New 40+ year-old Guild <Elders of the Republic>

GotPunkd

Just like the guy that started this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...7&goto=newpost, I'm a 40+ year-old manager for a large manufacturing company in the Pacific Northwest. I suspect that most of my peers would be quite surprised to find out that I play a Star Wars video game.

Based on the responses to that thread, I can see that there are many more business professionals playing SWTOR than I would have thought.

I didn't read through all of the posts, but in the limited browsing that I did do, I could not tell if a guild was created, and specifically if there was one on my server (The Harbinger). So as a result I decided to create a new guild called <Elders of the Republic> on The Harbinger server (Republic side), with the sole purpose to provide a gathering place for other 40+ year-old SWTOR business professionals, like myself.

If you are interested in joining the guild, send me a forum message, or contact me in-game.

In-game contact: InlandSurfer or Vandør (the ø is alt+0248, or just copy/paste it). I'm usually online between 9:00 and 11:00pm PST.

Edited by GotPunkd
Title change

Being around 40 years old just means you grew up with video games. I would be really surprised if no older than 40 year old's played, ofc I might be bias as I'm 40 my self :)

btw du er vel ikke dansk siden du har et ø med ?

Edited by ArgonJapp

• 1 month later...
Being around 40 years old just means you grew up with video games. I would be really surprised if no older than 40 year old's played, ofc I might be bias as I'm 40 my self :)

btw du er vel ikke dansk siden du har et ø med ?

I am 50 going on 51 and have been gaming since 1980 when i bought my atari 2600

I have played nearly it all and still have every disk and cd and DVD of all games I have played.

I have met much older then me playing swtor also

Just like the guy that started this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...7&goto=newpost, I'm a 40+ year-old manager for a large manufacturing company in the Pacific Northwest. I suspect that most of my peers would be quite surprised to find out that I play a Star Wars video game.

Based on the responses to that thread, I can see that there are many more business professionals playing SWTOR than I would have thought.

I didn't read through all of the posts, but in the limited browsing that I did do, I could not tell if a guild was created, and specifically if there was one on my server (The Harbinger). So as a result I decided to create a new guild called <Elders of the Republic> on The Harbinger server (Republic side), with the sole purpose to provide a gathering place for other 40+ year-old SWTOR business professionals, like myself.

If you are interested in joining the guild, send me a forum message, or contact me in-game.

I am 50 and started gaming in 1980 on my atari 2600.

I have played nearly everything. I have all disks Cds and DVDs of every game I have bought plus all manuals and posters :rak_01::D:rak_03::)

I have knowledge of EA that few have. All from the outside watching EAs terror on games and gaming companies.

Len

Hi,

I don't play swtor much, just casually joining in for a week or two now and then. Normally i play LoTRo and i often end up in groups where i am the youngest (i'm 46). Gaming has nothing with age to to tbh. I know people in LoTRo who are 70+ and they still rock the boat:)

Harbinger is an US-Server i think, else i happily would have joined with an alt (or 2:)).

Good luck with recruiting and a nice initiative!

Regards

/T

I am 50 going on 51 and have been gaming since 1980 when i bought my atari 2600

I have played nearly it all and still have every disk and cd and DVD of all games I have played.

I have met much older then me playing swtor also

I held the Europe-record for 'Defenders' on the 2600 console for a week or two back in 82. I would have gotten an even higher score if it would not have been dinner time. I had so many 'smart-bombs', i could clear everything in front of me by just using them...

Thanks for some nice memories Doc:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! I'm a 40-something year old chemist who read the same forum thread as the OP and joined <Elders of the Republic> in December. Over the past half year, "Elders" has continued to be grow as an active guild of Star Wars fans in their early forties to mid seventies. We are a friendly, social guild that runs weekly training operations (Story Mode) and form ad hoc groups that run flashpoints/heroics throughout the week. We have a sister guild on the Imp side, <Elders of the Sith> and have members on The Harbinger most hours of the day.

If you're looking for a mature, active guild that loves Star Wars, enjoys relaxed social interactions, and understands that real life, children, (and grandchildren) come first, please look us up! Our website is currently down as it was targeted by automated spammers, but we're still here! Please be 40+ years old to join. On the Social tab of your interface, enter "Elders" in the search field to find a list of members currently in-game.