what's the deal with these Master mode chapters ?

They're supposed to be the hardest single player content in the game, only a very small amount of players have cleared them all.

You need to use everything well. Rotation, DCD's, CC's, interrupts, medpacks, adrenals, heroic moment.

Edited by Eli_Porter

They are meant to be hard an nearly impossible to do. There are a few bosses that are quite tricky. Its about really planning ahead. One hint I can give you is that its standard mobs! So for example on a Commando against a group of 3 you throw a sticky grenade at 1, blazing bolts into other, which basically stuns them so only 1 is actually firing at you.

Use the fact that some abilities make the mobs "not attack" you.

only a very small amount of players have cleared them all.

I wouldnt say that, the problem is that anyone can do it, dont forget the fact thatyou can inv people into your phase! This means you can do the chapters in an OPS group :)

So if a person has the achievement, you never know if he did it alone or with help. Still, its ridiculous how hard the standard mobs hit, they should have introduced something different than just a HUGE attack buff

If it's any sign of motivation, I'll have you know I've completed the whole thing on master mode solo as a Vanguard

So trust me when I say it's do-able.

Some of the bosses (2 specifically) you have to really think outside the box, and sometimes even break the game.

And the majority of them are NOT melee friendly. But, for what it's worth, its do-able

I wouldnt say that, the problem is that anyone can do it, dont forget the fact thatyou can inv people into your phase! This means you can do the chapters in an OPS group

So if a person has the achievement, you never know if he did it alone or with help. Still, its ridiculous how hard the standard mobs hit, they should have introduced something different than just a HUGE attack buff

I 100% agree with you dude. You don't need absurd damage modifiers to make a game difficult.

There's so much stuff that kicks my @s$ on a daily basis

In my opinion Veteran mode should've been the damage boost, replacing 9-irons with lamp posts.

But Master should've remade the entire story, where bonuses and decisions made should've shifted the paradox of the story on a far greater scale, making you feel like the choices you make are no longer just for story and plot purposes. But remake bosses, and change their behaviour, attack patterns and even who you face.

I would've also preferred if they changed/updated the rewards. It's really demotivating knowing you're still getting story mode rewards on a higher difficulty. ESPECIALLY Fallen Empire, which has old 4.0 rewards, when Master was introduced in 5.0

:(

PS - Completing Master difficulty makes me want to reroll Knight of Zakuul... but there's no class for that

FeelsBadMan

Edited by Bonzenaattori

I wouldnt say that, the problem is that anyone can do it, dont forget the fact thatyou can inv people into your phase!

- why would anyone want to spend their payed sub time helping your sorry *** ?

I've completed the whole thing on master mode solo as a Vanguard

- vanguard ? that's **** dps , how did u get past chapter 2 boss ?

- why would anyone want to spend their payed sub time helping your sorry *** ?

- vanguard ? that's **** dps , how did u get past chapter 2 boss ?

tank spec i think.....

seriously tanks have a waaay easier time on mastermode just need tot ake it slowly and you go through it like a turtle...

You've never heard of these beings called "friends" who help each other have fun?

<---- 4ever alone

would you go wipe 2-3 times in a master mode flashpoint ? for your virtual friend , knowing you get .... wait for it .... N O T H I N G.... well u get a repair bill

I thought we were talking Master mode Knights of the Frelling Excruciating chapters, not HFPs.

I would try to help a friend do pretty much any content in the game... though my usefulness would depend a lot on my ability to see what I'm doing (never going to be much help in Blood Hunt for instance because it lags so much worse for me than anything else in the game).

I'm guessing you mean the genoharadan 3 Elite boss fight with 1 leader and 2 hunters.

Ha! yeah that one's pretty cancer.

just abuse line of sight whenever u get the chance.

Either you'll get charged on or they'll try and grapple you...

Wait for the grapple and abuse line of sight.

EIther the leader will use missil salvo... find another line of sight spot to hide behind before he finishes the cast

DO NOT GO MELEE RANGE OF THE BOSS!

Going melee range he will use Jet Boost which literally hits for 60k (i dont know why but im guessing bioware devs rushed this, or didn't adequately test it, or apply common sense)

good luck with it.

it took me too many attempt to even admit, not worth it at all

I wish Bioware would update the rewards... you'd think clearing the STORY on master difficulty would be something they'd appreciate... since they only focus on the story content... jeez

There is way too many overtuned fights in that difficulty, its not even funny.

Knights of Zakuul and Horizon Guard have a bad spell of one-shot syndrome. ANd its starting to feel rather overused.

Edited by Bonzenaattori

You don't need absurd damage modifiers to make a game difficult.

In my opinion Veteran mode should've been the damage boost, replacing 9-irons with lamp posts.

But Master should've remade the entire story, where bonuses and decisions made should've shifted the paradox of the story on a far greater scale, making you feel like the choices you make are no longer just for story and plot purposes. But remake bosses, and change their behaviour, attack patterns and even who you face.

I would've also preferred if they changed/updated the rewards. It's really demotivating knowing you're still getting story mode rewards on a higher difficulty. ESPECIALLY Fallen Empire, which has old 4.0 rewards, when Master was introduced in 5.0

:(

PS - Completing Master difficulty makes me want to reroll Knight of Zakuul... but there's no class for that

FeelsBadMan

I definitely agree, they should add different mechanics instead of the chapters being a massive gear check.

<---- 4ever alone

would you go wipe 2-3 times in a master mode flashpoint ? for your virtual friend , knowing you get .... wait for it .... N O T H I N G.... well u get a repair bill

Spot the guy who's never been a part of operation progression guilds ;)

Repair bill from 2-3 deaths sounds bad :rolleyes::D

Spot the guy who's never been a part of operation progression guilds ;)

Repair bill from 2-3 deaths sounds bad :rolleyes::D

If you have top-tier gear, then the repair bill will be "really" bad after 2-3 deaths.

Edited by MrNihulus

I 100% agree with you dude. You don't need absurd damage modifiers to make a game difficult.

Hehe yeah, actually when I summarize it I died way more times on common trash then on actual boss fights. About that tank spec, yeah i did most chapters on my assasin (due to stealth, was faster) but for the Vaylin fight in the cave i had to go tank spec, that was just too much dmg.

Hehe yeah, actually when I summarize it I died way more times on common trash then on actual boss fights. About that tank spec, yeah i did most chapters on my assasin (due to stealth, was faster) but for the Vaylin fight in the cave i had to go tank spec, that was just too much dmg.

You know the sad part...

the cave fight Vaylin is stronger than any other vaylin in the game.... not even joking

Few tips for solo-ing master mode chapters (from someone who solo-ed all KOTFE and KOTET in mix of 230-240 gear, merc DPS with low influence comps)

- Trash mobs hit like a *********** truck, abuse stuns, defensive cooldowns and line of sight.

- If you don't like dying and want to kill everything on your first or second try, either bring friends or stay in veteran mode.

- Setting your comp to tank or DPS can sometimes be better than have him heal on certain bosses.

- When you wipe a lot on a boss, try changing which attack you interrupt, which DCD you use at what time. You need to use all your tools (medpacks can help also).

You will definitely die a lot, but its a fun challenge.

Did it on a merc, difficulty of fights really vary depending on your class. Vaylin fight wasn't close to be one of the hardest for me.

I haven't touched Master Mode yet.

I hated Knights of the Frelling Excruciating and Knights of the Eternal Torment the first time around. What possible reason would I have to put myself through chapter replays in any difficulty mode?

(ok, Chapter XIV is one I would willingly repeat, and is one of the three I've done in Veteran Mode, because it has Mandalorians and awesome music :) )