Broken Codex + Broken Achievements = Broken Lore and Broken Gameplay

freek_ish

Bioware,

Firstly, and most importantly, we are your subscribers and cartel pack buyers.

Story and Lore are the best aspects of SWTOR. This is universally agreed upon by your fan base, your developer peers, and players around the world. Why, then, would you not put a MUCH greater effort into fixing the player experience of story and lore via the codex? When we play the game and reach goals, we want to see that codex tick off. We want to see the achievement granted. We want to read the new lore entry in the codex - IN THE GAME. Not on Wikipedia! Incredibly, we have PAID to be able to read that codex entry in the game. To actually EARN it. We have paid for it, and you have not delivered it.

We appreciate that you have seem to have begun an effort to fix the codex -

But:

Codex *and* Achievements must be addressed, or you should remove the codex if it's un-fixable and focus on the legacy Achievements system instead.

As it stands currently, you have created a legacy system with achievements that cannot be obtained, because many of them seem to rely on codex entries.

THIS AFFECTS GAMEPLAY and enjoyment of the game, and we still resent previous comments and ticket responses from Bioware indicating that it doesn't.

If it's un-fixable, please start over from scratch, or focus on achievements instead.

I'm not using the technical definition for gameplay. I'm saying the lore aspect of the game is broken, and therefore the game is broken. Star Wars lore, achievements, and completion are the reasons many play this game.

But is not the only reason and I disagree with your contention that just because some elements of immersion is broken it means the game is broken. Sorry, to me the game is about stories endgame and PvP. Immersion is really minor to me.

Actually - no. You know what? This is about COMPLETION.

That basically trumps everything you guys are saying.

Bioware has given us a game with goals and achievements that CAN'T BE REACHED.

How is this OK with everyone???

No it really isn't. Not everyone is an OCD completionist. Therefore, most people don't care about achievements.

Story and Lore are the best aspects of SWTOR. This is universally agreed upon by your fan base, your developer peers, and players around the world.

While I'm not sure whether most players really will agree on that...

Why, then, would you not put a MUCH greater effort into fixing the player experience of story and lore via the codex?

...I definitely second this question.

Fix the codex and achievements 100%, BW. Thank you.

• 6 months later...
Good question. One of the many problems with the Achieve / Codex systems. Have you submitted a support ticket for it? If you submit it under 'Bug Report' you'll just get an automated reply, so try a different category.