There should be a few less restrictions on Preferred player status

PLUMST

Sorry but I flat out reject that notion they cant afford 0.50/day to play a game

If 0.50/day truely is to much of a strain on someone

Well they probably shouldnt be wasting time playing online anyways

And dont use the disability/fixed income story as LOTS OF PEOPLE on fixed incomes find a way to afford 0.50/day cost.

Im sorry but there has to be a cut off point

Either you can afford this or you cant

if you cant, you shouldnt be playing IMO

Me personally, Im on a VERY TIGHT fixed income and I play TO SAVE MONEY

$0.50/day here is ALLOT cheaper entertainment then any other entertainment out there so I actually save money by subscribing on a monthly basis

Sorry but it comes down to personal choices and responsibility.

If $0.50 day truely is to much cost for someone

I gotta ask how they afford computers?

Upgrade computers?

Pay internet costs?

Pay power costs of running internet?

Ect.

Which all brings us back to

BECOME a Subscriber

and you get the faster xp and all the other goodies associated with the subscriber account.

I'll never agree that F2P is good for a game because cash shops are unreliable income that rarely gets put back in games and almost always lead to developers working harder on updating cash shops (which is already happening here btw) then updating game for subscribers.

I agree. This game is a luxury, not a necessity. A subscription MMO is one of the best entertainment values out there. Unless you can still get TV on an antenna for free, you aren't going to do better than fifteen bucks a month for hours and days of entertainment at any time, day or night.

What the heck do you people expect? Do you expect to get the whole game for free? Just how long do you think the game would last that way? If the powers that be start relaxing the restrictions of f2p then where is the incentive be for us subscribers to stay subbed? And just who do you think that the powers that be are going to want to please? Those that give them money? Or those that don't?

I don't think anything more should be given to F2P or PP.. It is so easy to become PP.. Buy $5 bucks worth of CC and you are PP for life.. Sorry.. PP doesn't need anything more.. Their rate of XP gain should stay where it is..

PP is little more than F2P with a few more perks..

Just becuase someone doesn't have the money for whatever reason, doesn't mean they should have the same or close to the same perks and privileges than someone who does have the money and pays a subscription..

People whined about F2P pretty much starting back at launch.. Well.. Like they say.. Becareful what you wish for..

Edited by MajikMyst

Yeah but unfortunately that can not be tracked (or never will be anyways).

So as the old adage says " Just because 1 person does something doesnt mean another will"

I know a few subscribers that buy $40.00 in cartel coins every month AFTER paying the subscription price.

I think their completely nuts for doing so but that them and they do not count for everyone.

So while some PP or F2P might spend money in cash grab....errr I mean cartel shop, I think its fair to say the mass majority do not.

PP currently get some things over F2P and considering it takes 1 cartel shop purchase (so as little as $10.00 pne time) to get cartel shop status, I dont think the list of benefits should be that high. The two are not that different really so both should have major shortcomings to promote subscription purchasing.

Honestly F2P and PP and the whole Cartel shop has taken a big chunk of enjoyment out of this game for me anyways. Now all the good paterns and nice weapon shells and speeders and what not are SOLD for real money on Cartel Shop rather then being added to game as earnable content. My $15.00 / month sub doesnt get me any of this stuff as rewards.

Oh sure I could buy off GTN but I dont want to, I WANT TO EARN IT IN GAME

So my time here is dwindleing fast and im already looking at alternative products.

Waited YEARS for this game and now Im finding it harder and harder to log in as everything is cash shop defined because of these cheap @#%! players who refuse to pay a measly $15.00/month to play something they claim to love and enjoy.

I miss the days before F2P were you just had to stop whining (not you, just people asking for more and more added to F2P and PP accounts) and go out and play the game (which meant paying the sub).

Quoted for truth..

I resent the remark about being nuts if you spend $40 dollars on coins and pay a subscription.. I pay for 2 subscriptions and spent $80 on coins.. Wife needs coins too.. :p

Does anyone else think that preferred player status accounts should get a few of the restrictions removed? i think that they should give us 1-3 operations per week, and at least remove the XP restriction. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

You want more access when you only paid 4 euros for the game?

that would be a "Tiny-Lifetime-Subscription" ....

i think you lost your sanity...

good god....

"equalize the experience gain for all players" is the same as "make all game free" now?

what is even a point of this restriction??? if you just casually play solo, you won't really know the difference. not like you cannot access more quests for extra experience gain - there's more then enough per planet, especially with bonus series. it only really affects BOTH subscribers and f2p if they try to play together.

is leveling speed really the only reason you are all subscribing? or are you so threatened, so jealous that you have to guard every little perk that for some people is not even a perk? I don't know about you, but I'm subscribing mainly for unlimited flashpoint, space mission and operations access, having done the math - its cheaper then buying weekly passes. everything else - like lower costs on everything, no credit cap to speak of (at least not the kind that I could ever reach with my playstyle, so I have no idea if it even exists), speeders that I get faster and unlimited loot? those are bonuses. perks.

