Will bioware take severe action against players afking / stucking for cxp in ranked?

Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really need to, and it doesn't need to be light punishment either. It needs to be full permanent bans for crap like this, make a full example out of these idiots who think it's funny to ruin other peoples rating and experience for their cxp cheesing.

They really need to, and it doesn't need to be light punishment either. It needs to be full permanent bans for crap like this, make a full example out of these idiots who think it's funny to ruin other peoples rating and experience for their cxp cheesing.

Perma bans aren't even happening to exploiters / hackers in rated. One day-tops if I remember right from musco pvp interview >_>

They destroy the whole rated premise. They're in a lot of matches i play in.

Do what many of us have already done, report the problem to Eric, Tait and CS as an exploit, which it is because they are gaining advantage through a process that is outside what the developers designed the process to be used for.

I'm guessing people caught doing this will be treated in exactly the same way as normal exploiters are. Which means as usual, we probably shouldn't even be discussing it because we are advertising it, lol, which is how we all know to report it, lmao.

So guys, get off your butts, stop talking about it and just report it for what it is.

Anyone who doesn't know how to report cheating can follow the link in my signature on instructions on how to do it.

Do what many of us have already done, report the problem to Eric, Tait and CS as an exploit, which it is because they are gaining advantage through a process that is outside what the developers designed the process to be used for.

I'm guessing people caught doing this will be treated in exactly the same way as normal exploiters are. Which means as usual, we probably shouldn't even be discussing it because we are advertising it, lol, which is how we all know to report it, lmao.

So guys, get off your butts, stop talking about it and just report it for what it is.

Anyone who doesn't know how to report cheating can follow the link in my signature on instructions on how to do it.

Agreed reporting this type of behavior needs to happen, hopefully to a degree they are forced to deal with it.

That said I really think BW need to look into content specific bans. It seems fairly clear they are not fond of banning people permanently or for any length of time from the game entirely....

I suspect they consider it "cutting off their nose to spite their face" on the other hand they don't seem to mind if people are playing the game with very limited new content.

So start removing access to the area which the player has behaved poorly. In the case of Ranked maybe something like:

1st offence ban for the rest of the season...

2nd offense permanent ban from that type of content...

It seems with the F2P model they are already equipped to exclude specific types of content for a single account....so use it.

Edited by Soljin

if they would change the rng to a fair one,

nobody would do this.

Incentives for arena and performance cxp reward simply has to be reworked.

1: Provide truly decent and good looking rewards ( I know this is subjective, but...). Some for participation (black-silver crystal) and exclusive gear sets (high ranks). They surely can spare something from the cartel market. This will make many people want to queue for arenas. Whats' the point of queing if there no unique rewards for your dedication?

2. Reduce losing cxp severely so that people will have more incentive to win matches and farming rated by /stuck or afking will be inefficient.

3. Turn current season into pre-season until balance and farming issues are sorted out. :l

The solution will be to nerf the **** out of PVP CXP for a loss. But please, keep complaining.

Here is part of what I wrote to Eric when I pm'd him about the situation. I also offered him some idea, let's hope they go with a more restrained one.

"But please do not Nerf Ranked for winning matches", I still think that is a ledgitmate way to obtain the current points because it is supposed to be a harder part of the game and nerfing it will kill the queue for ledgitmate players of ranked.

Some suggestions to fix the exploit issue have been -

Reduce the amount of CXP for a loss to half or less than it is now. Make it less appealing and time consuming to try and farm this way.

Remove CXP for a loss

Remove the /stuck feature from Ranked

There are also some other ideas on the forums if you want to look them up.

If you're playing in good faith, a loss takes just as much effort as a win. If you remove or substantially reduce CXP for a loss, you will kill PVP.

Currently a loss gives you about the same CXP as a win in regs. So there is a massive time vs reward incentive for them to be exploiting faster CXP in ranked.

What they need to do is reduce that time vs reward for a loss in ranked so that ithe calculation is the same or slight less for doing a reg match. ie, a reg match can go for 10-15mins. If the current CXP was 500 for a loss, divide 500 by 15 and get 33 CXP per min of ranked time if it's a loss and they don't even win a round. But If they win a round, but still lose, then they can have 300 CXP.

A loss in ranked should not equal the same as doing a reg match. There needs to be a disincentive for not trying or exploiting.

Do we really want them in ranked if they aren't trying or arent ready for Ranked? I say no, it's better they learn to pvp in regs. Ranked is not a training ground for pvp or a farming ground. Let them farm regs if they have to, but I think it will become apparent that soon it will be just as lucrative for the farmers to do pve content instead of afking or not trying in regs.

I have no disagreements with your reasoning, all of your points are sound. I just think they need to look a different enforcement mechanism than removing/reducing CXP for a loss. Punishing people who misuse is important, but I don't think it's as important as rewarding those who do not.

