Valor Rank in Ranked PVP

Shouei

1st I like to say many people already know this but ranked PvP is toxic why? Because true pvpers are getting qued up with Pver's who just hit valor rank 25 jumping in and trying to get that gorgeous cxp.

Okay so lets break down the problem I have with your whole valor requirement.

1. People are coming in fresh off the boat ./stucking in combat to end match faster for cxp for the command exp you introduced took a huge step back wards with that one as I'm sure you have already seen.

2. Valor 25 is not nearly a high enough to do ranked pvp its like none of your people play this game at all cause you can get 25 valor in less then 3 hours.

3. You got known hackers placing top of ratings and you have yet to ban them but dont like video proof sent to you because you condone evidence apparently.

4. You have people afking and win trading but again your doing nothing about it.

5. People just dont care there there for cxp so they could careless about contributing

Here are some solutions that you should have thought about way past time now because i like to give constructive criticism

1. Ranked Brackets if you wanna keep that 25 valor then you need to have valor brackets 25-50 50-75 75-100 like you have for regular pvp. Keep they fresh off the boat people with there own kind and allow those in the 75-100 bracket to drop down if there not getting any ranked pops to 50 -75.

2. Pretty simple anyone afking win trading stuck it banned for ranked pvp entirely across all characters they have.

3. If you dont wanna do ranked valor brackets you need to do either ranked rating brackets or just raised valor requirement to 50 its slightly better because people should know there class by then in pvp.

4. Fix your game so even if do people get out of the map like known hackers are the acid at end of the round touches everywhere.

Edited by Shouei
title

1st I like to say many people already know this but ranked PvP is toxic why? Because true pvpers are getting qued up with Pver's who just hit valor rank 25 jumping in and trying to get that gorgeous cxp.

Okay so lets break down the problem I have with your whole valor requirement.

1. People are coming in fresh off the boat ./stucking in combat to end match faster for cxp for the command exp you introduced took a huge step back wards with that one as I'm sure you have already seen.

2. Valor 25 is not nearly a high enough to do ranked pvp its like none of your people play this game at all cause you can get 25 valor in less then 3 hours.

3. You got known hackers placing top of ratings and you have yet to ban them but dont like video proof sent to you because you condone evidence apparently.

4. You have people afking and win trading but again your doing nothing about it.

5. People just dont care there there for cxp so they could careless about contributing

Here are some solutions that you should have thought about way past time now because i like to give constructive criticism

1. Ranked Brackets if you wanna keep that 25 valor then you need to have valor brackets 25-50 50-75 75-100 like you have for regular pvp. Keep they fresh off the boat people with there own kind and allow those in the 75-100 bracket to drop down if there not getting any ranked pops to 50 -75.

2. Pretty simple anyone afking win trading stuck it banned for ranked pvp entirely across all characters they have.

3. If you dont wanna do ranked valor brackets you need to do either ranked rating brackets or just raised valor requirement to 50 its slightly better because people should know there class by then in pvp.

4. Fix your game so even if do people get out of the map like known hackers are the acid at end of the round touches everywhere.

Same problems that have existed since they introduced 4v4 arena ranked.

Easy fix to imrpove ranked? Get rid of ranked being 4v4 arenas only. Make it as it was years ago, ranked being just a second type of queue offered for pvpers if they wanted to take the wzs "seriously."

Make it so arenas are mixed in randomly just as they are with regs.

Another good thing in doing this is class weaknesses aren't so glaringly obvious when you are in an 8v8. Every class can contribute in 8v8s.

Also, one troll won't decimate the teams chance of performing decently in an 8v8 like it can in a 4v4 where every members actions are magnified in importance and contribution.

Making a 25 valor requirement for a toon to enter ranked is stupid, I didn't know they did this.

Either make it substantially higher where it actually indicates the player is experienced in pvp, or simply remove it because having a low valor requirement is just pretending to do something about the perceived problem of inexperienced players or trolls entering ranked.

As for afks and trading wins, well that would require ingame attention and this game has never offered that kind of support.

I hate to bring it up again, but I just played on a Everquest emu server for a year, and if you petition a cheater or someone trolling, they have unpaid guides that actually will log into the zone and confront the problem ingame.

If an emu server for a 17 year old game can manage to give ingame assistance, how can such a huge game as this not be able to provide the same boggles my mind, but it is what it is.

