Pot5 RWZ results!

lordkhouri

Please provide results of rwz's on Pot5 so we can see who is doing what in RWZ's on Pot5!!! This should encourage some fun competition between teams, and help the RWZ community, and PvP in general! Let me know of any teams queuing that I didn't include.

Currently the most successful teams are as follows (party my opinion, partly community feedback)

(7/27/13)

1. Casual

2. Infinite Darkness

3. Clutch

4. Hostile Takeover

5. S Key

6. Ubique

7. Rock Bottom

8. Pkers

9. LD50

10. I AM LEGEND

11. Slackers

12. Unguilded

13. Nuff Said

14. H.E.L.

15. WAR

16. Have a Nice Day

Again, lemme know who I've missed, and if new teams start queuing, they'll get added to the list!

"If you dispute the rankings then call out the guilds you think you're better than" - Xenobia

BTW include rated streams, nothing better than a stream or screenshots.

NOTE (PLS READ): Just because one team has a winning record vs another team does not mean that they have performed better overall, or that they are the better team, performance against common enemy teams is also taken into consideration!!!!

Edited by lordkhouri

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm merely pointing out there are 2 Legend teams, probably with different standings. If anything, this is in your favour isn't it? For example if any guild started posting massive winning streaks against "I AM LEGEND" wouldn't you jump in and say "hold on, those games were against the B team"? Edited by CommunityDroidEN

I was referring to the past 2 weeks.

Either way, I'm merely pointing out there are 2 Legend teams, probably with different standings. If anything, this is in your favour isn't it? For example if any guild started posting massive winning streaks against "I AM LEGEND" wouldn't you jump in and say "hold on, those games were against the B team"?

Yeah, we do have 2 teams. I agree with you, just said that because it seemed that ID have never played against the A team, which is not true, but yeah, you're right.

Edited by JeffSantos

Yeah, we do have 2 teams. I agree with you, just said that because it seemed that ID have never played against the A team, which is not true, but yeah, you're right.

Yea you're right I should have clarified timeline in my first post.

Edited by ParagonAX

Anyway, the whole concept of this is kind of silly. The only way to really quantify who is the best is with the rating system in place, and that can't happen until the real season 1 for RWZ starts, since ratings are so incredibly skewed due to different circumstances of people on their original servers. BW needs to add some seriously kick butt stuff for high RWZ rating too, to give the people that need it a "carrot to chase". PS Bioware, that does not mean recolored versions of terrible looking armor.

The tournament bracket thing is an alright idea, but in practice i think it is too cumbersome to really use. And of those top 5 or so guilds.. honestly most of them are interchangeable. I'm pretty sure that overall ID has a winning record vs every guild on here, although if you want to get really picky and say "well that wasn't our A team", then I'm not sure on a few guilds, because we never see their A team. And conversely, if we start saying that, then many of ID's losses could be chalked up to having 3-4 people on alts or different people in from our normal team, because of R/L stuff going on. We tend to treat RWZ queuing like raiding. We have backups that don't play every night, and maybe are not as good as the persons spot they are filling, but we always try to fill the spot and queue, literally every night of the week that other people are queuing (wtb people queuing on weekends again plz). And obviously a D/C shouldn't count as a loss either.

But mainly, ID is here to test ourselves and increase our skill level and team play. Obviously we want to "be the best" and win, but we don't need a forum post stroking our e-peen to do that. I'd be happy with just saying, "here are the top 5 guilds on POT5 for PvP. We have had great games, epic wins, and epic losses against all of them".

The other thing is, it's hard to get a grasp of your teams skill level vs another teams skill level if you only get particular maps vs them (as in, like when we got 10 hypergates in a row ...). Certain team comps and just teams in general have particular strats for certain maps, and may have an advantage because of their comp / strat on a given map. For example, having 2 assassins, a jugg, 1-2 sorcs, is going to be advantageous in a huttball, but not so much in a novarre or voidstar. Having 2-3 snipers playing doorbital strike spec is nice for voidstar and novarre, but not so much for huttball, etc. A big part of this is also respeccing during WZs. I really wish they would find a way to prevent this (as much as I enjoy playing both Carnage AND Rage), because having 2-3 tanks and 3-4 healers on voidstar defense is... kind of silly.

I don't think that people have played each other enough yet, and strats / counter strats have not been tested and solidified enough to really say "here's a rating of the teams". The maps are so volatile right now - whoever caps side node in civil war first is like 90% more likely to win; whoever lag favors more with ball pickups in Huttball will probably win. 2.4 should alleviate some of this, but nowhere near all of it.

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

I guess Ryan's day at work is going as slow as mine =/. IT.. when it rains it pours.. otherwise expect a drought.

