What would make the expansion worth it?

skiibyrd

So many threads out there right now saying this expansion pack is an outrage because its $10 one time fee, that us subscribers have to pay in addition to our monthly sub. What I want to know, for everyone who is complaining about it, is what would, REALISTICALLY, make the expansion worth $10 in your opinion (Please keep them to things that the Dev's add, or include in this expansion in the time they have until its release)

Lets Hope they see this thread, and lets try to give some constructive feedback!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing will ever again, they have broken there word so from this day forth nothing they say can be trusted tobe how the originally stated it. Golden rule of customer service, never lie to your paying customers. Edited by Shingara

until more is known what would make it worth it

(I don't think BW did themselves a favor by stating that few features plus the fact that it will not be on the cartel market)

my main concern is content (as always) so now after a year swtor finally hat just about enough content to give you something to do. now the 5 extra levels come.

with the information given I see the following happening

either they:

-put in no additional content.

-scale the existing content for you to be 5 levels stronger but just not notice it, because karagga also did some quests in the meantime

I would gladly pay for a proper expansion that comes with a proper end game, meaning 2-3 operations 6+ new flashpoints. with the price and scale of the miniexpansion I there might also be option 3

put in 30% new content because its a 30% xpack

I don't know what's the worst solution but they all suck and end up in me leveling those 5 levels in a day and find myself with nothing new to do except 10 new daily quests that would also have been included in a regular update.

if however they put in new level 55 operations (2-3 or one really really big one black temple style with 10+ bosses) and flashpoints (about 6) I am glad.

Edited by macumba

Allowing professions to expand to make items usuable for level 55 characters. These items should be available without group play i.e. either from trainers or daily comms and require re-engineering to create their best stats.

Not re-grading (new NM is ok) existing FP's to the new level.

Allowing professions to expand to make items usuable for level 55 characters. These items should be available without group play i.e. either from trainers or daily comms and require re-engineering to create their best stats.

Not re-grading (new NM is ok) existing FP's to the new level.

Im all for this, I love the crafting for some reason in this game, and would really like some cool, new stuff to craft, and maybe some fun craftable items for vanity, even if they were BOP.

First of all, i´m the oldfasion guy and i like to get a boxed version of the expansion. I´d pay extra for that.

1 planet the size of one of the current big planets isn´t much, but if you expand on the current planets too, then i could live with that. If it´s just one planet then no. Considering the number of planets we got at launch i´d say 3 planets would be fine. 2 planets not so much but i could live with that.

A bit of reshuffeling in talent trees and maybe a new skill. It´s nice and it does feel like it belongs in an expansion, exept if it goes by wow standard, everyone will get new talent trees. Also those who dont buy expansion. Might not happen here, but 2 different sets of talent trees in the same game seems unlikely.

more class story would fit in an expansion. Alternatively a new class with his own story. New race is just fluff, personly i dont care. Since it´s only a 10$ expansion i can live without new chapters in our class story if we instead got a new class. No class story sounds too much like DLC

Also some QoL, some GTM search love, Legacy love (legacy bank ex), quicktravel to spaceship.

Some minigames would be nice, but i could live without it. Barbershop would be nice, Customisation of spaceship, even if only on the inside would be nice. The ability to ask a friendly npc to join your crew so you dont all run with the same companions. Some of this or smilar stuff that´s not so much endgame but helps people not to feel like clones of eachother.

And ofc new FP and OP´s. Since it´s cheap expansion i could live with 2 FP and 1 OP plus some upgrading of current hard modes.

And since there´s more datacrons on this new planet it would be nice with a level 55 matrix relic. And give some love to the tank version relics.

Realistically at the price point

At least the one large planet and maybe 1-2 flashpoints with appropriately placed flashpoint couriers.

New tiers to crafting to match the increased level (preferably trained rather then REed) so that some of the crafting feels a little more worth wild.

Maybe rewards for legacy level since some people are in the 40-50 range now there.

we only recently got a new OP but I suppose one related to the new story content would not be an unreasonable expectation.

Two things:

Meaningful PvP Swoop and Pod Racing

Pazaak

I will be 100% satisfied if they put that into the game

Pazaak was something I meantioned a Long time ago, shortly after this game came out and no one knew what I was talking about, and they thought I was crazy when I mentioned racing... it seems like now WAY more people either played Kotor, or just know about how awesome they were! They were some of the most fun mini games I've played in any game.

Show me where they told you that Makeb would be free to subscribers.

James ohlen said it, you go find it. it was at E3. its been linked here more times then is neccessary so no point me linking again for it tobe ignored..... again. On that note show me where they said it would cost subscribers ontop of subscription. cos you cant and hmm hmm er well dont count.

