Strongest 1v1 class?

NrOneHero

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marauder/Sentinel followed by Assassin/Shadow and Powertech/Vanguard, Jugg/guardian can do ok, the ranged classes are the 3 weakest.

1v1 is typically about high burst, and powerful (usually infrequent) cooldowns.

Edited by Adzzy

Marauder/Sentinel followed by Assassin/Shadow and Powertech/Vanguard, Jugg/guardian can do ok, the ranged classes are the 3 weakest.

I agree with this pretty much.

Especially marauders/Sentinels are nuts:eek:

Edited by Anelitt

It depends on the environment really, take Sorcerer/Sage for example they are built around control and NEED to abuse LoS. Arsenal Mercs well played are probably one of the best 1v1 AC, Sent/Mara will give the badies trouble because Sent/Mara need very high levels of skill to master...Meaning if you are up against a 'good' Sent/Mara he is not just good, he is phenomenal!

I would say Arsenal Mecs in the hands of a skilled player are the best 1v1 AC.

/waits for the disillusioned Arsenal Mercs about there skill level who think Mara owns them to post.

Edited by Cempa

Hybrid Sorcerer.

My guild holds duel events for our members, and every single week the final match has come down to Sorcerer vs Sorcerer.

However to be fair, we didn't have any Marauders until recently. I'm itching to see how my Marauder fares in one of our duel events now that it's 50.

It depends on the environment really, take Sorcerer/Sage for example they are built around control and NEED to abuse LoS. Arsenal Mercs well played are probably one of the best 1v1 AC, Sent/Mara will give the badies trouble because Sent/Mara need very high levels of skill to master...Meaning if you are up against a 'good' Sent/Mara he is not just good, he is phenomenal!

I would say Arsenal Mecs in the hands of a skilled player are the best 1v1 AC.

/waits for the disillusioned Arsenal Mercs about there skill level who think Mara owns them to post.

What does AC stand for (in this particular case)? :)

Edited by NrOneHero

when you say assasin/shadow only the tank specs for the class are good 1vs1 the full dps tree's for assasin/shadow cant stand toe to toe with anyone.

Hybrid Sorcerer.

My guild holds duel events for our members, and every single week the final match has come down to Sorcerer vs Sorcerer.

However to be fair, we didn't have any Marauders until recently. I'm itching to see how my Marauder fares in one of our duel events now that it's 50.

Do you mean madness/lighning or heal/madness sorcs?

1. maurauders/sentinels gunslinger/snipers sorce/sages

2. juggernaughts/guardians tank specced assasins/shadows

3. vanguards/power techs tank specced

full dps shadows/assasins and full dps mercs and commando's cant 1 vs 1 anyclass unless you heavily outgear the target your attacking 1 vs 1.

Hybrid Sorcerer.

agree...

I play in pure heal spec and I cant kill 1v1 anyone in game who have similar gear or better than me.... I even cannot out heal most of bursts one enemy do to me.... really silly healers mechanic is in this game....totally discriminated. but... in pure dps spec or hybrid.... thats quite different story...so... seems soon warzones will be wiped out from healers...who wanna gather 4 medals for healing if he can gather easly 10+ as dps?....

when you say assasin/shadow only the tank specs for the class are good 1vs1 the full dps tree's for assasin/shadow cant stand toe to toe with anyone.

tank spec better in general warzone play? yeah (with proviso, the dps spec is better suited to highly skilled players except huttball pull = win), better in 1v1? absolutely not.

Drawing the fight out significantly weakens the effectiveness that the application of their survival cds grants them.

Edited by Adzzy

who wanna gather 4 medals for healing if he can gather easly 10+ as dps?....

10+ medals are tank niche, even with Pure shockfrozen water dps are struggling at 8-9, while tanks get tanking medals, dpsers medal, healers (thanks to pure shockfrozen water) and defenders.

I did't see any tank lower than 11 medals (a good ones always at 13) every WZ, but dps even from premades stuck at 9-10 max.

Medal system is flawless, we all know this, but not BW and their "dedicated PvP balance team" :)

full dps shadows/assasins and full dps mercs and commando's cant 1 vs 1 anyclass unless you heavily outgear the target your attacking 1 vs 1.