Anyway, the whole concept of this is kind of silly. The only way to really quantify who is the best is with the rating system in place, and that can't happen until the real season 1 for RWZ starts, since ratings are so incredibly skewed due to different circumstances of people on their original servers. BW needs to add some seriously kick butt stuff for high RWZ rating too, to give the people that need it a "carrot to chase". PS Bioware, that does not mean recolored versions of terrible looking armor.

The tournament bracket thing is an alright idea, but in practice i think it is too cumbersome to really use. And of those top 5 or so guilds.. honestly most of them are interchangeable. I'm pretty sure that overall ID has a winning record vs every guild on here, although if you want to get really picky and say "well that wasn't our A team", then I'm not sure on a few guilds, because we never see their A team. And conversely, if we start saying that, then many of ID's losses could be chalked up to having 3-4 people on alts or different people in from our normal team, because of R/L stuff going on. We tend to treat RWZ queuing like raiding. We have backups that don't play every night, and maybe are not as good as the persons spot they are filling, but we always try to fill the spot and queue, literally every night of the week that other people are queuing (wtb people queuing on weekends again plz). And obviously a D/C shouldn't count as a loss either.

But mainly, ID is here to test ourselves and increase our skill level and team play. Obviously we want to "be the best" and win, but we don't need a forum post stroking our e-peen to do that. I'd be happy with just saying, "here are the top 5 guilds on POT5 for PvP. We have had great games, epic wins, and epic losses against all of them".

The other thing is, it's hard to get a grasp of your teams skill level vs another teams skill level if you only get particular maps vs them (as in, like when we got 10 hypergates in a row ...). Certain team comps and just teams in general have particular strats for certain maps, and may have an advantage because of their comp / strat on a given map. For example, having 2 assassins, a jugg, 1-2 sorcs, is going to be advantageous in a huttball, but not so much in a novarre or voidstar. Having 2-3 snipers playing doorbital strike spec is nice for voidstar and novarre, but not so much for huttball, etc. A big part of this is also respeccing during WZs. I really wish they would find a way to prevent this (as much as I enjoy playing both Carnage AND Rage), because having 2-3 tanks and 3-4 healers on voidstar defense is... kind of silly.

I don't think that people have played each other enough yet, and strats / counter strats have not been tested and solidified enough to really say "here's a rating of the teams". The maps are so volatile right now - whoever caps side node in civil war first is like 90% more likely to win; whoever lag favors more with ball pickups in Huttball will probably win. 2.4 should alleviate some of this, but nowhere near all of it.

Don't forget, not every guild has the time to consistently play. Time restraints and real life can really put a hamper on any guild's win/lose record. So, with a ladder system or tournaments, the guilds that have most time will always appear to come of as the best. And of course, guilds with more people will have an edge as well.

I'd also like to see respeccing within a WZ removed. It gets ridiculous even in normal WZs. And, of course, not being able to respec within a WZ can really test a team's ability to adapt.

I enjoy carnage, rage, and annihilation, but, annihilation is generally not a good choice and carnage can't put out the damage rage does. BW really needs to fix quite a few of the specs. It'd be nice if all specs where viable options in WZs.

BW definitely needs to fix WZ cycling. It's definitely broken.

On an added note: I really don't understand why guilds have a strict a and b teams. I mean, it just makes sense to me to cycle out players and give everyone a chance to get better. I mean, people are just going to get frustrated sitting on the sidelines all the time and will probably end up leaving for a guild where they get to do ranked WZs. It also means a guild has the potential to lose a potentially great player.

Edited by Dedrayge

On an added note: I really don't understand why guilds have a strict a and b teams. I mean, it just makes sense to me to cycle out players and give everyone a chance to get better. I mean, people are just going to get frustrated sitting on the sidelines all the time and will probably end up leaving for a guild where they get to do ranked WZs. It also means a guild has the potential to lose a potentially great player.

Because a lot of people put so much emphasis on their record vs other guilds. They would rather not play for an entire week than queue without a single key player, even if they have someone 99.9% as good as that missing player on the bench. Also, because this games rating system is extremely punishing for losses. If I lose one game, I will lose 15-20+ points. To get that back, I need to win 5-10 games. Getting 1 rating per win is a bit frustrating. Plus, at this point, no one is doing ranked for gear. We are all min/maxed, or as min/maxed as we want to be, so playing RWZ is 100% about winning and ego, thus the "We won't queue unless everything is perfect so that we have the highest chance of winning" mentality. It would be like if your football teams star quarter back was out with a broken leg, and your 2nd string QB wasn't as good, you could just 'not show up' to your next game, and it didn't count against you. You could just wait for the 100% optimal conditions for your team, and then play the game with the highest chance of winning.

I guess Ryan's day at work is going as slow as mine =/. IT.. when it rains it pours.. otherwise expect a drought.

I remember only one game between Hostile Takeover and ID..... Hostile Takeover won.

