Moving SWTOR settings, UI and key bindings to a new PC?

DroidDreamer

I'm moving from a Windows Vista to a Windows 7 system. Going to do a fresh install on that machine but I want to transfer my settings, key bindings, custom UI and other personalizations from my existing setup to the new machine. What do I need to do?

I read on other forum posts that the custom UI files are located in a particular directory -- Users/(username)/App Data/Local/SWTOR/swtor/settings/GUIProfiles -- and are .xml files. I can find and move those. But what about other settings?

I also read that key bindings are server side. I presume that means if I log in on the new PC that my bindings will be saved on a per-character basis on the server, correct? Is that true for other settings? What do I need to transfer?

Your keybindings are definitely saved to server. I'm less sure of settings, but I believe they are, too.

The only thing you should have to do is copy your GUI's XML file (AppData -> Local -> SWTOR -> swtor -> settings ->GUIProfile) over and load it when you log in to your character. That's all I had to do.

edit: You could probably also copy the entire settings folder to load up chat preferences and the like. I haven't tried, but there are files for every character I've created in mine with details like that. Client_settings.ini will handle most of your graphics setting, IIRC.

Edited by ebado

Talked to customer service. They didn't even know about the custom UI transfer. They said I'd have to re-do all of my settings and all of my key bindings. I thought they were stored on the server?

The key bindings will definitely stay. Was playing on a different computer yesterday and I had to redo all the UI customization (I didn't transfer any files or anything), but when I enabled the quick bars my key bindings were all there. And you have to redo all the other settings, too, like the subtitles and everything.