OMG *** CCed Again

Zajfien

anyone else feeling the pain of being CC'ed all the freaking time ? i can't get across hutball without being cc'ed over and over, ugh. then there is the damn fire... cc'ed so i hit my abilitiy to get the hell outta there and wham instant cc'ed in the same spot. i can't kite **** cuz i can't move, slowed, of just raped my jugs/maras.. almost everything i cast has a cast time which gets interrupted so i can't use for 2sec then have to try and get thru the cast time again before it gets screwed up again. omg cc'ed even in the forums :eek: well trying to get them heals out. hopefully BW pulls their heads outta their backsides and do something about resolve Less damn CC more Fight... or kite in my case as a healer :o

"Far too many," is an incomplete statement in my opinion. It should read, "Far to many CLASSES" have CC's. What is worse is their CC's are more effective, specially against us.

We wear the weakest armor in the game and are a ranged class, so they cut Electrocute's rage down to 10 meters? If they can stealth, range is moot at that point they can just come in, stuck you, shoot you in the back with a scatter gun then knock you down then finish the job. DEAD!

Or better yet, since we are supposedly THE CC Advanced class, they give Warriors/Knights all the CC resisters which makes using CC's on them nearly worthless and a waste of Force. If you can cloak you don't have to worry, just patiently wait for their CC Resist buffs to wear off THEN CC them. Since we can't cloak (which is a wussy move anyway), we have to do our best to kite HOPING our dots will some how slow them down.

And fighting cloakers in general? LOL! Warriors and Shadows/Assassins can just quick cloak out (removing their targeting reticle from you) then come right back in and finish the job. Less than half the time when you try and expose their quick cloak, it does NOT work. We HAD a 360 AOE knock back but the cloakers know that and now can just come get us from behind when we lose their target.

When Sorcs got nerfed, it was a bad move. Everyone else was just bad against them or new to the game. So they fix that by nerfing the one thing that would make them better.

And one more point, how sad it is, when Min-Maxing your Sorc, you get out DPSed by a Smash JUGG/GUARD? Did I mention we are a DPS BASED class and they are NOT? Their DPS is NOT supposed to be better than ours, only supplimental in a fight but not superior.

Funny that you would post this here. Us Sorcs have the most CC in the game at the moment. Regardless your conclusion is correct, "less CC and more fight."

Get on it Bioware.

wouldnt assasins have more cc than sorcs?

pretty sure snipers have a stun, an instant aoe ranged mezz and a ranged root too, and a knockback which is 360 degrees and knockback further

pretty sure pts have TWO stuns and a grapple

pretty sure a jugg can root, choke, push(knockdown) and mezz bomb

so no sorcs dont have the most cc

Edited by wwkingms

Let's go through all our CC

We have a slow on force lightning, a slow on top of that, a 2 second 30m root (Just as good as Snipers, since there's breaks on dmg after 2 seconds), instant cast whirlwind (8sec mezz), an AoE Knockback with a root attached, a 3 second stun attached to our Bubble, a 4 second stun, a 2 second stun after Whirlwind, Force Speed (Not really CC, but it's super helpful.) I'm sure there is more, but that's a **** load of CC. If we look at snipers:

AoE Knockback Root, Knockback, Stun, AoE Mez, CC immunity/Leap immunity, 2 AoE slows (one 6 seconds, one 3~), 2 second stun, ranged root, single target slow

We have everything they have except the AoE CC, Leap and CC immunity, and the AoE slows. In their best CC spec (engi) versus our best CC spec (Hybrid) lets compare.

Both have: 4 second Stun, AoE KB with Root, Single Target slows

They have: Extra Knockback (2.5 second channel), CC immunity, 2 second stun, 3 second AoE slow, AoE Mez, Single Target root, Single Target slow

We have: 3 second stun, instant Mez, slow on 12second CD, Slow on no CD (Force Lightning), 2 second stun after whirlwind, Force speed,

In the long run, our CC is pretty much the same, but Engineer isn't played that much anymore. If we compared Marksman to Hybrid, Sorc would have more CC.

There you go, Sorc has just as much if not more CC, as they have more burst CC (instant stuns, slows), while snipers have more set up CC (Cast time knockbacks, roots, Engineer's stuns).

Sorcs have good CC, far better than any melee class.