I think Aluvian might have been generalizing/exaggerating a little :p

Indeed I think ID vs. Hostile Takeover is 0:1

In terms of win:loss ratio so far, think we are < Legend A team, > Legend B team, > Clutch, > S Key, not sure about LD50 probably tied in the few we did.

Edited by ParagonAX

I also do think it's hard to take this thread seriously without solid stats. If every team consistently posts the results of all their matches it might work. But till then its all ***** and giggles. Which is good cause drama = lively forums :)

I also do think it's hard to take this thread seriously without solid stats. If every team consistently posts the results of all their matches it might work. But till then its all ***** and giggles. Which is good cause drama = lively forums :)

its just something to debate about and to give people an idea of how teams are playing.... trust me.... next week, this list will look very different.

I dont get this whole A and B team horse ****. If you recruited those guys into your guild they should be able to represent the guild. If you recruit someone into your PVP guild they should be able to jump into the A team if a spot is open. They are representing you as a whole. Sports franchises dont have A and B teams if you rest all your starters and lose under that team logo it goes in the loss column. If you arent proud enough of your members to accept when they lose counting as a loss for your guild then boot them and make them start their own guild. I also like how some of these guild have these magical A teams that dont lose yet also never play.

I dont get this whole A and B team horse ****. If you recruited those guys into your guild they should be able to represent the guild. If you recruit someone into your PVP guild they should be able to jump into the A team if a spot is open. They are representing you as a whole. Sports franchises dont have A and B teams if you rest all your starters and lose under that team logo it goes in the loss column. If you arent proud enough of your members to accept when they lose counting as a loss for your guild then boot them and make them start their own guild. I also like how some of these guild have these magical A teams that dont lose yet also never play.

they recruited too many friends/not top notch pvpers and dont want to kick them all. however if i was put on the b team i would probably quit because of all the stuff you said above, but thats just me. also legend's a team is like hsp--they were the best until they lost key players and dont want to settle for anything but a perfect replacement before queuing again

In terms of win:loss ratio so far, think we are < Legend A team, > Legend B team, > Clutch, > S Key, not sure about LD50 probably tied in the few we did.

I'm not really sure how to express this as I'm not sure what qualifies as I Am Legend's "A and B" ranked team. If we're counting teams that had Cilas on it, then LD is 1:1 against I Am Legend's "A team". If we're counting tag versus tag then we're 6:2 against I Am Legend.

By my recollection we're currently 3:3 against Infinite Darkness, 3:3 against Clutch, 1:0 against S-Key, and 0:2 against Hostile Takeover.

We're currently 1:1 against Watchmen, however in both cases the losing team had a DC early on so we're looking forward to seeing Watchmen again in the near future.

We're also glad to see Unguilded around as they're some cool guys from JC that deserved more rated time than what they were getting. We've only seen them once so far and we're currently 1:0.

Ubique and PKers I'm not sure of actual numbers but I'm 100% sure we're in positive ratios against.

GG's to everyone playing, we came for the competition and haven't been disappointed.

How is Watchmen #8? Who have they beat to rank above Ubique and Slackers? Also, you might want to add Blueprint to the list. They went 0W-5L two nights ago (against PKers, ID, Ubique) so maybe put them above WAR. Edited by revcrisis

Because a lot of people put so much emphasis on their record vs other guilds. They would rather not play for an entire week than queue without a single key player, even if they have someone 99.9% as good as that missing player on the bench. Also, because this games rating system is extremely punishing for losses. If I lose one game, I will lose 15-20+ points. To get that back, I need to win 5-10 games. Getting 1 rating per win is a bit frustrating. Plus, at this point, no one is doing ranked for gear. We are all min/maxed, or as min/maxed as we want to be, so playing RWZ is 100% about winning and ego, thus the "We won't queue unless everything is perfect so that we have the highest chance of winning" mentality. It would be like if your football teams star quarter back was out with a broken leg, and your 2nd string QB wasn't as good, you could just 'not show up' to your next game, and it didn't count against you. You could just wait for the 100% optimal conditions for your team, and then play the game with the highest chance of winning.

Personally, I think that's just sad. I would think people would be doing rank for the fun that can come with a challengingand more intense match. Besides, a person's rating is just a number. At the end of the day it doesn't mean a damn thing. Hell, it's not like there are cool things people can have access to with a high rating.

Thing is with sports is, the teams will continue to play no matter what. After all, if they don't play they can't get to the championship game. Besides, it's always possible for a team to win even if they aren't in optimal condition. It's also possible for the other team to also not be in optimal condition.

Went 1-1 vs Infernal Darkness the only night we were able to field a team. We did have 1 PUG scoundrel ( I believe from Hoth Ski Patrol ... he was LFG on Fleet )

Immortal transfers from Jung Ma