Self heal...self heal

ufarax

This would get you voted kicked and immediately put on my ignore list.

As for the OP, perhaps you should...I am just spit balling here...do your job and heal them? I really don't understand what your issue is. It is your job to keep people alive. If you are running out of resources between pulls, ask them to slow down so you can regen.

My issue is I have been in FP where everyone is standing around for a sec and dumb asses want me to heal them instead of them using their self heal. Another issue is IF I do heal said dumb *** then tank dumb *** pull again before I have full force/energy back. Then they ***** because someone died when fight started with me at only 1/2 or less energy/force . At that point I just add mentioned dumb asses to /ignore list and leave group

i don't understand the issue... i too just finished lvling a smuggler healer and i do not remember having one issue until red reaper(noob dps and "tank" pull the first 3 mobs all at once and then the tank holds aggro on 1 mob while 15 more instakill me about 8 times in a row, the only time i rage quit in my life). Honestly you should have to throw the tank maybe 1 extra heal after combat is finished and everyone should be a full health. Those low lvl FP's you can easily keep everyone at full heath with just your HoT's and diagnostic scan. My opinion lazy healer being lazy.

And even being a healer and not being the one who pulled the group chance are 9/10 times your going to tank the majority of the adds b/c most tanks are oblivious.

Well, ftp just went live. I'm sure that is the overall cause of your issues. I'm not taking about returning players, i'm talking about the ones who are playing this game and don't know what a jedi is, or at level 19 and haven't chosen an AC yet (yes, this happens). Good luck.

Well, ftp just went live. I'm sure that is the overall cause of your issues. I'm not taking about returning players, i'm talking about the ones who are playing this game and don't know what a jedi is, or at level 19 and haven't chosen an AC yet (yes, this happens). Good luck.

no it isnt the cause. this was a month before it went live. it is the subscribing player base.

the cause is over geared players in a rush to complete content. for myself i have played the hms way before black hole and campaign gear was even a idea. survival meant to heal up after each encounter and to cc. granted there was a few people in full rataka gear but even then they didn't play this poorly. a death then cost about 8-10k credits each or more if better geared. people just didn't tolerate stupid nor wanted to group with them again. the lfd now gives stupid a group and the op is just tired of dealing with them.

Hi

I'm not sure what level you are or what your exact experience have been.

But I've seen a lot of the same things with my healers.

But generally my feeling is players just don't know better.

Lots of people in the game are quite new I find and don't have much experience.

Also many people play dps classes first which means they have little to no understanding of how a group should work. I mean some people doesn't even read chat it seems when you try to tell them something :)

But I must say as you level up things improve dramatically!

My sorc is now lvl 39 and at this point people would even say sorry if they break cc. :)

In anycase people don't learn by magic so its the task of primarily us healers to teach people how to be better:

1. Focus fire (everyone shooting the same target makes a massive difference)

2. don't break CC's

3. don't run into a fight at 30% health :)

4. For the tank to not run away from the healer.

At lower levels I found my sorc needed alot more time to recharge power.

Because I had so little that I used it all quite quickly if having to heal all the time.

Later this gets better and its much easier to just keep running on.

Otherwise if people really irritate you for being dumb then leave group and ignore them.

The game will never put you in group with somebody you ignored :)

There are tons of very very good players around I found. Especially people in there 2nd/3rd characters.

No need to spoil your game time with fools. Afterall its a game, you should be having fun :)

lol

let them die. if they ask you why you let them die, tell them they are being punks and you decided to be one too. i would rather faceroll an fp doing things the smart way (skip mobs, cc, aggro drop etc.) than make a tank or healer work twice as hard for the shortcomings of the rest of the party. if i wanted to work hard a a healer we would be having a dps tank or doing nmec.

i too pass players like you, if you have to CC mobs on FPs(HM), i have done HM FP(have 5 alts, play all roles) without a tank, or a healer, the only time we ever have to CC mobs is when we go 4 dps.

FPs in the game are easy, if you find that hard , this game is not for you

This is not about self heals or CC break, etc, is about players that cant adapt to new circumstances during the fight and after try to put the blame on the rest of the group

learns to accept the opinion of others and stopped reporting people just because you dont like what you read

I agree with others. You're the type of player that makes the game not fun for everyone else AND gives healers a bad name to boot. Please pick another game to play and leave the pleasant people to play this one.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a op healer and several tanks. This is my view on the whole situation, common courtesy, this means dps should be aware of healer limitations and try to minimize incoming damage. This means using defensive cooldowns and staying out of bad **** and healing your damn self between fights. It means keeping **** off of the healer. Good dps know that if the healer dies it's probably a wipe. As a healer I will be more willing to do every damn thing I can to keep people alive if they have respect and courtesy. As a tank i will wait for the healer, mark targets and cc if needed and try my best to lead the group. To me a group that respects each other will try to do the job right and will succeed more than the group who show no respect except for themselves.

