Patch notes are up.

HelinCarnate

And to those that are complaining about the complaints:

http://www.wordreference.com/definition/whine

Yes, this is preemptive because we will definitely get those people in here.

I think it's cute you called what I did complaining. I was doing a service for the folks who blather "OMG bioware why you not fix all the bugs yet my grandma can do it I was a programmer in my other life."

I think it's cute you called what I did complaining. I was doing a service for the folks who blather "OMG bioware why you not fix all the bugs yet my grandma can do it I was a programmer in my other life."

I'm glad you thought it was cute. I thought it was something else obviously. So you needed some education yourself.

After all, you dish it, you should be able to take it.

A good read. Thank you.

Yw. I can't take any credit. Someone else originally posted it but I can't sum it up any better. It's something I wish everyone on the forums was required to read before posting.

It's not directed at TOR either, it's any product or company that has team based structures and works on a code base of some sort.

I'm glad you thought it was cute. I thought it was something else obviously. So you needed some education yourself.

After all, you dish it, you should be able to take it.

Lol. Down boy! Maybe you should read the article. Might help ya bit. ;)

It's pretty clear you didn't read the link.

Thats not clear at all.

What is clear is that I read the link and found it mocking, and decided to properly educate the person that posted it.

The only think worse than complaining incessantly about the game, raging against it without any sense of reason or bathing in entitlement is complaining about it when people do it.

The forum could do without both.

Thats not clear at all.

What is clear is that I read the link and found it mocking, and decided to properly educate the person that posted it.

The only think worse than complaining incessantly about the game, raging against it without any sense of reason or bathing in entitlement is complaining about it when people do it.

According to your theory I shouldn't post an article that would educate people and make them more aware of how these coding teams work.

So...people should remain ignorant? Gotcha buddy. I'll ..um...be sure to never take that advice. And yes I was mocking people too. Welcome to real life.

Edited by Arkerus

Thats not clear at all.

It's mocking for entertainment value. If that had been posted without the tone would you have accepted the message? If so then that's just hubris getting in the way of logical thought.

Some people don't enjoy being told they are wrong or the shattering of their belief system and typically reject the message as much as possible until it's undeniable. In these cases the tone the link takes is completely appropriate.

According to your theory I shouldn't post an article that would educate people and make them more aware of how these coding teams work.

So...people should remain ignorant? Gotcha buddy. I'll ..um...be sure to never take that advice. And yes I was mocking people too. Welcome to real life.

And as a result you got a taste of your own medicine. Like I said, if you cant take it dont dish it.

Right back at you. Welcome to the internet.

Edited by LordArtemis

It's mocking for entertainment value. If that had been posted without the tone would you have accepted the message? If so then that's just hubris getting in the way of logical thought.

Some people don't enjoy being told they are wrong or the shattering of their belief system and typically reject the message as much as possible until it's undeniable. In these cases the tone the link takes is completely appropriate.

Absolutely. The message itself, sans the mockery is a sensible one. But it wasnt posted to simply provide a counter to those that will engage in that kind of behavior, it was posted as a complaint against those that will do so, and as an insult to boot...which opens the poster up to the same rules. The poster obviously desired to insult players that complain, and certainly seemed to suggest with the myopic post that any kind of feedback should be mocked.

If you are going to complain about complainers you should be prepared to be admonished for it yourself. Both are not productive for the forum IMO.

I feel people should learn how to post suggestions properly, and people that don't like those that do not should refrain from complaining about it themselves. Just my opinion of course.

Edited by LordArtemis

Absolutely. The message itself, sans the mockery is a sensible one. But it wasnt posted to simply provide a counter to those that will engage in that kind of behavior, it was posted as a complaint against those that will do so, and as an insult to boot...which opens the poster up to the same rules. The poster obviously desired to insult players that complain, and certainly seemed to suggest with the myopic post that any kind of feedback should be mocked.

If you are going to complain about complainers you should be prepared to be admonished for it yourself. Both are not productive for the forum IMO.

I feel people should learn how to post suggestions properly, and people that don't like those that do not should refrain from complaining about it themselves. Just my opinion of course.

I actually thought the article was very well presented, factual without any hint of whining... but as the author himself said, trying to teach a pig to sing is a waste of time and annoys the pig... you simply cannot educate the uneducated.

I love the double standard. Trolls, rabid haters, and idiots all get a free pass, but I post something that would actually educate them and you take offense to it. I don't know if I should just shrug my shoulders and walk away or actually continue pointing out how silly it makes it look to trash on me and that well written article. You sound like the folks who tried to find mistakes in the article and were promptly smacked down a notch.

Look, I posted a well written, factual article about how real video game companies develop games and I poked fun at the trolls and complainers at the same time. If you can't take a little ribbing then I suggest you find something else to do.

I was far from whining. If you think that me posting that was whining, then you have no clue what whining is. Whining is the incessant crying and badgering the self absorbed yahoos on this forums post every day.

Fix my bugs

Fix my bugs

Balance my class

Fix my bugs

Balance my class

why did you add new grass!?!? FIX MY BUGS!!???

I will QUIT if you don't fix my items, right now!!

F2P cash shop??? FIX MY BUGS

Balance my class, again.

Edited by Arkerus

Thats my point, you can't make it to Mos Ila. Have you see the path that speeder takes? It goes over a mountain, into a valley, across a sand dune and then it might as well do a loop-D-loop through a ring of fire! :D

Hahaha You made my day, buddy!

• 2 weeks later...
I love the double standard. Trolls, rabid haters, and idiots all get a free pass, but I post something that would actually educate them and you take offense to it. I don't know if I should just shrug my shoulders and walk away or actually continue pointing out how silly it makes it look to trash on me and that well written article. You sound like the folks who tried to find mistakes in the article and were promptly smacked down a notch.

Look, I posted a well written, factual article about how real video game companies develop games and I poked fun at the trolls and complainers at the same time. If you can't take a little ribbing then I suggest you find something else to do.

I was far from whining. If you think that me posting that was whining, then you have no clue what whining is. Whining is the incessant crying and badgering the self absorbed yahoos on this forums post every day.

Fix my bugs

Fix my bugs

Balance my class

Fix my bugs

Balance my class

why did you add new grass!?!? FIX MY BUGS!!???

I will QUIT if you don't fix my items, right now!!

F2P cash shop??? FIX MY BUGS

Balance my class, again.

If you don't realize that what you are doing in this specific post is exactly what you are complaining about then you will never get it. Ever. And that's ok, most whiners never do. It's ok, really.

If you wish to continue to iceskate uphill, be my guest.

Since you seem to be pretty upset about this, I'll go ahead and explain, or make an attempt to just this once.

Ignore the complaints. People will complain no matter what you do, there is NOTHING you can do to stop it. PERIOD. NADA. ZIP.

When you complain about complainers you are joining the fray. Chasing your tail. And iceskating uphill. It is probably one of the most useless UNPRODUCTIVE things you can do...besides perhaps sitting in the bottom of an elevator and pleading with god to make it go sideways.

So, every once in a while I have to let a complainer know that they are actually part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Constructive criticism of all types is part of the solution. What you did here was not part of that solution. It was part of the problem.

There you go.

Edited by LordArtemis