Wel its began.. Incoming removal of Stealth and vanish.

Spyde

Already see complaints about how stealth is to strong now... they can vanish and remove dots to get away..

RIP operative... RIP

Incoming Nerfs again.

operative can only stealth for 30 seconds at a time.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=222096

here is one of the,

OMGZ he gots dots and was stunned and he escaped NEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRF

My 1 button wasn't auto winning when he vanishes...

Lol you are a very angry person, they make a legitimate balance to the game and you do the very thing that you're accusing that person of doing. did you bother to read the entire thread?

I understand youre mad b/c the pvpers were voicing concerns about the OPeratives opness, but where is your evidence that it was false? clearly bioware put some time and effort into it, they have WAY more hardware and tools that show them what they needed to see, and all you have is what? youre lvl 50 operative, no logs, nothing.

you need a better outlook on things, not everything people QQ about is legitimate, but when it is its needs to be fixed whether its appealing to you or not. they arent going to nerf stealth, but if they deem that yes stealth should be broken by dots already on the target that's ANOTHER legitimate logical balance - unless the talent specifically states it removes such ailments.

Edited by LeonkRAV

You know, the competent players know that ops were fine.

Sadly the only time they did their mass damage was buff stacking and fully geared 50's vs non geared players.

Ontop of it.. they are over nerfing us to be sure we dont kill a non geared player easy.

Whats also funny is that they called ops EZ mode,far from it.

You must position,keep your buffs up,select a viable target and then you move in with 3 or more hits.

Now what do other classes do like sorcs,Bh's etc? i know because i have seen countless youtube vids,the curve for the op's/scoundrel class was far more complex than classes said above.

Edited by Sathid

Sadly the only time they did their mass damage was buff stacking and fully geared 50's vs non geared players.

Ontop of it.. they are over nerfing us to be sure we dont kill a non geared player easy.

I agree with this. They needed adjustment but Bioware should NEVER, EVER NERF IN PAIRS. Either nerf one or the other and see how it effects the class. Double nerfs never work out. This is the case in any MMO.

This is ridiculous, people honestly need to learn to play this game. Taking all this whining to this extent is insane, everyone wants a play by play on how to kill someone. Stop sucking, and seriously learn to play. Such carebears anymore.. Whine, whine, whine. As annoying as some classes may be to be up against, I don't mind and I love the challenge.

I'm convinced these whiners would love a macro to press with a perfect rotation for a 100% kill. One button to mash.. Nice.

And for the record, OP's were fine.. Even though they're annoying as hell.

Edited by rivetOr

I don't see this going anywhere. Its like the sage run speed boost. It last 1.5 seconds and against any decent player its worthless as it doesn't get you far enough away. The same goes for the restealth of Ops. It only lasts 4 seconds so if they are low health alot of times you can find them coming back out of it and finish them off.

People will complain about everything that isn't too thier advantage. Although I thought a small nerf of initial burst on the opener was probably warranted, it should have been looked at after the biochem nerf, not at the same time, as thats where alot of the issues were. Hopefully they don't get into the habit of constantly nerfing and buffing classes. I hate that intentional FotM some games do. It kills pvp in the long run.

Edited by Sgt_shades

im wearing 4-5 pieces of champion gear and all other level 50 purps.... these assassins are in front of me dropping me before i get a chance to even react to their mez pop sound effect..

Something is up.. im sure they are geared up ones who do this.. But of course geared from exploits.... Too many geared players now everywhere, must of been some serious exploiting going on.. all these names that never heard of before in pvp, now dominating the field.. yet seem to have no valor or experience.... Half of them cause their team to lose even... Because they are just playing for personal vengeance..

I should have a chance or escape any battle.. Something this game lacks entirely is

an escape route.. The CC in this game needs serious attention.. Because we cant guess if the cc on us is a daze and the cooldown for release is way too long they can stun us 3 times to the release of one time.... add in 2 on 1 scenario is where this game fails miserably.

In the past where it seems the assassins are not geared, i can hear the mez of them coming in and react and escape their backstabs, which is the key to surviving... to make them zip away.. but its short lived, the recoup and come back to finish as you have no chance to heal or anything.. kinda stupid all around design... no science behind anything in this game... just a puzzle they tried to put together to make the classes fit the lore

I agree with this. They needed adjustment but Bioware should NEVER, EVER NERF IN PAIRS. Either nerf one or the other and see how it effects the class. Double nerfs never work out. This is the case in any MMO.

They have a lot more information on Ops than you or I. I think they can figure out how to adjust the class better than the players.

Lol you are a very angry person, they make a legitimate balance to the game and you do the very thing that you're accusing that person of doing. did you bother to read the entire thread?