I don't mind PUG groups, I don't set rules, but if we were to wipe on a large trash pull or a boss with a lot of adds, and they start asking what happened, I usually tell them what happened, that they didn't aggro the adds that were attacking me. They usually say OK and will watch for the adds next time or I'll call out that the adds popped. I generally try to have the camera view out far enough to see everything that is going on so I know who to heal first. And if they don't listen then they will start saying that I'm not healing enough (even though I just got praise from them for a previous boss uber healing), and rage quit. That's just my thoughts on this topic. Edited by Crsepe

your role is to heal not to make rules, healing in FPs is bored, i can do it in my sleep.

maybe you are a bad healer, i pray to some one breaks CC or i break then, just to make it more fun and more challenging, the only thing the group has to be ready is for boss fight, not because is hard, just not to waste time on a wipe

Put the blame on the other player (pug groups) is a bad excuse

every one has theirs roles, do yours

Team works is a skill much like healing. I can heal any group too, but I respect a healer who can communicate. Not every healer has the same skill set so to assume a healer doesn't have the right to voice his opinions is just wrong.

If I am a tank or dps and my life is depended on my healers ability to heal me, you bet I am going to listen.

In HM FP's while healing I make it interesting

I charge into mobs, get aggro from everyone, pop d cooldowns and heal - I'm always face pulling every chance I get

It's so much fun and the comments I usually get is "That's the funniest fp ive done or" "you certainly are keeping me on my toes"

Stop being a sour kraut and go have fun - but if you suck go unsub

p.s no one ever dies

Riggs you crack me up. You were a noob once, and obviously some one had the patience of a god to put up with your suckiness. And now because you think you are op (lol) that you can look down your nose on some one else. Ha! :p If I were your tank I would find a way to make sure you died. :D

Why won't players self heal. I am currently leveling my operative. Tried boarding party yesterday, had to bail 3 times. Players going into battle at half health. And when they die they ask "where is the healer". I've had it. I now explain my rules of healing, and if they don't follow them...I leave. It's not just the self healing, there is a lack of crowd control. Very few tanks will take the lead...and mark cc's. And some DPS will break them. What the heck is going on?:eek:

My advice is to quit on any team that is giving you a hard time. Your job is not to make up for their ineptness or douchbaggery. You are a f'n healer. You don't need to put up with any noobs crap. A lot of us appreciate a great healer who can talk. You got rules. Lay down the law, because ultimately our lives depend on your ability to work at your best. Maybe one day you will be able to heal through difficult groups, but until then...:)

i too pass players like you, if you have to CC mobs on FPs(HM), i have done HM FP(have 5 alts, play all roles) without a tank, or a healer, the only time we ever have to CC mobs is when we go 4 dps.

FPs in the game are easy, if you find that hard , this game is not for you

This is not about self heals or CC break, etc, is about players that cant adapt to new circumstances during the fight and after try to put the blame on the rest of the group

learns to accept the opinion of others and stopped reporting people just because you dont like what you read

That alone demonstrates that you are unique as a player, and you are the exception not the norm. If the game is that easy maybe you should unsub. Because your advice would cause a lot of pointless whipes. I have run fp without a tank or a fourth dps or even a healer, but I would say I am a fantastic player, but still I would not expect everyone to be at my level.

I have to say, I have mixed feelings about all of this, I've played all 3 roles and so far I have played dps more because I don't like to be blamed when it is the dps's fault when I play my healer or tank. I always try to be at least 80% health before the next trash group and with my healer, I expect other people to do the same. As a dps, I ALWAYS do what the tank and healer say, and if they don't say anything, then a always act my best since queue times for dps are already long enough and getting on the ignore list of the most important roles isn't going to help that. If a healer doesn't like someone, then they can very easily just leave and wait the15 min lockout and get back in another one immediately while the rest are either stuck wait around a half an hour to an hour waiting for another healer or just calling it quits.

Ok ok. This is what i do when i get those horrible groups lke the ones your talking about....

I just heal them best i can really, if they die, then they die. If they blame me, i blame them for doing crappy things. If we wipe on a boss twice then i try to help them, but anything mor than that i just quit. If it gets reAlly bad, use caps lock, threaten to leave, etc.

Why won't players self heal. I am currently leveling my operative. Tried boarding party yesterday, had to bail 3 times. Players going into battle at half health. And when they die they ask "where is the healer". I've had it. I now explain my rules of healing, and if they don't follow them...I leave. It's not just the self healing, there is a lack of crowd control. Very few tanks will take the lead...and mark cc's. And some DPS will break them. What the heck is going on?:eek:

Eh what you are an operative. its soooooo boring in the lowbie fp. just hot everyone, heal with scan/free instant and dps in between. If people arent below 10% they should just move along. You can heal on the move. Do it!

