Battle of Rishi broken again?

Im just so confused with BW logic.

At first they toned last boss adds down.

Now they returned them to original state.

I don't get it - what was the porpose of this?

I'v already met a few.... who am i kidding? A whole bunch of PUG groups that cannot pass this last boss.

Usually wipes happens becouse of the few reasons:

1. DPS cannot handle adds and they kill healer with crazy amount of dots.

2. As a tank im grab adds and die becouse healer cannot heal me through crazy amount of DOTS.

3. DPS somehow manage to grab adds and dies becouse healer cannot handle crazy amount of dots.

More importantly those dots cannot be cleansed. And this kinda cheating from Bioware.

Fix it, please.

Remove those dots. Or make them available to cleanse.

Becouse in addition to Orbital strikes jumping challenge (you ALL know what i mean) - healing or tanking under crazy damage is a bit too much.

Actually you can cleanse 2 of the DOTs at a time, not that it makes much of a difference.

I have healed this recently on an Operative and on a Sorc. Both times were challenging when the adds came out, but only because DPS took too long to kill them and didn't use enough stuns to control them. It is very doable with a good group. Sadly most pug DPS are just bad.

It's also very RNG heavy.

If you get a pair of golds, you can just CC them and let them get blasted by the AOE pulse during the shield phase.

If you get one pack on a clear edge that doesn't take off running, you can just knock them off.

If you get the large packs on opposite sides of the room with several normals plus strongs that immediately run towards the center in a spread out pattern while pelting the healer from range and stacking dots, good luck.

Also the cross shows what a giant piece of crap the combat engine is server side with the whole needing to jump around like a spaz to keep from eating 35K hits when standing in the clear.

Edited by DawnAskham

If you get a pair of golds, you can just CC them and let them get blasted by the AOE pulse during the shield phase.

If you get one pack on a clear edge that doesn't take off running, you can just knock them off.

If you get the large packs on opposite sides of the room with several normals plus strongs that immediately run towards the center in a spread out pattern while pelting the healer from range and stacking dots, good luck.

Also the cross shows what a giant piece of crap the combat engine is server side with the whole needing to jump around like a spaz to keep from eating 35K hits when standing in the clear.

Pretty much this. The only thing "broken" reall is the rng. If you get two golds, it's a joke. If you get 2 groups of assassin droids that dot you up, it's hard. But still doable.

*sigh*

if your group is bad, it's ok to say: thx guys fro trying, but it's time for me to leave, - and leave. Or alternatively kick the player that causes wipes. I understand it sucks to waste half an hour on a flashpoint and get stuck on the last boss. But it's hard mode, it's suposed to be challenging.

The boss itself is fine, it's not its fault your group was bad.

Quoted once more for emphasis.

Sacrifice a jawa to RNG god before engaging the boss, and you should be fine.

*sigh*

if your group is bad, it's ok to say: thx guys fro trying, but it's time for me to leave, - and leave. Or alternatively kick the player that causes wipes. I understand it sucks to waste half an hour on a flashpoint and get stuck on the last boss. But it's hard mode, it's suposed to be challenging.

The boss itself is fine, it's not its fault your group was bad.

Lets not propagate the quitters mentality please. Its NEVER okey to leave. Not without at least trying to help the culprits. If you keep on wiping after you gave positive formulated advice than you may want to call it a day.

We are dealing with real human beings here, not some virtual avatars. A lot of people seem to forget that nowadays.

And if someone really sees it as wasting 30 minutes than you shouldn't play mmo's. Wipes can happen if you play with other people, live with it.

The DOT can be cleansed, but the regular cleanse only remove 2 dots.

The Sage's force barrier and (I suppose) the Sadow's force shroud can cleanse them all. Some other classes may have smiliar powers (saber reflect?) but it's still limited and has to be precisely timed.

We can predict where the adds are going to spawn with the audio and position, ready to control/debuff them. However you might lag and not see them until too late. Furthermore they can be spawn shortly before the boss casts a barrage.

This fight is such a big lottery because of the adds. And sadly it's the last boss. At least on the Blood Hunt FP, we start with the hardest boss. On the Battle for Rishi, we can clear the whole FP until we get our PUG isn't suited for that last boss.