I have no disagreements with your reasoning, all of your points are sound. I just think they need to look a different enforcement mechanism than removing/reducing CXP for a loss. Punishing people who misuse is important, but I don't think it's as important as rewarding those who do not.

But still, don't you think getting the same or higher CXP than a reg win for a loss in Ranked is a bit high?

Not if everyone is playing in good faith, because ranked is supposed to be more challenging. I would rather reward the player who fought in good faith and lost to encourage their efforts, because those are the kind of players we want to encourage and retain for the game's overall health. I agree we need to do something to punish the cheaters, but I would rather err more on the side of letting cheaters slip through the cracks than wind up on the side of discouraging good faith players who came up against a better team.

Not if everyone is playing in good faith, because ranked is supposed to be more challenging. I would rather reward the player who fought in good faith and lost to encourage their efforts, because those are the kind of players we want to encourage and retain for the game's overall health. I agree we need to do something to punish the cheaters, but I would rather err more on the side of letting cheaters slip through the cracks than wind up on the side of discouraging good faith players who came up against a better team.

Unfortunately that is living in a bubble and is not happening and won't unless some changes are made. Even regular ranked players win trade. There is no such thing as everyone playing in good faith

Even if they aren't cheating, there is nothing technically wrong with them not trying. So if a change isn't made, then it will continue.

Plus, if people aren't good enough to win any matches in ranked and are only learning, then they don't deserve a reward like that. They should be in regs. People who are skilled enough to play ranked will win and lose matches and won't really care if they get less CXP for a loss. They aren't there to farm and they know they will get wins to balance it out. If you're not winning matches, you shouldn't be in ranked. I'm not being elitist either, that is just the hard truth,

Again, no argument on your reasoning, but our player base is not exactly accepting of changes as recent history bears out. IMO if folks playing ranked feel like they are being singled out to deal with cheaters, they will quit. Maybe you're right and they don't care about CXP, but given that it directly affects gearing, I have my own doubts on that point. It would be better to valor gate ranked than reduce the reward for a loss. Not as effective a deterrent as what you're talking about, but I am more concerned about throwing out the baby with the bath water than making sure we get rid of all of the water.

Again, no argument on your reasoning, but our player base is not exactly accepting of changes as recent history bears out. IMO if folks playing ranked feel like they are being singled out to deal with cheaters, they will quit. Maybe you're right and they don't care about CXP, but given that it directly affects gearing, I have my own doubts on that point. It would be better to valor gate ranked than reduce the reward for a loss. Not as effective a deterrent as what you're talking about, but I am more concerned about throwing out the baby with the bath water than making sure we get rid of all of the water.

I too would like a higher Valor gate. 70-75 sounds about right. But I still think the amount rewarded for a loss should be less than a win in regs. It doesn't need to massive, but as it stands I've gotten more CXP for losing Ranked than winning regs. Which means if we had a Valor cap of 70, ranked qualified people will still farm CXP if it's too high because they are the same ones who WinTrade. There needs to be a disincentive of some sort as well as a higher Valor gate.

The last time ranked was situated to give the losers of matches nothing, it utterly killed ranked pvp.

The CXP needs to be adjusted so that the cxp gain per minute for a loss in ranked is about the same or less for a cxp gains/minute from a loss in a wz. The gains for winning in ranked vs warzones should also be adjusted a bit, so that a solid reason remains for doing ranked more than regs, but not so much that the cxp per minute end up being triple the amount of winning a wz.

The whole ideology behind CXP is that the player gear up doing the activity that the player chooses to do. Removing cxp from ranked losses means they're not gearing. Having ranked wins giving too much cxp means that people are going to see it as the mandatory way to gear. Either way doesn't work with the dev CXP ideology.

The last time ranked was situated to give the losers of matches nothing, it utterly killed ranked pvp.

The CXP needs to be adjusted so that the cxp gain per minute for a loss in ranked is about the same or less for a cxp gains/minute from a loss in a wz. The gains for winning in ranked vs warzones should also be adjusted a bit, so that a solid reason remains for doing ranked more than regs, but not so much that the cxp per minute end up being triple the amount of winning a wz.

The whole ideology behind CXP is that the player gear up doing the activity that the player chooses to do. Removing cxp from ranked losses means they're not gearing. Having ranked wins giving too much cxp means that people are going to see it as the mandatory way to gear. Either way doesn't work with the dev CXP ideology.

100% agree, good to see someone else can see the big picture

They destroy the whole rated premise. They're in a lot of matches i play in.

well after 5.1 on jan 24th they wont like it when they AFK as the new added gearing will make sure they do not get many Unassembled Components from warzone as this will be based off medals and afking in the corner will earn no medals so that should help a little

Playing any Warzone will earn you Unassembled Components. You earn more based on medals, match outcome, etc.

Turn Unassembled Components into a PvP vendor with a Valor requirement to get an Unassembled Gear piece.

Turn in an Unassembled Gear piece along with Command Tokens (which come from Command Crates) to get that piece of gear.