Honestly, I've seen valor 100 people play like idiots and I've seen people that were fresh max levels do really well.

There is no proper measure that could be used to enforce gating.

You wouldn't notice any difference in todays solo ranked either if they got rid of the valor requirement alltogether.

Honestly, I've seen valor 100 people play like idiots and I've seen people that were fresh max levels do really well.

You wouldn't notice any difference in todays solo ranked either if they got rid of the valor requirement alltogether.

I think the point being made for a higher valor requirement to enter Ranked Warzones is that it would help filter out the PVE crowd that just enters to purposefully lose the match to obtain CXP faster.

You're right, Valor is not a measure of skill nor should it be and Ranked PVP will always be toxic regardless of the eligibility filters put in place.

The single best solution for this imho is making the valor requirement based on legacy. Once you got the Valor level 70 (or 60, whatever level is appropriate) achievement, you're allowed to entered ranked. This way you dont have to grind any Valor on your alts and you'll keep newbies that just started doing PvP out of ranked. Edited by AmarantKando

The single best solution for this imho is making the valor requirement based on legacy. Once you got the Valor level 70 (or 60, whatever level is appropriate) achievement, you're allowed to entered ranked. This way you dont have to grind any Valor on your alts and you'll keep newbies that just started doing PvP out of ranked.

Yes this is brilliant, make it an achievement require. As, lets be honest, if you dont have a single toon at valor 60, you dont belong in ranked.

Can we stop it with the requirements ******** already? We don't need gear requirements, we don't need valor requirements, we barely require a bloody level requirement only because you don't have all your abilities otherwise.

People should just "git gud", and realize that you can't usually achieve 100% winrate because that's not how it should work. Climbing in ranked is about consistency, and statistically the enemy team is even more likely to get bads/trolls than your team is (because you are the one constant in your matches).

I mean, if anything, you should be happy if you have higher than 50% winrate, because (if rating gains/losses worked properly...) that would mean that you are climbing. Actually, the fact that most decent arena players can get 80%+ winrates shows that it is easier to climb in this game than in most others...

Yes this is brilliant, make it an achievement require. As, lets be honest, if you dont have a single toon at valor 60, you dont belong in ranked.

Achievements can also be biased, as one of the few people having 100% PVP achievements i can say that they can be gotten in various ways.

Yeah but the higher the Valor requirement, the harder it is for unqualified people to enter. You can't stop all the idiots, but at least if they have Valor between 75-100, you know they've played a lot of pvp, which is better than some CXP farmer with Valor 25 using /stuck.

If only there was some way to avoid bad players, get a decent team of the composition of your choosing, and ensure that everyone on your team was a veteran of their class...oh wait...there is....group ranked. Solo rank waaaah threads always come from the same people. You want to boo hoo about your teams and say that inexperienced players are killing the queue, but you wont grab a few homies, pop in queue, and compete. You know why? Because your team won't win and you refuse to get better. You're hoping RNGesus gives you a stacked team enough that you get a high rating.

Yeah but the higher the Valor requirement, the harder it is for unqualified people to enter. You can't stop all the idiots, but at least if they have Valor between 75-100, you know they've played a lot of pvp, which is better than some CXP farmer with Valor 25 using /stuck.

I like to play alts occasionally, does that mean I should farm valor 75 on them before doing solo ranked on those?

If only there was some way to avoid bad players, get a decent team of the composition of your choosing, and ensure that everyone on your team was a veteran of their class...oh wait...there is....group ranked. Solo rank waaaah threads always come from the same people. You want to boo hoo about your teams and say that inexperienced players are killing the queue, but you wont grab a few homies, pop in queue, and compete. You know why? Because your team won't win and you refuse to get better. You're hoping RNGesus gives you a stacked team enough that you get a high rating.

What group ranked? You and your 1,5 teams that bother queueing.

Such competition.

Edited by Evolixe

In general, group ranked community is pretty small during last few seasons and built mostly on respect (not queue with Fotm setups) to each other

Is this competetive ?.... doesnt look like tbh

Edited by zhradik

All of this talk about needing valor rank 75+ is ridiculous and insane.

I've been playing the game on and off since launch, but have been playing more on than off since the months leading up to KotFE.

I primarily play 1 character, and I split my time between doing PvP on that character and running the story on alts.

I consider myself to be somewhere between a casual and a hardcore player. When I have a few weeks free I play a LOT, and when I don't, I'll log on for an hour a day a few times per week.

