Corner Capping in Novare... Fix please?

Xerain

I stand in the corner on my type 2 op to cap and ive never clipped into the wall. Most people are just to stupid to check the corners.

Also nerf operatives because of this.

I was in a reg earlier and had a sage healer that was body type one clipping into the wall too and casting heals. Was terrible to tab onto because tab targeting in this game is well terrible.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honesty, I would like them to fix all wall clipping in NC. A few weeks ago, I got attacked by an ability that knocked me back into a tree. I was unable to get out, I could only turn on the spot. However, I found I was also able to shoot the enemy with FL but he was unable to harm me.

After a few seconds I realized this, so I /stucked out the situation. I /stucked out before I killed my opponent, so I believe my honor is still in tact :)

I was in a reg earlier and had a sage healer that was body type one clipping into the wall too and casting heals. Was terrible to tab onto because tab targeting in this game is well terrible.

Of course clipping still exsists, hell i still see on the voidstar doors on a rare occasion. This issue isnt really that bad, at least if you aoe/ tab target you stop it.

Remember when slinger/snipe could crouch and plant without being interupted? That was more of a pain then this.

I do this all the time on my 3 stealth-capable characters. I sneak into the corner, try to find that sweet spot (ie. not get "cannot see target" or whatever) and start capping. I think it's up to the defenders to be alert and expect people to cap in the corners, it's not my fault if they'd rather derp away from the bunker. There's grenades for this sort of capping.

I always use tab-targeting, but I've found that clicking actually works best on corner cappers.

Edited by xhii

I'm pretty sure they fixed this. My character's body type is 1, and if I go too far into the corner, I can't click the button. I have to back up a bit. Has this happened recently?

I think what they fixed was that you can't climb on top of the console anymore, but you can still find a spot in the corners where you can start capping (I know it's hard, more often than not I can't click the button and have to fidget around a while until I can). I'm body type 2 btw.

Can you guys fix it so people with body type 1 and 2 can't go into the corner and cap in Novare without been seen or clicked on?

Seriously. IT's stupid to watch your node being capped and then having to use ****** tab targeting to get them and hit them.

Yes

But honestly I don't have a problem with this because I tab target... hehe

And also, there are more important issues with PvP atm that need to be resolved.

Can you guys fix it so people with body type 1 and 2 can't go into the corner and cap in Novare without been seen or clicked on?

Seriously. IT's stupid to watch your node being capped and then having to use ****** tab targeting to get them and hit them.

Instead of complaining - how about you be more observant and fight on the node instead of fighting out of line of site of the node and complaining when smarter players move out of your line of sight to cap.

Instead of complaining - how about you be more observant and fight on the node instead of fighting out of line of site of the node and complaining when smarter players move out of your line of sight to cap.

So what you are saying as that smart players use glitches and dumb players expect others to play fair? gotcha:rolleyes:

So what you are saying as that smart players use glitches and dumb players expect others to play fair? gotcha:rolleyes:

That is not even remotely close to what I said. If he was playing NC like a good player should he would be constantly watching the node and looking at the scoreboard to see if the node is being capped. Also making use of an AOE every now and then would help his problem.

My advice to you would be to read and re-read whatever comment you plan on quoting before randomly spouting off whatever comes to your mind. This should save you from sounding like a complete and total ignorant fool in the future.

That is not even remotely close to what I said. If he was playing NC like a good player should he would be constantly watching the node and looking at the scoreboard to see if the node is being capped. Also making use of an AOE every now and then would help his problem.

My advice to you would be to read and re-read whatever comment you plan on quoting before randomly spouting off whatever comes to your mind. This should save you from sounding like a complete and total ignorant fool in the future.

And my advice to you would be the same. He is asking for a fix to the wall glich and you are either talking about LOS and scoreboard or 'smart' players using the wall glitch as LOS .

Let's re-clarify the argument since some people seem to think the complaint is just about people normally capping in the corner.

Capping in the corner = absolutely fine.

Capping while clipping into the wall to the point that the nameplate disappears even to someone looking directly into the hut = not fine.

Edited by Piam

I think anyone who implies that this isn't an issue most likely hasn't actually seen it executed. Capping from the corner does make sense, you're obviously shielding yourself from site and damage (interrupt). The issue is that some people clip their bodies in to the bunker wall and cap so that all you really see is a sliver of the leg/arm/head. There have been times that I was staring in the bunker wondering *** is going on when I see a small sliver of a person capping. They are hard to see/target and this is without a doubt a glitch/exploit. I even know specific people on my server that do this every match. They know it's a glitch and they are trying to use it to get a cheap cap against people that don't know to look for a person that's clipped in the wall. This should have been fixed months ago and it continues to blow my mind that such a simple issue can't get fixed.

They thought they fixed it because in certain spots it doesn't let you cap the node anymore and you have to move further into the middle. They just need to extend that no capping area to the area we are discussing here and problem solved. But it's BW so I'm sure it'll never ever get fixed and no one that works there will even read this.

It's still a hell of alot better than clicking.

no. I tab most of the time, but when I really need to target someone, there are times when clicking is necessary. I can think of, for instance, hb when I want the carrier, but literally all of his team is directly in front of me (including the carrier). sorry, tabbing through that is a complete waste of time. this is a likely scenario in nc: a target can be withing 30m of you capping inside the bunker, but there can be multiple targets between the two of you, and tabbing is going to hit those other enemies before it locks onto the guy 29m away in the bunker...angles be damned.

but tbh, it's usually something I do as a healer in hb when I can't read the nameplate of the guy with the ball.

Edited by foxmob

Tab targeting being bad in this game has nothing to do with being observant or not. You can watch the war zones objectives icon in the top right of your screen and it lights up when someone is capping it you know.

Also hard to see someone when they're clipped into a wall. Funny you people will scream and cry about losing a 1v1 against another class and come here and call nerf for it but when it comes to a real issue you people don't care. Please l2p.