Problem with kiting melee? (Lag issue?)

Rassuro

My problem is that often when I try to kite melee players, even if I am a bit outside of the 4 meter melee range, they can still hit me with melee abilities.

The way that I judge the range is both by simply looking and feeling as if they are too far away, but most importantly, lately because I've had a lot of issues with this I've started paying attention to the range indicator at my targets player frame.

Sometimes I'm having melee attacks used on me when the range indicator tells me that the range to the player which I am kiting is almost 7 meter.

One major issue here (other than making it significantly more difficult to kite as a ranged class) is that even though they are using melee attacks on me, I cannot use melee attacks on them because it says that I am out of range.

I'm definitely assuming that this is in some way caused by lag, likely some issues with lag compensation which causes the game to tell one player that the range is 6.5 meter, but tell the other player that the range is below 4 meter.

What I would like to find out is if this is a problem that most players have, or if there might be something in my connection that makes it this worse? In other games I am not normally having lag issues though.

there is quite a bit of 'rubber banding' caused by lag..this was a huge issue when tor first came out; well that and the general laggy feeling of combat (ability delay ect..). I've been gone for a while and it feels like they have made some improvements.

However several times I have hit my force speed (whatever you call it) and ran away only to be 'jerked' right back in front of the melee because he stopped me with something. And I have also seen a few of my targets run off and than appear back in front of me, where I had stunned them.

I also have a screen shot where I am dead and still have over 2k hit points left, according to my UI anyways.

My game reports I have about 30-36ms latency.

there is quite a bit of 'rubber banding' caused by lag..this was a huge issue when tor first came out; well that and the general laggy feeling of combat (ability delay ect..). I've been gone for a while and it feels like they have made some improvements.

However several times I have hit my force speed (whatever you call it) and ran away only to be 'jerked' right back in front of the melee because he stopped me with something. And I have also seen a few of my targets run off and than appear back in front of me, where I had stunned them.

I also have a screen shot where I am dead and still have over 2k hit points left, according to my UI anyways.

Something they did screwed up the server sync back in 1.3, and it's still around apparently. Attacks that cause roots and knockbacks seem to trigger it on characters that are moving. My latency meter will be a steady 25ms and it will still take a few seconds for the game to recover to the point where it won't stutter when I try to move afterwards.

it is sort of lag, i c it any single wz. sometimes effects doubled, i.e. i can b pushed away by jugg - i c animation "i flying away", but next moment i tele back to my previous position, getting a few hits from some1 and then tele back to the position i was pushed to and getting there a few hits from jugg that already force chrge to me. on hutball running up i can find myself suddenly somewhere down (just in moment/sort teleport) then teleport back to up getting sdome hits from some players and next moment teleport back to somewhere down and get stun there with no players around. moreover sometimes u can not understand where is a guy up or down, since quite often animation shows that the guy jump down, however he didnt he just stay at edge. player that got stun from u can teleport 10m aside making impossible to use yr abilities on him, u can get stun while use yr force shroud, etc etc etc.. any single wz.

and quite often i killing guys with shock (or another instant abilities) being dead, ie right after they killed me (according chat messages) lol..

Edited by yauhen_pt

This, it's getting pretty bad. It disappeared for a while but now it's back. Especially bad with movement improving and hindering abilities like Leaps, Force Speed, Pulls, Knockbacks and roots, also notably bad with the Pit Vents and when someone is running through the fire traps, stunning them is sometimes a gamble, has to be timed 1-2 second before they appear on the ideal spot, otherwise by the time the game picks up your skill use, the player will rubber band backwards out of the fire trap or forwards. It's progressively getting worse and making kiting increasingly more difficult and frustrating; It's almost fallen to the point were kiting depends more on the latency of my opponent and me instead of our skill level, which is pretty bad. :confused:

Edited by LeonHawkeye