Not true at all, my Merc/Pyro can totally wreck every class 1v1, ive 1v2'd quite a few 50's also.. what it comes down to is who procs/crits and who doesnt, who has cooldowns up/who doesnt.

If I start a fight with all my CD's up, I usually win 1v1, regardless of if I get jumped or not.

Pyro is very underestimated for the amount of burst it can produce combined with the amount of DOT dmg it can stack ... its FAR better than Grav/Tracer spam and I win 1v1 vs those simply because Aresnal mercs go down if you fight smart and use their lack of mobility against them. As a pyro you LOS the tracer/gav spammer while the DOT's and Time delay do their thing...they cant fight while running..meaning they will always lose to a good pyro in a 1v1 because a pyro will dictate range//LOS by using their snare and DOT them to death in the same way a good sorc will.

As a Pyro you can stack 3 DOT's on someone that tick for up to 2-3k/second in total, then you add in 4k rail/5k thermal/7.5k unload/4k rail/2.5k rocket punch... if everything crits they usually die...if they run, the DOT's often get them unless they DO have large amounts of hitpoints or instant heals/medpack

Marauders/Sentinels are the hardest to deal with for a Merc/Pyro..mostly because thier Defensive CD's can absorb insane amounts of burst and they have more gap closers than a merc has "gap openers" ... so they do very well against "front loaded" ranged damage classes like pyro mercs.

But Marauder/Sentinel is the Mercs "Anti" class... merc has very little it can do to keep a marauder away, and the marauder has more damage in a toe to toe fight so that one is a 60/40 proposition no matter how good the Pyro is.

Overall however I tend to agree with Operative/Smug being the best 1v1, even if Marauder and Sniper both have higher overall DPS... OP/Smug gets to chose when to fight, if they are played well they will kill any class consistantly, except their "anti" class which happens to be pyro/merc and the corresponding trooper class

Edited by blackadda

Pyro is very underestimated for the amount of burst it can produce combined with the amount of DOT dmg it can stack ... its FAR better than Grav/Tracer spam and I win 1v1 vs those simply because Aresnal mercs go down if you fight smart and use their lack of mobility against them. As a pyro you LOS the tracer/gav spammer while the DOT's and Time delay do their thing...they cant fight while running..meaning they will always lose to a good pyro in a 1v1 because a pyro will dictate range//LOS by using their snare and DOT them to death in the same way a good sorc will.

it's a strong spec, but tbh i think its stronger on a powertech due to the synergy with early points in their other talent trees, machine gunning those 90% armor pen rail shots is pretty damn lethal.

Edited by Adzzy

pretty much this. In a duel with no pillars or terrain, the range classes are pretty weak.

The strongest class by far is the sentinel, then shadows, then scoundrels.

it's a strong spec, but tbh i think its stronger on a powertech due to the synergy with early points in their other talent trees

Turns and roundabouts..

Merc gets 2 guns... Double the chance to proc combustable gas cyl.. which in turn boosts the unload dmg if its on the victim and mitigates downtime because the big enemy of all Bountyhunters is HEAT buildup (pyro merc spams normal attacks for 1k+1.15k DOT while heat recovers)

Merc also gets a couple of nice boosts from bodyguard/arsenal which synergise well with pyrotech..

From arsenal +aim,bonus missile dmg (makes fusion and incindiary missiles pretty beastly) +bonus crit dmg to unload

From bodyguard +crit and bonus to all, +16 heat reduction (less downtime, great synergy with rapid venting which reduces vent heat CD)

Add to the above.. self healing.

I havnt played Powertech/Pyro to compare...but i dont think theres a massive diff in the 2 for pyro specs, different skills(missiles or range) become more prominant depending on which adv class is chosen...

Edited by blackadda

I havnt played Powertech/Pyro to compare...but i dont think theres a massive diff in the 2 for pyro specs, different skills(missiles or range) become more prominant depending on which adv class is chosen...

the interrupt and better crowd control is probably the biggest difference.

I should also mention the 25% crit for 15 seconds pt's get is stupidly good for 1v1

And it's a very big difference.

Edited by Adzzy