I just now got to rank 75 after 5 years.

Valor rank is not a mark of skill. Valor rank is not a mark of class knowledge. Valor rank is the biggest grind in the entire game.

Gating ranked behind any Valor rank is a bad idea. Gating ranked behind Valor rank 75 is, once again, ridiculous and insane.

You would be cutting off a large chunk of current players from ranked and making it such a daunting grind for new players that ranked, a community that has consistently complained about how small it's population is, will rarely ever get anyone else to join.

What group ranked? You and your 1,5 teams that bother queueing.

Such competition.

2500 characters have at least attempted a match this season. I'm sure that's roughly 5 teams. But to elude to your over exaggeration... Why make a team and compete against other teams when you can RNG it up, hope to get carried, and blame your shiat rating on them. This community doesn't desire a competitive mode, they just want shiny stuff for time spent playing, not where they actually stand among the rest of the competitive community.

2500 characters have at least attempted a match this season. I'm sure that's roughly 5 teams. But to elude to your over exaggeration... Why make a team and compete against other teams when you can RNG it up, hope to get carried, and blame your shiat rating on them. This community doesn't desire a competitive mode, they just want shiny stuff for time spent playing, not where they actually stand among the rest of the competitive community.

And howmany of those 2500 have you seen?

Group ranked in this game is a joke.

It needs a sample size x100 to make me bother. I can't be arsed fighting the same 3-5 teams at my rating all night.

Honestly though if it took you 5 years to get valor 75 you don't PvP much.

I have 5 characters at 100.. and I never used valor boosts on any of them.

As I said in my post, I've been playing on and off for those 5 years. One of those off periods was about 2 years long (so, yes, my 5 years to 75 claim was a bit hyperbolic and should have really been put as 3, my bad).

I also mentioned that when I play, I tend to be somewhere between casual and hardcore, depending on what else is going on in my life at the time.

Putting aside the years that it took me to get to the valor rank I'm at, however, let's just look at the last month.

During the last month, I've been closer to the hardcore end of the spectrum than the casual. I've been playing 3 to 5 hours a day, every day, all month long. In general, about 2 hours of that has been PvP and nothing but PvP.

In that time (30 days x 2 hours/day = 60 hours), I've gone from valor rank 67 to valor rank 76. 9 ranks in 60 hours.

Add in the other 65 ranks, and it has been a long grind. Which is the entire point that I was making in my post.

Getting valor rank 75+ is a long grind. Gating a small community constantly complaining about not having enough people behind a long grind is a bad idea.

And as a side note, I understand that I don't play as much as others, but to say that I must not PvP much at all because you have 5 rank 100s and I don't is just ridiculous. I play a variety of content in the game; I don't exclusively do warzones, but the largest chunk of my time has been spent on PvP.

If you don't consider 60 hours in a month spend on one kind of content in one game much, then I don't know what to tell you other than your definition of the word "much" is a bit off.

Yes. And it takes you about the same time to get from 1 to 67. So it's 2 months of PvP experience on 1 character, and if you use boosts.. you could make that significantly shorter.

I don't think asking people to have 2 months of experience is really all that much to ask for to be honest.

As long as it's accountwide, naturally.

Edited by Evolixe

I appreciate the comments the problem with group pvp ranked is no one does it you could sit in que for hours and not get a pop because rarely do people do when you can just get a instant pop or 5 minutes and ur in a ranked solo warzone

Solo ranked on Red Eclipse is pretty good. Only once i've seen an out of bounds exploiter and never seen stucking or wintrading. GRWZ is a different beast, don't know about win trading but people there know their stuff and play on top of their game.

Returnign previous ranked is garbage imo. They should just add a way to select which warzones you want to play and they should add deathmatch mode and 1v1 warzone.

Edited by Alex_York

• 5 months later...
The single best solution for this imho is making the valor requirement based on legacy. Once you got the Valor level 70 (or 60, whatever level is appropriate) achievement, you're allowed to entered ranked. This way you dont have to grind any Valor on your alts and you'll keep newbies that just started doing PvP out of ranked.

Problem with this is that hitting legacy valor 70 with a commando will let people enter with other classes they might not know how to play. So you would need to allocate the legacy valor to each class and spec. e.g playing sage dps is very different from playing sage healer; only sage healers can share the same valor as sorc healers. It would need to be a class and role valor system.