have their hands tied by the fact that it has to be limited with stances within the jedi lore. But i'm sure someone could pop something marvelous from it with a little more knowledge of the lore.

At this point, may sound a bit lazier but its just easier to implement new advanced classes instead of new core classes. And i would be okay with that.

Hope you like these. All the best.

Edited by Hakkology

2 classes, 2 mirrors, 4 classes, 2 more for ideas.

Minion Master Type Class.

Sith Dominator

Jedi Trickster

Light Armor Class

RDPS / HEALER

Jedi/Sith with minions that they can use, that are able to summon force ghosts//lightsabers/rakghouls/beasts at their service for damage.

Could also be consular/inquisitor advanced classes.

Rolechanging type of class

Imperial Shapeshifter

Escape Artist

Medium Armor Class

MDPS/TANK/HEAL

Warriors capable of shapeshifting or enhancing themselves cybernetically. Capable frontline warriors, able to shapeshift into frontline droids (for tanking), medical droids (for healing), assault droids (for damage, hello general grievous with vibroblades)

Could also be smuggler/agent advanced class.

Demolition Expert

Republic Engineer

Ideas for troopers/bounty hunters advanced class.

Knights/Warriors have their hands tied by the fact that it has to be limited with stances within the jedi lore. But i'm sure someone could pop something marvelous from it with a little more knowledge of the lore.

At this point, may sound a bit lazier but its just easier to implement new advanced classes instead of new core classes. And i would be okay with that.

Hope you like these. All the best.

loving this idea ^ hope bioware is reading these

loving this idea ^ hope bioware is reading these

I'm very glad someone liked it :). The idea of having some kind of Minion Master or a shapeshifter droid class is something totally awesome and Bioware should consider it.

Adding new advanced classes would really makes things more engaging and give more roles to people.

Of course, even just getting rid of the mirror classes at this point would be a great bonus for variety, but i wish we had more types of rdps :>.