Revan in Shadow of Revan

ejbsuperbat

I am never understood SoR in my first play through so I did it again to see what I missed, still don't get it.

1: Let me get this straight, after Revan died he died...But did not die? We see his ghost but then fight him. What happened? Then they merge and I am really confused.

2: And bringing back Vitate to kill him forever? Seems very out of character for Revan.

3: Revan never mentions aiding the republic like he does in KOTOR, REVAN, and in the flashpoint. He just wants to destroy all in his path?

Please awnser these questions. Thanks in advance. I am really consused about what happened to my favourite force-wielder.

Edited by ejbsuperbat

I am never understood SoR in my first play through so I did it again to see what I missed, still don't get it.

1: Let me get this straight, after Revan died he died...But did not die? We see his ghost but then fight him. What happened? Then they merge and I am really confused.

During the course of Star Wars history, it is a proven fact that funny things happen when an extremely powerful Force-User dies. For Jedi, this usually means they become a Force ghost, soon before becoming One With The Force. Some Jedi are known to become One With The Force and a Force ghost (Qui Gon Jinn studied this), essentially becoming immortal. I believe Revan, with all his power, managed to do this with the Light side. However, Revan was a master of both the Dark side and the Light side (Kreia calls him "Heart of the Force.") Certain Sith are known to be able to fight off death by using their hatred to retain their body in his or her decaying form. Darth Sion did this in KotOR II, and Darth Vader did this on Mustafar after losing his three remaining limbs and being burnt alive. So to recap: Revan was amazingly powerful in both the Light and the Dark, thus her had the ability to become a Force ghost and retain his body after death. That's what happened, his mind split into two. One Light, one Dark. When they merged, he became whole again.

2: And bringing back Vitate to kill him forever? Seems very out of character for Revan.

How so? We must remember Revan's character when he was the Dark Lord during the Jedi Civil War. He was willing to crush the Republic with his own Sith Empire so that the galaxy would be better prepared for when Vitiate launched his invasion. Remember, who we fought was only Revan's dark half!

3: Revan never mentions aiding the republic like he does in KOTOR, REVAN, and in the flashpoint. He just wants to destroy all in his path?

He did, briefly. During the Legacy of the Rakata flashpoint he explicitly states that the Republic isn't what it used to be, being littered with corruption and weakness. Furthermore, on Rishi, Revan mentioned he had no intention of "destroying everything in his path." He recognized that he was creating a massive sacrifice, but he believed it would be minuscule compared to the death Vitiate would bring.

Please awnser these questions. Thanks in advance. I am really consused about what happened to my favourite force-wielder.

My answers are in boldface. I hope they serve you well!