I understand youre mad b/c the pvpers were voicing concerns about the OPeratives opness, but where is your evidence that it was false? clearly bioware put some time and effort into it, they have WAY more hardware and tools that show them what they needed to see, and all you have is what? youre lvl 50 operative, no logs, nothing.

you need a better outlook on things, not everything people QQ about is legitimate, but when it is its needs to be fixed whether its appealing to you or not. they arent going to nerf stealth, but if they deem that yes stealth should be broken by dots already on the target that's ANOTHER legitimate logical balance - unless the talent specifically states it removes such ailments.

they are not pvpers, they are exploiters, pve'ers an farmers. There is nothing pvp about what they do. The only "true pvpers" are the guys that kill reds in the world, and gain nothing for it by the way. The only reason you come here is to demand anyone that kills you be nerfed.

Look at it on the bright side, if they are over nerfing, then you will get a buff when they data mine class performance in pvp and see you aren't doing so hot any more. On the other hand if your class is still out performing........BAM, here comes the nerf bat again.

That's BS and you know it. An equal level, equal geared player will still get Pwned hardcore by an Op coming right out of stealth. My alt runs around in the Slave Girl outfit, I played Huttball a few times today. Some Operatives didn't like that I guess because he kept telling me about all the STDs I probably have, and in the next game where we were opponents this guy kept gunning for me, objectives be damned. We won, mostly because he wasn't being a team played. But surviving his three shots were nigh impossible. I think I got away twice.

My main an Assassin has 5 pieces of Champ gear and I got hit with a 7.5k crit from a Scoundrel. That guy must have been fully buffed, but that is still ridiculous.

That's BS and you know it. An equal level, equal geared player will still get Pwned hardcore by an Op coming right out of stealth. My alt runs around in the Slave Girl outfit, I played Huttball a few times today. Some Operatives didn't like that I guess because he kept telling me about all the STDs I probably have, and in the next game where we were opponents this guy kept gunning for me, objectives be damned. We won, mostly because he wasn't being a team played. But surviving his three shots were nigh impossible. I think I got away twice.

My main an Assassin has 5 pieces of Champ gear and I got hit with a 7.5k crit from a Scoundrel. That guy must have been fully buffed, but that is still ridiculous.

7.5s dont happen, stop just saying a number that appears in every nerf op thread.

I was rerolling Merc BH level 15, killed a 41 Operative, want to know how? Dots, a knockback and a stun. Operatives are scary while in stealth but after you stand up get outside 10m and pew f***king pew.

Selecting a target and properly positioning yourself is a challenge when your opponent can actually see you.

Sneaking up on someone while you are invisible, especially in a game where many of the better abilities require a casting or channeling time, isn't much of a challenge. Being able to become the invisible man again when you start to lose makes it even less of one.

Really lol,where did you see this?

If this is for real,yes the kids of WoW won. i never played WoW by the way.

There has been a war against stealth in mmo's since at least DAoC. It could go back further but that is beyond my experience. This is the first mmo I have played where I will NOT be rolling a stealther.

Nah they'll never remove stealth and vanish. They'll just make us hit like pillows after we get the second nerf that's "balanced."

I can see it now,

Flechette Round/Acid Blade nolonger has a Damage over Time Effect.

Dirty Kick/Debilitate have had their cooldowns changed to properly reflect the changes(up from 45 seconds to 1 min)

Flash Bang/ Flash Grenade have had their cooldowns changed to properly reflect the changes( up from 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds).

Dodge/Evasion have had their cooldowns to changed to properly reflect the changes(up from 1 minute to 2 minutes).

Dodge/Evasion now only removes 2 negative effects.

K.O./Jarring Strikes now properly uses the full resolve bar.

Backblast/Backstab have been changed to reduce base damage by 20%.

Dear Players,

We felt that Operatives and their counterpart Scoundrels have had too much "escapability" as of late. We've made these changes so they will commit to the fight. In light of the Backblast/Backstab hitting harder than shoot first, we felt it was necessary to bring this ability more in line with the rest of the Scoundrel's Operatives abilities. According to our metrics Scoundrels and their counter part Operatives had too much survivability. We also felt that being able to chain stuns every 30 seconds was a little to much.

Thank you for playing!

There has been a war against stealth in mmo's since at least DAoC. It could go back further but that is beyond my experience. This is the first mmo I have played where I will NOT be rolling a stealther.

its an old argument as you said. They dont like the idea of ANYONE having an ability they dont have. They zero in on anything it doesn't matter what if its not something they have th ey go mental about it. You are now gonna be seeing hundreds of posts with unbelievable accounts of how stealth ruined someones day in farming BG's. The accounts will get more an more extreme, an the abuse of anyone that dares to counter it will be massive.

This is just how they act. They know devs respond to them an give what they want.

Stealth

Sorcs

troopers are now on the firing line. They posts will naturally be all blatant lie's, but thats never stopped them.

Stealth especially they are utterly irrational about it for some reason. I think much of it is because they see stealth as some sort of I win button. When in reality any stealther is the weakest class in the game at all times. because they give up alot to be a stealther. it's their main form of armor an defense.

Not that the forum possie understands that, or if they do, they just ignore it.