not cool bioware.. not cool. (CC giveaway)

lironBD

They just did the same on facebook, first to claim this code gets 450cc. This is a slap in the face to your loyal fans, its like thowing crumbs at starving masses. Im giving this stupid celebration a miss and you can shove your stupid title that you expect people to pay money for. Its a great game but your treatment of people as nothing but cash cows will lose you your loyal customers

I have already spoken with my wallet after subscribing for over a year i unsubbed after their subscriber appreciation of 500cc i was embarrassed for them now its all about the cash shop and not their loyal players. How hard would it have been to show some real respect for there subbed players an ingame item only subs could have but no that was too much effort for them. Then also they lost our whole family my teenage son and partner through their lack of interest in keeping subbed players no pvp balance no new content for pvp in over 6 months other than a gear change and lvl cap increase we all moved to rift with its 9 warzones 15 man teams and some real balance in what each class can do duel specs etc all the things the players have been asking for. I played a sage dps as my main and got so badly nerfed on the armor rating in last patch so shadows where not op well dont get me started on sentinals doing 10k damage in an area of effect with medium armor and me in light cant even hit 7k hmmm i have the least armor yet i cant out hit a guy in stronger armor hmmmmmmmmmmmm is that balance i dont think so anyway thats my rant

They didn't give away one each, they did it throughout the day. They also gave out several on the forums too.

You guys are angry about giveaways? Wow.... I don't even know what to say about that one. How dare they give stuff away for free, it's so terrible.

LOL, you guys really thought they were going to give everyone free points?

To me it was very clear that it would be a first come first serve kind of deal, which other MMO's have done in the past.

Needless to say I didn't even bother checking FB nor Twitter and wasting my time in a race against a ridiculous amount of people for hours at a time. :rolleyes:

Too True, wow we now have people complaining about "FREE" Stuff

Ahhh yes. It was only a matter of time before someone rolled in here and used the "its free guys so you have no room to complain" or the "they didn't HAVE to do anything you know" bit. I get so tired of this.

No, they did not owe us anything, and had they decided not to do anything I wouldn't care. However, IF you decide to do a giveaway there is a correct way of doing it, and an incorrect way of doing it. Giving out codes on Facebook and twitter to the person who sits there and constantly presses the F5 button is not a well constructed contest. There are many different ways they could have done this giveaway.

One GREAT way I can think of is temporary drops off enemies in game redeemable for 450 cartel coins for example. Stuff like that.

It isn't that simple....I was part of a give away giving out games and time cards for a website at launch. There are many, many laws that have to be followed to do such a thing even when we were giving away free promotional t-shirts, not to mention the rules in place when giving out property with actual monetary value. As it turned out we had to exclude most of the world because we just could follow all the rules and laws. We ended up just with only allowing people in the United States to win and even then we had to exclude some states and some areas within states to comply with all the laws. If facebook and twitter and other social media outlets have this issue covered already, then that would really make them the outlets to use, because researching it on your own with a group, even when you have 3 or 4 lawyers involved make give a ways more trouble than they are worth. You want to blame someone for the ways contest and prizes are handled, look no further than your local, state and/or national government.

It isn't that simple....I was part of a give away giving out games and time cards for a website at launch. There are many, many laws that have to be followed to do such a thing even when we were giving away free promotional t-shirts, not to mention the rules in place when giving out property with actual monetary value. As it turned out we had to exclude most of the world because we just could follow all the rules and laws. We ended up just with only allowing people in the United States to win and even then we had to exclude some states and some areas within states to comply with all the laws. If facebook and twitter and other social media outlets have this issue covered already, then that would really make them the outlets to use, because researching it on your own with a group, even when you have 3 or 4 lawyers involved make give a ways more trouble than they are worth. You want to blame someone for the ways contest and prizes are handled, look no further than your local, state and/or national government.

Yeah, I've heard about some of those - like the one where the winners have the option to demand their prize in cash instead of whatever item you're offering.