Edited by Shingara

Bioware never directly stated that Makeb was going to be free. (EDIT: Once, sure. After that they flipputy-flopped)

They did heavily imply through a number of interviews that it would represent the largest Content Patch of the game, ipsofacto, as content patches are not expansions, it was assumed RoTCH would be free.

Promise or no, Bioware set expectations and did nothing to correct them until the announcement.

Horrendous Customer Service, setting appropriate expectations is literally one of the most fundamental aspects of Business-Payee interaction. And they failed.

On to the OP:

As an Expansion I would expect a New Class Story Chapter 4 an expansion of all Companion Arcs, and the addition of at least one (1) new operation and perhaps one (1) new Flashpoint (with HM) per new planet (of which I would like to see 3).

In short, I would like to see a real expansion.

Oh, and I would also want a pre-expansion Balance Patch to be live well before launch.

I would gladly pay $20.00 for that.

I am still undecided if 1-Planet, 5-Levels, and zero-class mission or companion expansion is worth my extra money.

Edited by -IceHawk-

For me? Adding in a player list in the group finder with the desired flashpoints/operations listed (can be icons) as well as chosen role, so I can see what people are queuing for if I want to switch my role.

Adding in things like name change, legacy name change, server transfer, appearance change and a group leader summon tool to the Cartel Store would be the icing on the cake.

New tiers to crafting to match the increased level (preferably trained rather then REed) so that some of the crafting feels a little more worth wild.

This I would love to see. Crafting is great level 1-49 and then at level 50 it pretty much becomes obsolete since you can't craft any of the top gear items. I'd love it if they made the new level 50-55 gear stuff that you could buy the schematics for (with daily comms or credits).

I get that gear grind is a standard in MMOs but I really wish we had the option to either 1) gear grind or 2) schematic grind so you could craft the armors/hilts/mods/enhancements for level 50+ gear just like you could craft high quality (or even BiS) gear pre-level 50.

Well, it seems like we won't get another chapter to our class stories. But if you want to know what I expect for just $10.-

2+ Flashpoints

1 Operation

(not confirmed, though it is confirmed that there will be new end-game content, we just haven't been told yet what it will be)

5 more levels (confirmed)

An additional tier to our skilltrees or an additional skill tree (additional tier is confirmed)

At least one big planet with leveling content (confirmed, including that it's sized comparable to the bigger planets we already have, so hello Taris II)

2-3 new armor models (not just retextures) for each advanced class (not confirmed)

New crafting blueprints (not confirmed)

And I think I'm already pushing my expectations FOR ONLY TEN BUCKS here. But at the same time, I think I'm pretty much spot on with my expectations as well.

Sorry to those expecting a WoW-FotLK size expansion, but that's obviously not going to happen for just $10. It's going to be somewhere between a quarter and a third the size of Fail of the Lich King, which seems perfectly right at just about a quarter of the price. And thank god we're not getting any of those bloody class overhauls.

First of all, i´m the oldfasion guy and i like to get a boxed version of the expansion. I´d pay extra for that.

This sounds like something small, but honestly its something big to me, I really dont care about the 'convience' factor of the digital download personally, what I do like is my big collection of game box's/games, and looking back on them... Its also have every issue of game informer since the gamecube was released, and to me, it would be like if they started going digital only... I like the physical product, something I can keep, and the case and disk (or cartridge) for a game is almost a Souvenir of the game itself. I personally hope that (although i know its the imminent fate of video games, much like the instruction manual which is almost now extinct, since its so much cheaper for the devs to release the games this way, which is probably why SWTOR is doing this) they do continue releasing the boxed version of games, even at a higher price.

James ohlen said it, you go find it. it was at E3. its been linked here more times then is neccessary so no point me linking again for it tobe ignored..... again. On that note show me where they said it would cost subscribers ontop of subscription. cos you cant and hmm hmm er well dont count.

Clearly Ohlen and his statement from like six months ago gave you a lot of stress and sleepless nights, to the extent that you just can't let it go.

PvP class balance being fixed, a world pvp zone with some actual thought put into it. An ELO system and xfaction pvp for rated.... things that should have been in long ago.

I'd also like to see chat bubbles at last- though a smaller thing.

Add in 1 or 2 new ops, 2 or 3 new FPs, have the planet be large- large enough to have 5 levels worth of questing on it.

I'd love to see the super secret space project be part of this too.

So many threads out there right now saying this expansion pack is an outrage because its $10 one time fee, that us subscribers have to pay in addition to our monthly sub. What I want to know, for everyone who is complaining about it, is what would, REALISTICALLY, make the expansion worth $10 in your opinion (Please keep them to things that the Dev's add, or include in this expansion in the time they have until its release)

Lets Hope they see this thread, and lets try to give some constructive feedback!

I'm on the fence with it. If Bioware could just give a little more details, I'd press buy. I need that extra push they refuse to give.