Lets not propagate the quitters mentality please. Its NEVER okey to leave. Not without at least trying to help the culprits.

I didn't propogate leaving without trying. In fact if you read carefully, what i said was: "if your group is bad, it's ok to say: thx guys fro trying, but it's time for me to leave". You can't say your group is bad without trying. And you can't say thx for trying if you didn't try it with them a couple of times. So I did imply that it's ok to leave after you've wiped a couple of times and didn't see any improvements.

This fight is such a big lottery because of the adds. And sadly it's the last boss. At least on the Blood Hunt FP, we start with the hardest boss. On the Battle for Rishi, we can clear the whole FP until we get our PUG isn't suited for that last boss.

Yes, I hope if they do new hard FPs they keep in mind the general population of the game.

All FPs should have equal difficulty and if not they should be placed in different tiers.

Lets not propagate the quitters mentality please. Its NEVER okey to leave. Not without at least trying to help the culprits. If you keep on wiping after you gave positive formulated advice than you may want to call it a day.

We are dealing with real human beings here, not some virtual avatars. A lot of people seem to forget that nowadays.

And if someone really sees it as wasting 30 minutes than you shouldn't play mmo's. Wipes can happen if you play with other people, live with it.

I'm sorry, but no one tells me what I must do with my time - not you, not randoms in a group.

If the group is working well together and demonstrates a willingness to listen and adapt, as well as demonstrates enough of a basic competency to complete the content, I will try and help.

However, there are times when it is clear the group does not have the basic competency to complete the content, or is not willing to work together / listen to helpful advice and / or instructions.

In such a case, I will leave - politely.

What I will not do is spend an afternoon wiping on group finder content due to bad players.

This is mostly true. When I pug a flashpoint I always try to explain for people who don't know the fight. If a few sentences can prevent wasted time in wiping, all for the better.

However, I have occasionally encountered a group with 0% chance of success or improvement. In those cases I will remorselessly nope out of there as soon as someone face pulls and causes a wipe. My favorite example: Tython with a tunnel vision tank where the DPS and I got agro on every enemy in every trash pull and the tank never taunted. Then on the first boss the tank leaps in before I can even start to explain the fight. He promptly dies to standing in 2 ticks of orbital strike in the first 15 seconds. Even for people who don't know the red circles=bad mmo standard, you'd think he would have gotten the hint after the first giant laser beam out of the sky took half his health. It was one strike too many, so I dropped group and zoned out without even trying to res him.

TL;DR: I frequently enjoy teaching people who have the capacity to learn, but I can't cleanse stupid.

TL;DR: I frequently enjoy teaching people who have the capacity to learn, but I can't cleanse stupid.

exactly. I remember I spent like an hour and a half on Manaan pre nerf with a group. We wiped like 10 times on a bonus boss due to different derps and misfortunes. Then took a break 3 minutes and beat him.

Then wiped a couple of times on last boss. Even though I didn't get anything out of it, sometimes I just enjoy sharing my expertise and helping people through content.

But let's admit it - it's not real fun to progress through content that you're faceroll in your sleep already, especially with a random group of people that you'll never see again. When I join a pug I'd like to have a group with similar experience and skill, so we can understand each other and just get the job done.

This is what I really need to learn to do. The problem I have is I refuse to give up on explaining stuff until the person understands. This usually results in me feeling like I am smashing my head on a brick wall while being told not to tell other people how to play.

I know alot of people who will offer advice, give the fight a try, if it goes wrong offer more and if they still dont get it will leave. That to me is perfect. However I dont like to leave because I feel like a pr*ck for doing so (I am always a tank when I PUG fp's and know how long those poor folks will be waiting) but I dont like kicking people for afew resons:

1. I was new at one point and the only reason I know stuff is because someone told me (or it was obvious, kill order for example), bear in mind though I listen to what I am told unlike pugs.

2. Kicking someone for being slow to learn or listen is harsh, especially if the group is capable of compensating - a guild HM tfb run, only had 7 so pugged the last dps and it was clear he was new but refused to admit it, caused 4 wipes on operator 9, the rest of the guild was annoyed whereas I didn't mind because the 7 of us were able to do the fights ourselves. This guy died on the 3 sith from doom, died on eyeless by turning away and died on terror by meleeing the adds that come running out.

