PvP instances on other servers?

TheRealWoe

So like the title says, I play on Ebon Hawk and I've tried going on PvP instances and literally almost no one ever on. I kind of want to switch to Harbinger because I hear it's a lot more active in all aspects and I'm not one for roleplay anyway, just kind of picked a random east coast server and that server happened to be RP.

Also, does anyone from east coast play on west? If so, how is the ping delay for warzones and is it bearable? I went on Harbinger to see what my ping was and I have around 80-88 consistently.

So like the title says, I play on Ebon Hawk and I've tried going on PvP instances and literally almost no one ever on. I kind of want to switch to Harbinger because I hear it's a lot more active in all aspects and I'm not one for roleplay anyway, just kind of picked a random east coast server and that server happened to be RP.

Also, does anyone from east coast play on west? If so, how is the ping delay for warzones and is it bearable? I went on Harbinger to see what my ping was and I have around 80-88 consistently.

I've never been on Ebon Hawk so I wouldn't know about the PVP population there but if you're having trouble finding people and don't mind a bit of a ping increase you should definitely just transfer your character to Harbinger.

You could also just create a character on that server to look around and see how its looking, then transfer over. Your bigger, more established legacy will override the newer character and you'll know if you want or dont want to spend the CCs on transferring.

There are pvp players on Ebon Hawk but most of them do the warzones. My boyfriend is a pvp player but I am not so he doesn't go to the pvp instances because of that. Some pvp players have friends and guilds they play with and some of those people don't like pvp so they will not go to those instances because of that.

Some others don't go as they want to level their characters without worrying about being attacked but there are some that I have talked to that do play on the pvp instance but not as much as maybe some other servers. So the pvp might be more active elsewhere if you are looking to play in the pvp instances but even that might not be as active as you would like because of the same reasons.

As far as the other stuff it is fairly active. I have never had a problem getting into a group either on my healer or dps for a flashpoint. As far as operations I don't and will not do group pickups due to various reasons especially if I am on my healer. Most that do operations do it with people that they know like friends or guilds.

Edited by casirabit

Ebon Hawk is a traditionally PvE-RP server. As such, I'm not surprised to see the players largely ignore the PvP instance swtich. They are accustomed to PvPing in WZs, not open world.. which is what PvP instancing mimics.

As for which server to find the most open world PvP, take time to check around yourself and see what you like. I'm sure Harbinger is most likely to see active PvP instances, since a lot of PvPers moved from their old PvP server to Harbinger. On the other hand.. open world PvP has never really been a thing in SWTOR.. it's all about the WZs.

Edited by Andryah