This way you speed the whole fp up.

Edited by Graziell

• 2 months later...
Ok ok. This is what i do when i get those horrible groups lke the ones your talking about....

I just heal them best i can really, if they die, then they die. If they blame me, i blame them for doing crappy things. If we wipe on a boss twice then i try to help them, but anything mor than that i just quit. If it gets reAlly bad, use caps lock, threaten to leave, etc.

I have historically (in other games) always played DPS. No real reason, it is just what I have always done. I just recently started up a Sawbones build just for the hell of it. I am only level 30, but I have a new appreciation for healing now. My once piece of advice from someone who has only ever played a non-healing class, communicate your concerns! I know healer's energy is always an issue, but day to day I simply never thought about it before playing as a healer. I usually assumed that if the healer wasn't asking us to hold up to regen then they were fine to heal us on the move, and I wouldn't self-heal.

If before the battle a healer tells us to self-heal between pulls I always did it. If they didn't say anything I always assumed they had a handle on it. I am not saying this is right or wrong, but that is how I have historically thought.

I have historically (in other games) always played DPS. No real reason, it is just what I have always done. I just recently started up a Sawbones build just for the hell of it. I am only level 30, but I have a new appreciation for healing now. My once piece of advice from someone who has only ever played a non-healing class, communicate your concerns! I know healer's energy is always an issue, but day to day I simply never thought about it before playing as a healer. I usually assumed that if the healer wasn't asking us to hold up to regen then they were fine to heal us on the move, and I wouldn't self-heal.

If before the battle a healer tells us to self-heal between pulls I always did it. If they didn't say anything I always assumed they had a handle on it. I am not saying this is right or wrong, but that is how I have historically thought.

Honestly, unless I'm on a Warrior I always regen between fights anyways to regain my resources. By the end of a trash pull my BH has built up a lot of heat.

It's always a good idea to regen between fights if you're hurt, though. Don't make the healer have to stop to heal you if you can avoid it. The only reason not to is if you're on a stated speed run and everyone knows this.

What else are you gonna do while you stand there after arriving at the next mob while waiting for the tank to pull? If you're not at max, you use that time to heal up. Tank pulling too early is the only excuse DPS have.

The tank on the other hand should be keeping an eye on the healers resources (after all, that's like an extension of his HP bar), and should be able to make a good call on if the healer is keeping up anyway or not. If everyone is pretty much topped up at all times in the fights anyway and you see your healer DPSing because he has nothing to do, you know you're fine and that starting the next fight with slightly less than max HP is fine.

Unfortunately, not everyone does that, or even the basic "is everyone here" check - I've seen tanks start fights while I, as the healer, is FAR behind due to getting delayed for whatever reason (stuck/sudden phone call/someone pulled something else on the way and I stayed to heal them/whatever). Sometimes I've managed to get in range in time to save them, but not always

What else are you gonna do while you stand there after arriving at the next mob while waiting for the tank to pull? If you're not at max, you use that time to heal up. Tank pulling too early is the only excuse DPS have.

The tank on the other hand should be keeping an eye on the healers resources (after all, that's like an extension of his HP bar), and should be able to make a good call on if the healer is keeping up anyway or not. If everyone is pretty much topped up at all times in the fights anyway and you see your healer DPSing because he has nothing to do, you know you're fine and that starting the next fight with slightly less than max HP is fine.

Unfortunately, not everyone does that, or even the basic "is everyone here" check - I've seen tanks start fights while I, as the healer, is FAR behind due to getting delayed for whatever reason (stuck/sudden phone call/someone pulled something else on the way and I stayed to heal them/whatever). Sometimes I've managed to get in range in time to save them, but not always

Oh, I don't disagree with anything you are saying. I was just making the point that if no one communicates a problem, many people assume there is no problem.

• 3 weeks later...
just heal them while moving and then meditate, recharge or whatever yourself. if they don't wait for you just let them be at the HP level they think is good..if you have a good group you can even don't max you before the next pull. when i tank i often max my hp before the next fight, unless i see the healer healing me obsessively..

What I do on my scoundrel is to make sure everyone is healed after the fight. Scoundrel energy regenerates relatively quickly, and it's nothing to make sure everyone has 2 stacks of time-release kolto pack and kolto cloud. Usually gets anyone that wasn't at 100% back up in time for the next fight. If I haven't had time for my energy to regen enough for a big pull, I'll usually tell the tank not to pull. It's pretty easy.