What happened to all the Power/Surge

DarthWalt

So over the last 2 months I have rly been focusing on gearing up for end game content. I am rolling a sorc healer atm and all my gear at this point is coluim or better with about 5 pices of BH gear. No before getting to this point I was loading heavy with power/surge mods and enhancements and was doing very well. I would get my crit from implants and ear and willpower as well as the little bit alacrity that came on those items as well.

Now I am feel I am being forced into gearing all crit and lose a ton of power. Nothing combos to power/surge its all power/alacity and crit/surge. Meaning I have lost power gained crit to the point of over kill 36% and way too much alacirty with only a 77% surge. Without having to spend 500-1.5m credits for 1 mod or enhancement is there another way to get these from gear I can swap mods around in?

Or is this how it should be?

So over the last 2 months I have rly been focusing on gearing up for end game content. I am rolling a sorc healer atm and all my gear at this point is coluim or better with about 5 pices of BH gear. No before getting to this point I was loading heavy with power/surge mods and enhancements and was doing very well. I would get my crit from implants and ear and willpower as well as the little bit alacrity that came on those items as well.

Now I am feel I am being forced into gearing all crit and lose a ton of power. Nothing combos to power/surge its all power/alacity and crit/surge. Meaning I have lost power gained crit to the point of over kill 36% and way too much alacirty with only a 77% surge. Without having to spend 500-1.5m credits for 1 mod or enhancement is there another way to get these from gear I can swap mods around in?

Or is this how it should be?

Crit/surge is generally more useful to some builds, and power is nice, but it's far and away inferior to primary stat benefits.

Itemization is horrible for corruption sorcerors. Don't fall into the trap that Force Mystic means that it's the best for you - it's not.

You need the armorings from Campaign/War-hero items, in order to keep the set bonuses. When it comes to Tionese/Columi/Rakata, you need to buy the force-mystic pieces for the set bonuses, and then fill in the mods and enchancement slots with crafted or bought mods and enchances.

When you start earning Black Hole commendations; purchase the 5 Force Mystic Armorings. Then, for each piece of moddable gear you have, buy 1 x Stalker boots, and take those mods and enchancements.

Make sure your crit is near 35 % or so, and stack up on Willpower, power and surge.

Itemization is horrible for corruption sorcerors. Don't fall into the trap that Force Mystic means that it's the best for you - it's not.

You need the armorings from Campaign/War-hero items, in order to keep the set bonuses. When it comes to Tionese/Columi/Rakata, you need to buy the force-mystic pieces for the set bonuses, and then fill in the mods and enchancement slots with crafted or bought mods and enchances.

When you start earning Black Hole commendations; purchase the 5 Force Mystic Armorings. Then, for each piece of moddable gear you have, buy 1 x Stalker boots, and take those mods and enchancements.

Make sure your crit is near 35 % or so, and stack up on Willpower, power and surge.

Since crit and main stats are so important, wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest to complete chapter 2 of the Smuggler/Agent, inquisitor/Consular, and Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior acts for the one hour buffs?

Since crit and main stats are so important, wouldn't it be in everyone's best interest to complete chapter 2 of the Smuggler/Agent, inquisitor/Consular, and Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior acts for the one hour buffs?

Yes, this is a valid point, it is in everyone's best interest to get the quad buff..

Crit/surge is generally more useful to some builds, and power is nice, but it's far and away inferior to primary stat benefits.

Crit has diminishing returns, power does not. You want to get your crit around 35% (including class buff), and then stack the rest in power. Power is not far and way inferior to main stat (willpower in this case), but I do agree that it is better for sorc dps (healing is probably still quite debatable). Power adds more to bonus damage than main stat, albeit very slight.

0.20 bonus damage from each point of main stat.

0.23 bonus damage from each point of power.

However, there are couple things to keep in mind. With the 5% sorc buff and 6% tree buff it puts bonus damage from main stat around 0.22 for each point. Also your main stat increases your crit %. And this is calculated separately from your actual crit rating so it does not run off the same diminishing returns. Sure you could squeeze out a little more bonus damage, but the benefit to crit outweighs it.

I think I read you would have to have main stat around 9000 to start seeing power outweigh it. Again though, the difference is very insignificant.

As for healing, it's 0.14 bonus healing from main stat and 0.17 bonus healing from power (I think these are the right numbers, someone correct me if I am wrong). Again, you have to equate the buffs and the bonus to crit from willpower. I see a lot of healers stack power over main stat though. (I don't heal on my sorc anymore, but on my Operative I tend to lean towards cunning for the extra crit for diagnostic scan)

You want your crit around 35%, surge around 75% (diminishing returns start hitting pretty hard around there). The rest into power and alacrity. Alacrity is a little more important for lightning and healing sorcs than madness sorcs. I had my surge up around 78%/79% for a while with madness. I've since brought it back down to increase alacrity for force lightning, which is >50% of your rotation even in madness.

Crit has diminishing returns, power does not. You want to get your crit around 35% (including class buff), and then stack the rest in power. Power is not far and way inferior to main stat (willpower in this case), but I do agree that it is better for sorc dps (healing is probably still quite debatable). Power adds more to bonus damage than main stat, albeit very slight.

0.20 bonus damage from each point of main stat.

0.23 bonus damage from each point of power.

However, there are couple things to keep in mind. With the 5% sorc buff and 6% tree buff it puts bonus damage from main stat around 0.22 for each point. Also your main stat increases your crit %. And this is calculated separately from your actual crit rating so it does not run off the same diminishing returns. Sure you could squeeze out a little more bonus damage, but the benefit to crit outweighs it.

I think I read you would have to have main stat around 9000 to start seeing power outweigh it. Again though, the difference is very insignificant.

As for healing, it's 0.14 bonus healing from main stat and 0.17 bonus healing from power (I think these are the right numbers, someone correct me if I am wrong). Again, you have to equate the buffs and the bonus to crit from willpower. I see a lot of healers stack power over main stat though. (I don't heal on my sorc anymore, but on my Operative I tend to lean towards cunning for the extra crit for diagnostic scan)

You want your crit around 35%, surge around 75% (diminishing returns start hitting pretty hard around there). The rest into power and alacrity. Alacrity is a little more important for lightning and healing sorcs than madness sorcs. I had my surge up around 78%/79% for a while with madness. I've since brought it back down to increase alacrity for force lightning, which is >50% of your rotation even in madness.

Just wanted to point out that power does indeed have a diminishing return. It is a flat damage increase so it has a mathematically built in diminishing return. Other than that if you don't want to delve too much into the math involved (honestly i did it and the effort vs gain rate is really low) then what you said is spot on.