Would you support being able to change armors colors

Touche

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked having the option to change the color of my armor at whim in SWG. At first it was with kits then eventually they made it so you could do it on the fly. It was also an interesting way to keep track of "strike teams" in PvP. Since the community on Intrepid server was pretty tight we all had established "uniforms" via colors when PvPing. DLE was black armour with a red right sleeve. Good times. :cool: Edited by Urael

I would but only with restricted color options I don't want to see bright pink bounty hunters.

Agree.

I'd be happy if armors came with a few alternate color schemes, and that's it. Unrestricted colors just encourage stupid appearances that make a mockery of the lore. Even unrestricted in-game colors wouldn't be ideal, as Synth and Armor crafting professions are just barely worthwhile now, and rely upon the profit made from different color schemes of various armor. Allowing users to pick whatever color they want would mean that crafters would only be able to sell six or so sets of armor... ever.

For those of you who don't understand: Imagine if you could pick the color of your speeder. Sounds great, but what's the point of running those Level 50 missions to get your red/black/flaming/etc speeder when you can get the same look with any speeder you pick up at a vendor? The different appearance is a driver for the economy and for questing.

Change Colors? Yes. After months since the Blockade Runner came out, they have yet to fix Revan's set. 1.6.1 it became a light grey then a black set of robes, the face mask covering your head with the Mask of Revan no longer matches the robes now because of the change.

Yes, definitely.

Everyone is always so worried about the color pink or other bright pastel colors, but I don't know why. Played WAR and Rift for a bit, and pink/light colors were options and there weren't a lot running around using those colors predominantly :confused:

Edited by beattlebilly

Agree.

I'd be happy if armors came with a few alternate color schemes, and that's it. Unrestricted colors just encourage stupid appearances that make a mockery of the lore. Even unrestricted in-game colors wouldn't be ideal, as Synth and Armor crafting professions are just barely worthwhile now, and rely upon the profit made from different color schemes of various armor. Allowing users to pick whatever color they want would mean that crafters would only be able to sell six or so sets of armor... ever.

For those of you who don't understand: Imagine if you could pick the color of your speeder. Sounds great, but what's the point of running those Level 50 missions to get your red/black/flaming/etc speeder when you can get the same look with any speeder you pick up at a vendor? The different appearance is a driver for the economy and for questing.

Simple, let the armor makers be the ones that make the dyes, paints, and coloring kits. Other than being on an RP server, lore goes to **** in any MMO. Hell, lore went to **** when they made trooper adaptable armor that a sickly looking Inq could wear:p

I'd be in favor of this, if there's one thing I took away from when I played Lotro it was that they had a great cosmetic system in place. The number and shades of dyes, cosmetic slots, and wardrobe (acted as shared storage but for cosmetic-slot only) were great for customization, think each of my characters had a different look 2-3 times a week thanks to it.

I would but only with restricted color options I don't want to see bright pink bounty hunters. Or they could simply improve the color matching system that already exists as well.

I didn't wear the color pink, but there was a few female characters in Star Wars Galaxies that had pink Mandalorian armor and it looked good!

Yes, definitely.

Everyone is always so worried about the color pink or other bright pastel colors, but I don't know why. Played WAR and Rift for a bit, and pink/light colors were options and there weren't a lot running around using those colors predominantly :confused:

The issue there is not that some random person who likes pink would use it but that some Fat Twiliek troll would simply use it to further his own ends. Now besides being a topless fat twiliek he also wears a pink ankle length skirt in eye searing magenta.

Frankly I'd just like secondary colors be available for edits. Keep the primaries as is, but allow the secondaries to swap up some. This would be really cool for a guild of troopers who want to RP with different squads, they all have white armor but different squads have yellow, red, green, etc secondary colors.

Why does everyone hate pink? Can it at least be an accent colour?

I love pink! It's my favorite color! I don't think I'd want to see joke characters running around in pink however. But, I also prefere not to see "lol...look at my attempt at an obviously joke character/concept" period.

