Patch 1.2.2 (5/1/12) "Exit Area" disabled duing combat

Justify this, I dare you - I double-dare you!

What are you smoking out there in Austin?! The game has so many stupid bugs-that-cause-death-or-a-wipe that now you see fit to make sure everyone dies when a glitch occurs? Or maybe you don't want to allow out-of-combat resurrection and make the whole damn party wait 5 minutes between each combat rez when SOA bugs out after he's dead, but left a mind trap or ball lightning on the field?

Seriously BW, What Gives? You already made damage interrupt the "casting" of Exit Area, so why go to this extreme?

Edited by Beerswilla

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had a dead due to a glitch after 1.2 came out. SOA is the only one that still might bug out sometimes, but the fight's really easy these days anyway, since the balls do such low damage. Bioware just wants people to pay their repair bills. Really doesn't bother me at all.

Really?........

1. You screw up on a boss fight you deserve to die as punishment.

2. an occasional bug on a few bosses is not justification to allow an escape from all bosses on all fights.

3. Repair bills are incredibly cheap right now.

4. Everyone has to walk back anyways.

5. Grow up.

Edited by Codek

Really?........

1. You screw up on a boss fight you deserve to die as punishment.

2. an occasional bug on a few bosses is not justification to allow an escape from all bosses on all fights.

3. Repair bills are incredibly cheap right now.

4. Everyone has to walk back anyways.

5. Grow up.

Those have NOTHING to do with why this is a terrible idea.

I've bugged, my sons have bugged and my guildmates have bugged in areas before where you couldn't escape without using Fleet Pass or Exit Area. /stuck /sucks at times. Exit Area was ALWAYS a good backup.

This is a foolish addition to a problem that doesn't exist.

I've bugged, my sons have bugged and my guildmates have bugged in areas before where you couldn't escape without using Fleet Pass or Exit Area. /stuck /sucks at times. Exit Area was ALWAYS a good backup.

If youre talking about situations where you are using /stuck, I'll assume you are out of combat; so exit area wills till work. If not, just take the death - ALWAYS a good backup.

Exit area during boss fight may cause him to not reset, effectively blocking raid from reentering.

If you're not in combat, axit area works. If you're in combat, /stuck works almost same way, except repair bill increases.

So only thing that changed - you can't escape repair bill anymore, and have to learn to type /stuck.

If youre talking about situations where you are using /stuck, I'll assume you are out of combat; so exit area wills till work. If not, just take the death - ALWAYS a good backup.

No. I'm talking about bugs where you're continually in combat from something that has fallen below the landscape - the best example I can think of is EV, at the beginning and getting stuck in an escape pod. /stuck DID NOT WORK, ONLY EXIT AREA did.

No. I'm talking about bugs where you're continually in combat from something that has fallen below the landscape - the best example I can think of is EV, at the beginning and getting stuck in an escape pod. /stuck DID NOT WORK, ONLY EXIT AREA did.

I am so lost with you right now.

Didn't they fix they escape pod bug? I'm not sure cause I know the one and avoid it anyways.....

Why were you in combat during the escape pods anyways?

This seems like a very unique situation. Any other examples where you get stuck in combat and can't /stuck for a suicide?

I would also like to include that certain fights still have the ability to leave the fight without taking durability loss if your creative enough with it. ;) Edited by Codek

I don't mind the change. It helps when a boss actually does reset. Clearing trash to a boss again and again is not fun.

I will say though that some of the most fun I've had in Ops has been watching all 16 of us (well, whoever's alive) run around trying to find a hiding spot to Exit before the Boss gets us. :p

As a rule, we don't use exit area on boss fights. We wipe them and zone back in. We've seen exit area lock the instance up too many times. All 16 of us standing outside, but the boss is still in combat and no one can enter.

I am so lost with you right now.

Didn't they fix they escape pod bug? I'm not sure cause I know the one and avoid it anyways.....

Why were you in combat during the escape pods anyways?

This seems like a very unique situation. Any other examples where you get stuck in combat and can't /stuck for a suicide?

Happened to my son just last week on HM and a new 50 in the guild the previous week on Story (16).

And why were we in combat? Happens all the time. Killing the wildlife while we wait for the fight to start or, with 16, someone always starts it up early by running too far up. I assure you, it's not nearly as 'unique' or odd as you seem to think.

