Is there a Star Wars Macgyver?

Wolfninjajedi

Hmm...an interesting question, popped in my head. Wondering if theres a character, that is kinda like Macgyver in some way? Taking ordinary things, and turning them into weapons or gadgets or something?

I know, I know, rather silly but...I mean with all the tech in the Star Wars universe...it would be pretty interesting to have a character like that.

Almost any Underworld/criminal type; Han Solo and Noa Briqualon are the first two who come to mind.

Have they taken ordinary pieces of things though, and turned them into something lethal or useful? Am talking about a character who just does that, who doesn't rely on a blaster or anything of that sort.

Have they taken ordinary pieces of things though, and turned them into something lethal or useful? Am talking about a character who just does that, who doesn't rely on a blaster or anything of that sort.

Han Solo took a broken down old freighter and made her into the fastest ship in the galaxy. Noa Briqualon fought the sword-wielding King Terak with a walking stick...and then went to sell Quaker Oats.

Han Solo took a broken down old freighter and made her into the fastest ship in the galaxy. Noa Briqualon fought the sword-wielding King Terak with a walking stick...and then went to sell Quaker Oats.

Not entirely sure your getting what I am saying here. You know who Macgyver is right? Am talking about using things like, a paperclip to diffuse a bomb.

Or making a trap out of plywood, rope, water jugs, and a smoke detector

Things of that nature.

Why not? With so many different items in the SWU, pretty sure a character could make a lot of interesting things.

MacGuyver is incredibly cheesy on so many levels I just don't even know what to say.

I think it's cool when a character is resourceful with the elements that are around them. However, when they are doing something that is completely ridiculous like defusing a nuclear warhead with a stick of chewing gum and a paper clip it pushes the BS envelope a bit too far for me to stay captivated. Plus mullets are not cool ever.

Edited by Tomb-Stone

Why not? With so many different items in the SWU, pretty sure a character could make a lot of interesting things.

When I re-read your post I gave it a second thought perhaps a character that was very resourceful would be cool in the SWU. I could see something like that working.

It's just that when things get to the "McGuyver" level of impossible resourcefulness that things get cheesy.

Edited by Tomb-Stone

When I re-read your post I gave it a second thought perhaps a character that was very resourceful would be cool in the SWU. I could see something like that working. It's that when things get to the "McGuyer" level of impossible resourcefulness that things get cheesy.

Well ok maybe not exactly like MacGyver, but someone like him is probably what I am suggesting for a character.

Not entirely sure your getting what I am saying here. You know who Macgyver is right? Am talking about using things like, a paperclip to diffuse a bomb.

/facepalm

Yes, and I also know a thing or two about Canon. My point is that, like others have said, a Star Wars MacGyver doesn't exist. The closest you can come is what I listed.

Actually that was Lando that turned that hunk of junk into what it is. Han just won it in a card game.

Actually that was Lando that turned that hunk of junk into what it is. Han just won it in a card game.

not really... most of the real nice modifications were done after Lando lost it... tho technically the nicest one (the hyperdrive) wasn't done by either Lando or Han... Han paid someone to do it

oh and I hate Macgyver...

Edited by Liquidacid