We have a slow on force lightning, a slow on top of that, cuz that slows smashers from leaping on you :eek: a 2 second 30m root (Just as good as Snipers, since there's breaks on dmg after 2 seconds) , instant cast whirlwind (8sec mezz) if your not healing , an AoE Knockback with a root attached which helps how? by setting up the monkey to do what again :eek: , a 3 second stun attached to our Bubble, a 4 second stun, a 2 second stun after Whirlwind, Force Speed (Not really CC, but it's super helpful.) helps you race right into another cc :cool: I'm sure there is more, but that's a **** load of CC. If we look at snipers:

Sorcs have good CC, far better than any melee class. laughing to hard to respond :D

Gotta say something is still broken

... as sorcs the disrupt on top of the CCs and not being mobile we are screwed... specially against smashers

who can lock you down, jump your %#@, and instantly smack you for 5-7k (more the once if you happen to slip away and draw out the fight)

still sticking with less CC more Fight :rak_03:

We have a slow on force lightning, a slow on top of that, a 2 second 30m root (Just as good as Snipers, since there's breaks on dmg after 2 seconds), instant cast whirlwind (8sec mezz), an AoE Knockback with a root attached, a 3 second stun attached to our Bubble, a 4 second stun, a 2 second stun after Whirlwind, Force Speed (Not really CC, but it's super helpful.) I'm sure there is more, but that's a **** load of CC. If we look at snipers:

AoE Knockback Root, Knockback, Stun, AoE Mez, CC immunity/Leap immunity, 2 AoE slows (one 6 seconds, one 3~), 2 second stun, ranged root, single target slow

We have everything they have except the AoE CC, Leap and CC immunity, and the AoE slows. In their best CC spec (engi) versus our best CC spec (Hybrid) lets compare.

Both have: 4 second Stun, AoE KB with Root, Single Target slows

They have: Extra Knockback (2.5 second channel), CC immunity, 2 second stun, 3 second AoE slow, AoE Mez, Single Target root, Single Target slow

We have: 3 second stun, instant Mez, slow on 12second CD, Slow on no CD (Force Lightning), 2 second stun after whirlwind, Force speed,

In the long run, our CC is pretty much the same, but Engineer isn't played that much anymore. If we compared Marksman to Hybrid, Sorc would have more CC.

There you go, Sorc has just as much if not more CC, as they have more burst CC (instant stuns, slows), while snipers have more set up CC (Cast time knockbacks, roots, Engineer's stuns).

Sorcs have good CC, far better than any melee class.

you're combining trees

u cant have the creeping terror root and knockback root/bubble stun, i immediately stopped reading at your incompetence

snipers are GIVEN a root on knockback, sorcs need to spec it, in addition they can spec there's to KNOCKBACK FURTHER and theirs is a true 360 degree AOE knocback, ours is a cone

snipers are GIVEN a ranged instant AOE MEZZ, sorcs are given a range SINGLE target 2s activation mezz which needs to be spec'd instant

might i add that the whirlwind +2s stun after will nearly fill a resolve bar completely

since we're on the subject of cc let me add that mm snipers can be immune to all cc every 45 seconds, possible the most OP defensive ability in the game

when it comes to CC, DMG OUTPUT, and DEFENSIVE capability the sniper trumps a sorc in every way

rwz teams use forms of dps snipers, u wont see decent teams using dps sorcs

and tbh a jugg has just as much cc, root/interrupt on every charge, root on obliterate, spammable aoe slow, force crush slow, 4s channeled stun (choke), aoe mezz, and a knockdown (push).. AHH but they have twice the burst we do.. makes sense

Edited by wwkingms

Don't be ridiculous about Scoundrel/Operative. Just c'mon - we've been nerfed so many times since launch, it's become literally child's play to counter us (if you know when to use your cc breaker). Just give us a break already...

We can only cc one target for 5.5 seconds in Scrapper/Concealment tree. Unless the target is completely undergeared there's no way we can kill it during that time. Normally (for Healer and Lethality/Dirty Fighting tree) its 4 seconds stun and one aoe blind which is easily interrupted by one attack (the most common situation is when i use AOE stun in a warzone some random smash moneky just cant help it but smash and break it right away - especially frustrating in voidstar). Right now Sage/Sorcerer has superior CC and in stun bubble build is almost unkillable by meele single target classes (if he knows how to play). Not to mention knockback/cc/force speed.

I agree with the point of this topic though. They should limit the number of CC each class can perform and redesign some mechanics.

Don't be ridiculous about Scoundrel/Operative. Just c'mon - we've been nerfed so many times since launch, it's become literally child's play to counter us (if you know when to use your cc breaker). Just give us a break already...

We can only cc one target for 5.5 seconds in Scrapper/Concealment tree. Unless the target is completely undergeared there's no way we can kill it during that time. Normally (for Healer and Lethality/Dirty Fighting tree) its 4 seconds stun and one aoe blind which is easily interrupted by one attack (the most common situation is when i use AOE stun in a warzone some random smash moneky just cant help it but smash and break it right away - especially frustrating in voidstar). Right now Sage/Sorcerer has superior CC and in stun bubble build is almost unkillable by meele single target classes (if he knows how to play). Not to mention knockback/cc/force speed.

I agree with the point of this topic though. They should limit the number of CC each class can perform and redesign some mechanics.

I think we were speaking more towards Back Blast/Stab, Deliberate/DirtyKick, Evicerate(and scoudrel equivalent), flashbang(maybe), Shiv/Whip, death