Happened to my son just last week on HM and a new 50 in the guild the previous week on Story (16).

And why were we in combat? Happens all the time. Killing the wildlife while we wait for the fight to start or, with 16, someone always starts it up early by running too far up. I assure you, it's not nearly as 'unique' or odd as you seem to think.

EDIT: totally misunderstood your previous post. That sounds like an awful bug.

Edited by namesaretough

Justify this, I dare you - I double-dare you!

What are you smoking out there in Austin?! The game has so many stupid bugs-that-cause-death-or-a-wipe that now you see fit to make sure everyone dies when a glitch occurs? Or maybe you don't want to allow out-of-combat resurrection and make the whole damn party wait 5 minutes between each combat rez when SOA bugs out after he's dead, but left a mind trap or ball lightning on the field?

Seriously BW, What Gives? You already made damage interrupt the "casting" of Exit Area, so why go to this extreme?

Here's why:

Apparently some are playing a diffrent game then others.

About the "an occasional bug", are you serious or just very lucky?

The last week was full of bugs for us

- changing phase in ops after a wipe, so you have to clear trash again (yes you can work around it but once we did not pay attetion, still a bug)

- entering a new ops id with all bosses back, while rest of the group can't even enter

- pilgrim not spawning / unclickable spawn

- Denova last boss, besides the obvious aoe dmg with to much range, we even run into a bug where no bomber spawned after he left his walker, so we could not finish the walker and had to watch him kill us because you CANNOT kill him while the walker still lives.

There are more, but this is just last weeks most annoying and time wasting stuff.

This is crap, Nobody asked for this feature and its not like your going to change it back, you Just keep screwing over people who PVE. all this is going to do is breed elitest attitude I'll tell you i will not longer run operations or Flash points with noobs that are trying to learn an instance. this is an absurd change that nobody asked for. its not like this was game A breaking feature, you already made it cancel if you got hit, which I am fine with but completely disabling it how about when you get stuck in combat? and you cant exit then what? you cant heal, you cant reload, wait 3 days for a CSR to answer your ticket?

we are being punished if we encounter any bugs or even if someone makes a mistake. oh god forbid if bioware makes a mistake and cant produce a Operation or Flash point that is 100% bug free. they still get paid from subscribers.

Fine make this change its not like you listen to your customers anyway. In that case you should have repair cost for PVP just like PVE does. that way is fair across the board why is there no risk in PVP for dying like there is in PVE?

This is a pretty stupid change. Why force death onto the players? They already have a stupid restriction on revives(which is also dumb). At least you have a chance to escape when you know a fight is a wipe, especially when something bugs out.

This is a pretty stupid change. Why force death onto the players? They already have a stupid restriction on revives(which is also dumb). At least you have a chance to escape when you know a fight is a wipe, especially when something bugs out.

I know, right?

This was being exploited by such a small, teeny-tiny minority of ops.

The vast majority of ops were using this legitimately to avoid bugs and glitches.

I see clearly now.

Bioware is just keeping the man down.

Fight the powah!

/sarcasm

TL;DR?

EAT DETH, XPLOITERS!

So, if your whole party is down in EV and you're in a mind trap (this happens frequently), you now have to use /stuck to kill yourself to get out now?

Or wait till reset, yes looks like it. ^^

I must be really bored to consider replying to these....

Apparently some are playing a diffrent game then others.

About the "an occasional bug", are you serious or just very lucky?

The last week was full of bugs for us

- changing phase in ops after a wipe, so you have to clear trash again (yes you can work around it but once we did not pay attetion, still a bug)

- entering a new ops id with all bosses back, while rest of the group can't even enter

- pilgrim not spawning / unclickable spawn

- Denova last boss, besides the obvious aoe dmg with to much range, we even run into a bug where no bomber spawned after he left his walker, so we could not finish the walker and had to watch him kill us because you CANNOT kill him while the walker still lives.

There are more, but this is just last weeks most annoying and time wasting stuff.

Only the last one you mentioned relates to the topic at hand. The last one is also a rare occurrence that I feel is not a justifiable grounds for making an easy escape accessible to all boss fights. the exit area was used 90% of the time simply to just abandon a fight that someone died early on which should not be the intended purpose.

So, if your whole party is down in EV and you're in a mind trap (this happens frequently), you now have to use /stuck to kill yourself to get out now?

*Gasp* your raid wipes and you have to die with them now!?! WTH.