Triangle Lock Button

Scorpiooooo

What the hell is with the new lock/unlock button on the Quickbar? It's just a triangle! You can't see, just from looking at it, whether the bar is unlocked or locked. I realise you can hover over it and then look at the description - but common! There was nothing wrong with the actual padlock image that was there before - it ****** worked! Why replace it with a generic ****** triangle?

I heard it was a bug and they were changing it back - but there have been 2 updates since it was installed - ***?

Is this just me? Surely not.

What the hell is with the new lock/unlock button on the Quickbar? It's just a triangle! You can't see, just from looking at it, whether the bar is unlocked or locked. I realise you can hover over it and then look at the description - but common! There was nothing wrong with the actual padlock image that was there before - it ****** worked! Why replace it with a generic ****** triangle?

I heard it was a bug and they were changing it back - but there have been 2 updates since it was installed - ***?

Is this just me? Surely not.

So, your choices were:

• Click on it and try to move your icons. If they don't move, click it again.
  • Wig out on the forums about it.

Interesting.

It's still a ridiculously stupid bug, painfully obvious that the client was pushed live 2 patches ago with zero testing... not even a simple log in... and wasnt fixed in the patch we just had.

Perfectly justified to be annoyed by it at this point, and given the glacial speed at which bw addresses bugs and imbalance, we may see the padlock icon return some time in 2014.

You dont accidentally change code to remove a padlock and insert a triangle.
But if you accidentally put the triangle art asset where the padlock was, it gets changed for you.

It's a minor bug that they're 1) aware of and 2) will fix soon.

Nothing more to fret about.

So, your choices were:

• Click on it and try to move your icons. If they don't move, click it again.
  • Wig out on the forums about it.

Interesting.

Come on champ, I made it pretty clear that I was just griping about the conceptual changes.

Now, if you keep clicking it without looking at the description to see if it's locked/unlocked - that's interesting.

Is there a way to move this FAIL lock button or permanently lock it?

Nothing I like better than dragging my icons off the quick bar in the middle of a fight....and yes, that IS worthy of complaining on the forum because it was fine BEFORE you broke it.

Edited by BrainSmashR

You would assume that professional project leadership and coders could use version management and documentation tools plus some basic testing. Just saying.

Wait, this project has those?

Think you posted on the wrong forum.

Edited by Polebreaker