• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you do the bonus quest series?

Did you do heroics?

Did you do flashpoints?

Did you do space missions?

Did you do PvP?

Most of it is optional, but it is easy to stay above the required level for planets.

Look this is going to be my 3rd charator! The only gap i have issues with is going to quesh.. Every other planet, you can keep in range just by doing the odd warfront and space missions.

I don't do flash points, they take too long to get going, don't give anything in return at all.

Leveling is just too fast, to fanny around with instances and heroics.

This is the 3rd character i have ended up on Quesh, 4-5 lvls lower than the things i am fighting..... The last planet i was only 1 lvl lower than the mobs..

*** have i missed? i followed my story picking up all the little sides quests...

I've never been underleveled for anywhere lol.

I mean I was overleveled for the start of Balmorra before i'd even finished Dromund Kaas. I'm now plowing through greens and greys on Alderaan.

It was even worse on my Jedi Guardian, where I'd done the Ship dailies every day since I got my ship hardly got any experience from Alderaan

This is the 3rd character i have ended up on Quesh, 4-5 lvls lower than the things i am fighting..... The last planet i was only 1 lvl lower than the mobs..

*** have i missed? i followed my story picking up all the little sides quests...

Just a thought NS has level 31 and up quest also.

Look this is going to be my 3rd charator! The only gap i have issues with is going to quesh.. Every other planet, you can keep in range just by doing the odd warfront and space missions.

I don't do flash points, they take too long to get going, don't give anything in return at all.

Leveling is just too fast, to fanny around with instances and heroics.

I don't know if you're just doing like 2 quests per planet or what, but you should be outleveling each planet you go to by at least 2 levels.

You clearly aren't completing your planet story quests cos at that stage I had problems because I outleveled entire planets before I even got to them, and that was doing minimal PvP/space.

I have done this myself, taris I only did the class quest now Im cleaning up Alderaan again at lv36.. Hoth was too hard for me at lv33 when I completed other quests before it, going to try again tonight at lv36

Bit of pvp each day, space quests, bang too high for the planets just naturally

You clearly aren't completing your planet story quests cos at that stage I had problems because I outleveled entire planets before I even got to them, and that was doing minimal PvP/space.

Your play style, is not mine. I just follow the flow of the game! This is the only planet hop, i have issues with! 3rd time, every thing is just missing or evading my attacks.

If you do everything on a planet - class quest line, side quests, bonus quest lines, heroics, flashpoints, the works - you're usually 2-4 levels over the initial quests on the next planet.

Throw in some PvP and space missions and you can be on-level for the second next planet before leaving the one you're on.

So I think simply you've been skipping too much content.

Edited by stjobe

The only way this can be happening is if your skipping all content that requires more than 1 player after all this is an MMO its ment to be played with more than 1 player. If your skiping Heroics (a very big chunk of EXP), FP etc. you will be massivly underleveled. One of our guild members was 5 lvles under his next planet as he mainly played during the very late night due to work. this was on leaving hoth for the next planet and he had skipped all the MP content.

Myself personally I have always been massivly overleveled due to the fact I PVP,WZ,FP. I Hit 50 at the start of the VOSS storyline. There Is no issue with SWTOR not having enough chances to gain EXP, just your not using them. If your gonna avoid the MP content why not just play a SP game?

Edited by Redroth

You're doing something wrong (or trolling) because I skipped the entire planet of Nar Shadda (did class quest only obviously) and I still am a level or two above everything I am fighting. I did quite a bit of PVP and space missions pre-30, but since then I have only done quests and still say that high. I also don't do any heroic quests.

If you were one level below the highest mob on the previous planet, you cannot be 4-5 levels lower than anything on Quesh.

Quesh is a 1 level range planet(level range 36-37). It has around 10 quests total, including your class quest...

So even if you went and found the highest level mob on the planet, you should be AT MOST 3 levels under it, assuming you left the previous planet 1 level under the highest mob/recommended level for class quest. That would be Balmorra or Taris, depending on your faction.

It sounds more like you are skipping some things...

Such as going through all your class quests at the beginning of the previous planet, starting one level under, ignoring all the side quests on that planet. This would DEFINITELY result in the situation you describe, since the previous planet should have a 3-4 level range. You are expected to gain around that many levels before leaving.

Easiest way to check on things... is the galaxy map. When you select a planet(before clicking to travel to it), you can see the expected level range on the details. There are no gaps.

So, only real sequence of events that can result in the scenario you describe is:

Went to Balmorra/Taris at Class Quest level -1. Powered through class quests to get off the planet as fast as possible.

Went to Quesh for class quests and noticed everything was MUCH higher level.

Taris/Balmorra are level range 32-36.

Quesh is level range 36-37.

As many said, there is quite a big jump to Quesh, but yea.

You need to do heroic zones, flashpoints, pvps in addition to all class and side quests and bonus series on planets. IF you do this, you will be fine. If not, You will find Yourself not being able to do a single quest out there.

I personally like this, cause it easily forces ppl to do other stuff but only questing.

What Class are you? are you a stealthing class and do you skip packs onyour way to quest objectives?

I cannot understand this issue, I did no PvP or Space Missions as I levelled. I did every heroic quest I could but not all probably 3/4 of the heroic quests in the game for my faction. I did most of the flash points once while leveling. I did do 70% of the quests on each planet, some I did the bonus in its entirity some I skipped the bonus all together.

I was always 2 to 3 levels above the level of the plant I was on. I cannot relate to your problem.

Edited by Ramaos

I never had any problems like that.

I usually go to a new place 1-2 levels above the required and have never run out of quests.

Even with 0 flashpoints, 0 space missions and only "un-rested" xp, there should be enough if you do the bonus series also.

Your play style, is not mine. I just follow the flow of the game! This is the only planet hop, i have issues with! 3rd time, every thing is just missing or evading my attacks.

I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is then. Multiple people have suggested plenty of ways to keep about the minimum required for any given planet, yet your only response has either been "nah, that's not MY problem" or "that's not my playstyle..."

I get that it may not be your play-style, but that doesn't change the fact that you're clearly shorting yourself here; there is certainly no lack of content. I don't think I've ever gotten to a new planet where my starting class quest wasn't green, on the verge of graying out.

Also, I've done a whole 2 flashpoints and maybe like 2 or 3 days worth of space dailies. That's it. Oh yeah and I have yet to run a warzone, either.

Even if you did only the normal quests, but you did ALL of them(not counting bonus series) you will be roughly even level with your class quests for almost every planet in this game...

You have to seriously skip content and actively avoid mobs to even manage to underlevel yourself.

There is an over abundance of quests for every planet. Without even doing flashpoints or heroics you can level accordingly with your story and planet.

If you stealth thru to quest objectives you are depriving yourself of alot of xp. Every mission has a kill bonus , killing **** is half the fun .

Quesh is lvl 36-37. The planet before is lvl 32-36 (Balmorra for Republic, Taris for Empire).

If you were proper level for the previous planet there's no way you can be 4-5 levels below the next planet unless you skipped almost all the quests. It sounds like you went from Alderaan directly to Quesh