That's probably what most other people are fearing as well when it comes to dyes.

I love pink! It's my favorite color! I don't think I'd want to see joke characters running around in pink however. But, I also prefere not to see "lol...look at my attempt at an obviously joke character/concept" period.

That's probably what most other people are fearing as well when it comes to dyes.

Here's what I don't understand: why should one or two people making an arse of themselves for the very few moments of the day when you are likely to see them a good enough reason for people who genuinely like colours like pink or purple to be denied the choice?

Why can't my Sorcerer wear a pink top and black trousers just because someone else might dye their Mandalorian armour pink? How is that even a good reason?

"Oh, I don't want to see it!" How long do you honestly spend examining people as they're stood around the GTN or at the banks getting their stuff together? Does it really honestly matter that someone else might enjoy the colour pink enough that they want to have their character wear it?

What about pastel blue? Too much like a baby?

I love the people that say "not EVERY color, because I don't want to see x, y, or z!"

That's the point in customization, you make your armor the color you like it, and I'll make mine the way I like it. The second you start restricting things because you don't like it, is the moment you become Bioware's Art Department.

Here's what I don't understand: why should one or two people making an arse of themselves for the very few moments of the day when you are likely to see them a good enough reason for people who genuinely like colours like pink or purple to be denied the choice?

Why can't my Sorcerer wear a pink top and black trousers just because someone else might dye their Mandalorian armour pink? How is that even a good reason?

"Oh, I don't want to see it!" How long do you honestly spend examining people as they're stood around the GTN or at the banks getting their stuff together? Does it really honestly matter that someone else might enjoy the colour pink enough that they want to have their character wear it?

What about pastel blue? Too much like a baby?

I'm not saying don't put it in. Hell, I consider most of the people running around in Slave Bikini's to be nothing more than joke characters.

So by that, I see it every day I log in :p

For quite awhile I saw some version of Smurf as a Chiss name every day. Haven't in awhile however.

For a storyline driven game however, and people wanting some sense of immersion in the game, they likely want less of an opportunity for the vastness of players who don't care about the lore or the setting.

But lets be fair. One or two players? I'm pretty sure it'll be more than one or two players. It's not just one or two players running around planet to planet in the Slave Bikini (or is it just a Ebon Hawk thing? Could be different for other servers. I admit, I don't know how it is on the other servers and don't recall seeing it as wide spread on Jung Ma.)

I love the people that say "not EVERY color, because I don't want to see x, y, or z!"

That's the point in customization, you make your armor the color you like it, and I'll make mine the way I like it. The second you start restricting things because you don't like it, is the moment you become Bioware's Art Department.

Since it's not in game yet, isn't the point of this style of thread, to voice one's opinion on the matter? :p

People are afraid they'll see one to many Bounty Hunter running around looking like a clown.

Now mind you, I haven't seen or read every SW piece of fiction, but in what I have read/seen, none went around with a pink chest top, yellow leggings, baby blue belt, with purple gloves, and orange boots.

People are afraid they'll see one to many Bounty Hunter running around looking like a clown..

They already look like clowns. And they looked kinda how you described too before they introduced the color-match.

Besides, if my little sister wants her Jedi to look pink, she shouldn't be able to because a few of you are too macho to see the color pink?

Edited by Primarch_PWnD

They already look like clowns. And they looked kinda how you described too before they introduced the color-match.

Besides, if my little sister wants her Jedi to look pink, she shouldn't be able to because a few of you are too macho to see the color pink?

True enough! And it was one of the worst things ever! Why would we want to see the return of something so aweful?

I should have clarified my comment a little better. I don't mind any colors being in the game but they need to restrict how they can be used. If I can take a dye can color my whole chest piece pink it will look ridiculous and take away style from the game. You need to limit colors to where and how they can be used in the game. Give customization but still guide people to a specific aesthetic.