I also love the assumption that every preferred player is someone who just spent $5 on the game. a lot of preferred players are returning ones, people who preordered, who at a minimum paid $60 to just get the game, possibly more for subscription.

equalized experience gain, whichever way its implemented, IMO doesn't make subscription obsolete, but it does make the game more fun for all that play it, INCLUDING subscribers. unless you are one of the "dog in a manger" types

You want more access when you only paid 4 euros for the game?

that would be a "Tiny-Lifetime-Subscription" ....

i think you lost your sanity...

actually, if you would read my later posts, you'd see i am a subscriber. So no, i did not pay four bucks, i paid 15 bucks for the game, and 30 for a two month subscription, and no i have not lost my sanity. i simply think the XP restriction is kinda dumb

good god....

"equalize the experience gain for all players" is the same as "make all game free" now?

what is even a point of this restriction??? if you just casually play solo, you won't really know the difference. not like you cannot access more quests for extra experience gain - there's more then enough per planet, especially with bonus series. it only really affects BOTH subscribers and f2p if they try to play together.

is leveling speed really the only reason you are all subscribing? or are you so threatened, so jealous that you have to guard every little perk that for some people is not even a perk? I don't know about you, but I'm subscribing mainly for unlimited flashpoint, space mission and operations access, having done the math - its cheaper then buying weekly passes. everything else - like lower costs on everything, no credit cap to speak of (at least not the kind that I could ever reach with my playstyle, so I have no idea if it even exists), speeders that I get faster and unlimited loot? those are bonuses. perks.

I also love the assumption that every preferred player is someone who just spent $5 on the game. a lot of preferred players are returning ones, people who preordered, who at a minimum paid $60 to just get the game, possibly more for subscription.

equalized experience gain, whichever way its implemented, IMO doesn't make subscription obsolete, but it does make the game more fun for all that play it, INCLUDING subscribers. unless you are one of the "dog in a manger" types

Thank you!

I don't think that the problem is in the game i liked it as it is even as a prefered player... BUT why restrict even the forum? I dont wan't to pay so I can write here... they should have make something so prefered plyers can write in the forums. Maybe 3-5 post a week or somthing...

actually, if you would read my later posts, you'd see i am a subscriber. So no, i did not pay four bucks, i paid 15 bucks for the game, and 30 for a two month subscription, and no i have not lost my sanity. i simply think the XP restriction is kinda dumb

What does that have to do with the restrictions of a prefered player?? I don't think they are dumb.. While her comment may not have applied to you..

The game is free to download.. To become prefered, all someone has to do is make at the very least a $4 dollar purchase.. Then they are prefered for life..

Sorry.. Other than token perks which they have.. They should be just the same as a F2P player..

Please understand, the entire point of the F2P and the prefered player is to entice them into being subscribers.. While I am sure some people will not spend a single penny in this game and happily tolerate the restrictions.. Most others will not..

Any restriction taken away from either F2P or Prefered, devalues being a subscriber.. Since subscribers pay the bills, that isn't a good thing..

I bought two CE at $150 each, and pay for two 6mos. subscriptions.. My wife playes too.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

I am a recent subscriber that started as Free-2-Play and as weird as it sounds I miss the reduced experience gain. I level too fast now compared to how I like to level. I like to do a couple WZs and a FP each day (for dailies) as well as all the planet quests. As F2P I was able to do this and stay in the recommended level range for the planet I'm on. Now my WZs and FP get me near a whole level each time and I am quickly outpacing the planetary quest and my Class Quest levels. I got to Taris at level 20 and it's a 16-20 planet. I am now level 23 and I'm only half way through Taris :-/.

Same here, I started f2p then subscribed and i am actually unhappy with how fast I am leveling. I find it mildly annoying to out level missions so that they are easy to do.

What does that have to do with the restrictions of a prefered player?? I don't think they are dumb.. While her comment may not have applied to you..

The game is free to download.. To become prefered, all someone has to do is make at the very least a $4 dollar purchase.. Then they are prefered for life..

Sorry.. Other than token perks which they have.. They should be just the same as a F2P player..

Please understand, the entire point of the F2P and the prefered player is to entice them into being subscribers.. While I am sure some people will not spend a single penny in this game and happily tolerate the restrictions.. Most others will not..

Any restriction taken away from either F2P or Prefered, devalues being a subscriber.. Since subscribers pay the bills, that isn't a good thing..

I bought two CE at $150 each, and pay for two 6mos. subscriptions.. My wife playes too.. :)

i get they're trying to get more people to subscribe, but cmon, someone who is Preferred Player status contributed at least some money to the game, so they should let them gain normal XP

i get they're trying to get more people to subscribe, but cmon, someone who is Preferred Player status contributed at least some money to the game, so they should let them gain normal XP

lets see

Sub = $15/month

Preferred = 1 time $10.00 coin purchase

how are these 2 things equal that they should gain equal xp?

Spending $10.00 and playing for 6 months is NOT contributing to game imo

Honestly they should leave prefered as is (in game benefits) and make it that to be prefered you need to buy $10.00 worth of coins every month, not just a single one time purchase.

So your paying a lesser monthly fee for a slightly reduced service (as is currently the case)

Giving more for free will NOT promote more subscriptions

Giving more for free will promote LESS SUBSCRIPTIONS as there will be less reason to subscribe

But what ever, think im on last legs of this game anyways.

Cartel Shop has completely ruined game for me as 90% of the development seems to go into updating Cartel Shop rather then bug fixing, content updating, and other things we use to take for granted as subscribers in MMORPGs.

Edited by Kalfear