Auction needs changing. Badly.

Shaiar

Any more people who tried to buy and sell couple of items on Galactic Trade Network and decided it's better to avoid it completely until Bioware change it?

Well, let's tell them again. I sincerely hope Bioware will make something with the auction, because it pains me to see this powerful option neglected and badly designed.

I like in-game economies. I use auctions and trade systems whenever available. Yet the GTN presents us with hideous options and makes crafting and selling items totally not enjoyable.

Why can't we search for an item by just shift-clicking? Why are we made to choose the types of items we need? Where is the option to make an auction, not just a buyout price? Why can't we filter the result by level of items if you made so many unnecessary filters already?

Continue the list if you wish. I mentioned only the basic functions we lack, while there could be oh-so-many more which are seen implemented in many other games.

Sincerely hoping for the improvements.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like having to go through so many menus it's true. I think it's good to have an option, so that you can find specific things if need be, but there should be a general search, as well as the ability to click an item in your bags and have similar auctions come up.

For example, if I put a mission skill in the sell window, and then tab to the buy window, it should automatically search for whats in the sell window, or if the auction house is open, ctrl clicking will search for items in your bag...

Hahaha, just wait until you find out its regenal also. Cant find mass items until you go back to where everyone is selling, to the main fleet. Other planets dont have as much

Joke? Can't check right now, but, well, it wouldn't suprise me much tbh.

Also, when I have navigated through 500 leg/hand/belt/chest slots to find 1 helmet because I can't search by slot, stop having my window disappear because my crew member comes back from a mission, meaning I have to go back in, set all the limited filters we have and scroll through all the bloody items all over again!!!!

For the most part, I'm ok with it.

There area few minor tweeks I would like, much like those in WoW,

such as filling in the name straight away or shift-clicking the name into the box,

an option to search for specific armor slot pieces (Head, chest, legs) instead of going through everything.

Perhaps a minor edit to how you view it, so clicking rarity would show highest > lowest level moddable first, then once they are listed, highest > Lowest purple and so forth.

Overall, it isn't bad, and I like the fact that you get a mail saying you are going to get more mail XD and besides, it could be a hell of a lot worse (like use real money)

I love this system I like it and can work it fine. I also like the fact its not an auction house.

You see the price you like the price you buy it simple. Auction Houses are a pain in the backside and need to be left out of the game. This MMO has the ability to have a really market involved not some rip off from WOW.

If you want AH's in your game go back to WoW.

I love this system I like it and can work it fine. I also like the fact its not an auction house.

You see the price you like the price you buy it simple. Auction Houses are a pain in the backside and need to be left out of the game. This MMO has the ability to have a really market involved not some rip off from WOW.

Love how "go back to WoW" is everyone's argument to when a large part of the community wants something to be changed for the better. It has a better auction house and also the GTN is an AH. Deal with it

I sell things, mostly patterns and missions i get from slicing.

Usually they sell.

But haven't botered even browsing as the interface is too clunky, hapily i make my own mods (cybertech) and use commendations to buy gear so i don't need GTN anyway.

Also have an alt with 2 companions doing constant underworld trading mission for metals which kinda burns through money ast, but it does make me self sufficient (will level him after i hit 50 and get some semi decent gear set up for myself and my companions).

The current auction house structure is borked beyond repair. It really needs to be completely revamped. How they managed to make it worse than vanilla WoW's, I'll never know. And economy is an integral part of an MMO - and it could be improved so much with so little, that I have to ask myself what the hell they were thinking.

Also, is there any solid reasoning why the auction houses aren't cross-faction? Intergalactic Commerce picks sides, now?

I am finding when my listings expire I get a mail message in my inbox telling me that it has expired and my item and deposit are being returned.

My deposit is included in the mail, BUT my item is NOT returned/attached !!

This is a major problem obviously. I cannot afford to post items for sale and have them VAPORIZED if they fail to sell.

Edited by Silvafox

I am finding when my listings expire I get a mail message in my inbox telling me that it has expired and my item and deposit are being returned.

BUT my item is NOT returned !!

This is a major problem obviously. I cannot afford to post items for sale and have them vaporized if they fail to sell.

Never had that issue myself, I always get the item back as a part of that mail.

But they REALLY need to make the GTN more user friendly. What we have now is a train wreck.

For the most part, I'm ok with it.

There area few minor tweeks I would like, much like those in WoW,

such as filling in the name straight away or shift-clicking the name into the box,

an option to search for specific armor slot pieces (Head, chest, legs) instead of going through everything.

Perhaps a minor edit to how you view it, so clicking rarity would show highest > lowest level moddable first, then once they are listed, highest > Lowest purple and so forth.

Overall, it isn't bad, and I like the fact that you get a mail saying you are going to get more mail XD and besides, it could be a hell of a lot worse (like use real money)

So you're "ok with it" "for the most part" but you'd make all the changes we're asking for plus a couple of your own?

Have you ever seen WoWs AH? It pretty great. ToR took quite a few things straight from WoW (which is what many successful games do; they borrow things that work from other games) , why not the AH functionality?

I do agree where it's not convienent that you have to go through the categories everytime~ I don't mind only having the buyout options though, since i don't think much people will just stare at GTN and place their bids. Anyone I still feel the need of improving the AH =).

Originally Posted by Silvafox

The deposit is attached BUT my item is NOT returned/attached !!

This is a major problem obviously. I cannot afford to post items for sale and have them VAPORIZED if they fail to sell.

Never had that issue myself, I always get the item back as a part of that mail.

But they REALLY need to make the GTN more user friendly. What we have now is a train wreck.

I had three such expired listings this AM. I hoped perhaps if I took the deposit out it would throw the item into my inventory or something, but it didn't (inventory was empty except for a few medpacks). After trying that twice I left the third one just as I received it and submitted a ticket to investigate.

I'm not upset, hiccups in a new MMO are expected, but obviously I will not be using the trade network under these circumstances. It is *broken*.

Edited by Silvafox

Agreed.

Make things searchable PLEASE! It helps both sellers and buyers. If I know I'm buying 'Alien Blood' just let me search for it instead of looking at the other Biomed ingredients. And if I'm trying to sell 'Alien Blood' I'd like to know the going rate quickly so I can get my auction up.

And PLEASE make another filter (yes) for armor slots.. If I'm looking for an upgrade to my gloves only why would I want to plod through pages and pages of helmets, pants, bracers, and chestpieces??? Let me see all of one type of slot so I can compare stats, prices, etc. Of all the filters to leave out this one makes no sense.

Oh and I forgot that the email/letter you get telling you you sold an item should TELL YOU WHAT YOU SOLD! If you don't remember specifically what prices you set for multiple auctions then you don't have a clue which items you sold (and thus don't know you might have to 're-stock' that item) as it currently just says "Your auction was succesful, here's X credits." Edited by Auskoris