Just blew $$18 million creds...

Joonbeams

My own fault. I was on the phone, rushing, doing conquest, not paying attention. And bought two stacks of green mats for $9 million each, when I thought I was spending $90K. Never happened to me before. No one to blame but me, solely, squarely. I'm just pissed that I'm one of the suckers who let these frauds fleece easy credits, unearned credits. Took me years of casual play to build that stack - gone in seconds.

Anyway, not asking for any changes. No fixes. No blame but myself. Just venting frustration and disgust.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That actually sucks. I have OCD when it comes to buying things. I check, double check, triple check, and depending what I am buying quadruple check. Every credit lost sticks to my brain like a virus and I'll never forget. I am super cheap like that. Although I drop credits on a crap ton of things, I usually make sure I am getting the cheapest possible price. Considering you are casual I can only imagine how long it took you to make that money. Bummer.

That actually sucks. I have OCD when it comes to buying things. I check, double check, triple check, and depending what I am buying quadruple check. Every credit lost sticks to my brain like a virus and I'll never forget. I am super cheap like that. Although I drop credits on a crap ton of things, I usually make sure I am getting the cheapest possible price. Considering you are casual I can only imagine how long it took you to make that money. Bummer.

Yep. I'm mostly a crafter. So I always thought I would never get scammed because I do exactly what you do - 99.99% of the time! Again, totally and completely my fault today for being distracted. What got me was: a) green items (amorphous carbonite) - usually they try purples, b) stacks of 99 (again, usually they try just a few), c) the mats were priced to look "normal" (~900/mat) and not "too good to be true" and d) a second set of listings that was also ridiculously high, but more obviously so (I think they were 2,700 per mat or something off like that) .

I'm just mostly upset that someone is walking around with these creds while I'm wearing the sucker hat. I hate getting suckered! But yeah, other than you I know most people here couldn't care less. Still needed to vent.:)

My own fault. I was on the phone, rushing, doing conquest, not paying attention. And bought two stacks of green mats for $9 million each, when I thought I was spending $90K. Never happened to me before. No one to blame but me, solely, squarely. I'm just pissed that I'm one of the suckers who let these frauds fleece easy credits, unearned credits. Took me years of casual play to build that stack - gone in seconds.

Anyway, not asking for any changes. No fixes. No blame but myself. Just venting frustration and disgust.

Sucks,

Sorry to hear that.

If you are on Begeren Colony, I can help you earn cash

Sucks,

Sorry to hear that.

If you are on Begeren Colony, I can help you earn cash

Very classy of you. Jung Ma. But I'm good. Still have several millions left that I likely will never use.

It's the "prinicipality" of the situation...LOL:D

That sucks. Sorry to hear it happen to you.

Surely there has to be a better system put in place, so that people don't get bilked of their money. :(

The better system is to either pay attention or not checking GTN with millions of credits in any given character.

I find these situations hilarious quite honestly, and even though I don't resort to this kind of behavior, it's no wonder other people do. It clearly pays off -- assuming the OP is legit of course.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I'm sorry to hear that you lost 18mill.

This is actually a good example of WHY we need some place to store the credits that we don't use other then in our characters pockets.

Edited by Anaesha

It has been said before, a moment of time and you can enter the top amount you are willing to spend on any one purchase. You can also click on price an order it by smallest price to largest price which is what I do no matter what. Perhaps this is why I am not out millions. Yes, ppl are *****, sorry you had to learn that way. :o

The better system is to either pay attention or not checking GTN with millions of credits in any given character.

I find these situations hilarious quite honestly, and even though I don't resort to this kind of behavior, it's no wonder other people do. It clearly pays off -- assuming the OP is legit of course.

Note, I'm not asking for a single change to the system. I own this 100%. And it's legit. I suppose I don't see why someone would come on here and take full responsibility AND make it all up. But maybe that happens. Dunno.

As for finding it funny, I don't get that. The logic is that when someone makes a careless, honest mistake (and fesses up and doesn't cast blame) and loses something (here it's monopoly money), that's "hilarious"? Someone goes to work and forgets just once to lock their house in the rush out the door - dumb mistake - and then comes back to find all their stuff gone, that's funny? Umkay.

It has been said before, a moment of time and you can enter the top amount you are willing to spend on any one purchase. You can also click on price an order it by smallest price to largest price which is what I do no matter what. Perhaps this is why I am not out millions. Yes, ppl are *****, sorry you had to learn that way. :o

Yep. I do this too, 99.99% of the time. I think there are plenty of safeguards in place. This was the classic, careless, not-following-protocol perfect storm. I seriously thought this could NEVER happen to me. Doh!

Someone goes to work and forgets just once to lock their house in the rush out the door - dumb mistake - and then comes back to find all their stuff gone, that's funny? Umkay.

You know you're clutching at straws when you deem necessary to bring up real-life examples.

You lost virtual money, not the keys to your condo apartment. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

You know you're clutching at straws when you deem necessary to bring up real-life examples.

You lost virtual money, not the keys to your condo apartment. :rolleyes:

I said it was monopoly money. :rolleyes:

I'm just trying to understand why even losing monopoly money in this way is "hilarious"? I just don't follow the logic. I spent real (virtual) time and did real (virtual) work for those virtual, monopoly credits. In this virtual world, those credits have some value to my virtual characters. So it's not funny to me, even virtually, that I lost so much virtual work and credit for my own, 100%, careless mistake.

And in the following phrase, you found necessary to bring up a real-life situation, as if both are identical.

Leaving the door to your condo apartment is idiotic, but also tragic -- assuming all your stuff was stolen.

Blowing 18 million credits on the GTN is not tragic. ONLY idiotic.

Why would you care what example OP uses? Playing the game can only be done in "REAL LIFE", so indeed it was a real life happening, the person he wasted those credits on was "REALLY ALIVE" as well.

Personally, I believe the people who run these scams should be beaten in the streets. But if it's any consolation, know that at some point in their lives, they will experience crippling sadness such as to make their euphoria at having screwed you over, be forgotten.

Of course, at some point in your life, you will experience an equally crippling and horrible life event (we all will) as to make losing 18m game credits seem like nothing. But one way or another, they will know pain.

Meanwhile, you have sympathy. The metaphysical state of being screwed over hurts more than losing the credits.

Edited by clearsighted

I'm sorry to hear that you lost 18mill.

This is actually a good example of WHY we need some place to store the credits that we don't use other then in our characters pockets.

I tend to use very irregularly played Alts as a type of "bank", however, you'd think that the Legacy vault would accommodate storage of credits like that as a default feature.

I tend to use very irregularly played Alts as a type of "bank", however, you'd think that the Legacy vault would accommodate storage of credits like that as a default feature.

Yep when GSH was being showcased that was the one thing people wanted but as usual we didn't get what we wanted or needed for that matter.

As said in other threads, they didnt do it to prevent free to play/preferred from using it to bypass the credit caps/no credit transfer rules.

Yes i know people want them to think up and implement all kinds of ways to do this while preventing f2p/preferred from cheating the system, but its just easier and simpler to just keep letting everyone spend 2 seconds mailing themselves credits.

(plus, given they couldnt fix SoR raid bosses in three months, do you really want those grand skills messing with the code in regards to your credits? :p )

Back to the point though, THIS is why I wont buy mats. Zero risk in gathering my own. Yes it might take work, but i know i wont be borked by my own innatentivness.