3. On ToFN especially, there is no guarantee the replacement will be any better than the person who was kicked.

So because I refuse to quit or kick what usually ends up happening is either I get annoyed trying to explain to one who wont listen, I get angry because instead of listening they are calling me elitist, the other 2 people quit or the other 2 kick them.

I suppose I ought to learn that some people are just beyond help, but then I remember what I was like at first and think "well someone has to tell them". However the benefit to the way I do things is, if I do manage to get through their thick skull (just because I refuse to give up explaining stuff doesn't mean I like repeating it) then that is 1 less bad in the game.

Edited by BobFredJohn

When I join a pug I'd like to have a group with similar experience and skill, so we can understand each other and just get the job done.

That is why so many ask for achievements before doing content.

This can never be done with groupfinder, so it really is a box of chocolates.

Edited by Icestar

That is why so many ask for achievements before doing content.

This can never be done with groupfinder, so it really is a box of chocolates.

Strange how I pugged BoR sucessfully on the weekend. Except for bonus boss.

Strange how I pugged BoR sucessfully on the weekend. Except for bonus boss.

Sorry about the confusion, I was refering to his statement about similar skill. This is something you can not be sure of with groupfinder. The BoR is doable with a random pug.

Edited by Icestar

Sorry about the confusion, I was refering to his statement about similar skill. This is something you can not be sure of with groupfinder. The BoR is doable with a random pug.

To be honest my pug experience is pretty good lately. I seem to meet capable people and runs seem real smooth. Wait time is what's killing me. Usually only pug on my mara.

Edited by power-alex

First of all, it's purpose and not purpose and second of all, you're just weak pal, suck it up and eat a beer.

Btw if some 1 tries to argument against the eat the beer thing, remmeber it's for shifts.

Edited by TranQullia

To be honest my pug experience is pretty good lately. I seem to meet capable people and runs seem real smooth. Wait time is what's killing me. Usually only pug on my mara.

Yes I even ran into a PUG that managed to do the BH HM last night, that is not something you see everyday :tran_smile:

I found a group for BoR aswell and it went smooth, so I agree with your post :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar

For the last 2 days I cannot complete a HM FP. I am in full 192 with some 198 gear. We always die on that first boss. In rishi

Dying on the first boss? Wow. My guess: the DPS focused one boss down while ignoring the other, and the healer couldn't keep up with the resulting damage increase. Most groups I have seen kill the wookie first, which leaves the bounty hunter boss to begin popping out of stealth and almost one-shotting people. That phase requires a reasonable reaction time from the healer to top people off, and the tank needs to be fast about taunting.

If that's not the phase that killed your group, then I assume people were standing in stupid or not cleansing DOTs.

Dying on the first boss? Wow. My guess: the DPS focused one boss down while ignoring the other, and the healer couldn't keep up with the resulting damage increase. Most groups I have seen kill the wookie first, which leaves the bounty hunter boss to begin popping out of stealth and almost one-shotting people. That phase requires a reasonable reaction time from the healer to top people off, and the tank needs to be fast about taunting.

If that's not the phase that killed your group, then I assume people were standing in stupid or not cleansing DOTs.

Couple of days ago I was tanking it, both bosses were at like 5 - 10% but they kill the other first. Man.... I took massive damage and only survived with cooldowns (and healing ofc). At least the wookie stayed on me, otherwise the squishys would have died. If the other boss swtiches target for his special attacks, then killing him first is the best way then.

Edited by wainot-keel

I don't see any problem with it. I wipe from time to time on it, but mostly because people think they know the strat because they've done it once in solo. I don't mind explaining though, but it bother me when people don't say it's their 1st time. I even encountered a dps today who clearly didn't know what to do (he didn't touch the healing probes on the 1st bosses and moved away from lightning balls on the second). I asked nicely if everyone knew how it worked, but the guy didn't answer. But he left after we wipe because of him on the second boss so we cleared it).

My only complaint is the bonus boss. Damn this guy is hard. We wiped on it for 3h in a guild run (I know, guild run for a FP seems overrated ^^) and the best we managed to do is down him to 48%. Anyway, gonna try this again tomorrow :p

• 5 months later...